Survivor Passive Perks

Every survivor can have a passive perk which empowers one of the skills and/or gives defensive bonus so every character will be different and will require different tactics. For example Claudette is a botanist and skilled in healing so her passive perk would enhance healing and if botany knowledge and self care perks equipped she will recover from any physical harm effect much faster, For Dwight as a leader his perk could improve other survivors perks if prove thyself and leader perks equipped. David King as a fearless survivor could recover quicker from psychological effects if dead hard and we're gonna live forever perks equipped and other survivors would receive positive and defensive bonuses depending their skills and abilities. This way equipping their own perk would be more meaningful and every survivor would have different play styles and instead of everyone is same character, a balanced survivor team would have better chance of survival :)

Comments

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

Because giving survivors another slot is a good idea when the game is already survivor sided :|

• Orkhun
    Orkhun Member Posts: 6

Passive Perk would be like Killers own perk or ability, it will be the default skill for that survivor and not another slot it only works if survivors use their own perks and it enhanced their abilities and skills so when survivors use perks from other survivors they will not receive the bonus from passive skill. This way survivors don't just look different but they will have different play styles and tactics 8-)

• MhhBurgers

Which would still result in you buffing the survivors unless you suggest nerfing every survivor perk along the way with such a change.

Can you people think over your suggestions before making them?

• Orkhun

Survivor skills should be improved as everyone playing both sides in the game would agree, after the updates and balancing most killers abilities have advantage over survivor skills specially with addons and killers shouldn't be able to catch survivors easily, bloodlust skill was in the game for that after chasing survivors they would receive speed boost now every killer easily catch up to survivors even when they are running without bloodlust, if I suggest something that means because it should be take into consideration I know the flaws and problems of the game very well.

• MhhBurgers
    edited October 2018

You realize this is a 1v4 game ROFL you are not supposed to have a chance against a killer in a 1v1 scenario, if this isn't fun for you then I suggest you try another game. Nothing has been done to improve killers catching survivors with this patch, only healing times have been increased.

Killerspeed also hasn't been increased, on the contrary bloodlust has been nerfed so I don't know ######### you're talking about.

You will be sorely disappointed because the devs currently plan on nerfing survivors even more with the upcoming patches, you will see many loopspots and safe places disappear.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Typical "BHVR so survivor sided plz buff killers" player dismissing a genuinely good suggestion with "stop buffing survivors they're too OP."

On topic: People have gotten used to playing Survivors for cosmetic reasons and I think such a radical change now would polarize a lot of the community. It has been suggested a lot before and I think it would be cool if something like this was added but I don't want to be forced to play Claudette for her 10% faster healing or Meg for her 10% faster Exaustion recharge.

• MhhBurgers

@TigerKirby215 said:
    Typical "BHVR so survivor sided plz buff killers" player dismissing a genuinely good suggestion with "stop buffing survivors they're too OP."

On topic: People have gotten used to playing Survivors for cosmetic reasons and I think such a radical change now would polarize a lot of the community. It has been suggested a lot before and I think it would be cool if something like this was added but I don't want to be forced to play Claudette for her 10% faster healing or Meg for her 10% faster Exaustion recharge.

Tell me as a gamedev that just nerfed healing why the ######### would you buff it again for certain characters. What's the point of nerfing survivors if you're gonna buff them again right after

• TigerKirby215

Because it would make Survivors feel more unique and interesting and would give players an actual reason to play specific Survivors. Also because it would allow killers to get a general idea of what they should be building to counter (multiple Claudettes = faster healing = bring Sloppy Butcher, multiple Megs = faster exaustion recharge = bring Exaustion addons) instead of every survivor being a blank slate in terms of abilities.

Dude, he's not asking for this change right now. He's not demanding that Killers move 75% slower, attack 75% slower, and have to put Survivors into the "attackable" state by using an ability on them and then waiting 7 seconds before they can hit them. Not all Survivor mains want Killers to be literally unplayable and for Survivors to be awarded with 10k Bloodpoints every match.
    Some people just want to have fun and like to theorize ideas that would make gameplay more unique. Crazy thought I know.

• MhhBurgers

"unique gameplay"

"decreases healing time by 2 seconds"

And I would absolutely hate having some useless crap on e.g my Bill when P3 claudettes who are hard to spot also heal faster rofl.

Also a killer should NOT have to adapt to survivors because it's literally impossible for him. The only thing we can do is bring franklins if we see many items, that's it, we have 5 perks vs 20, survivors should counter killers not the other way around.

• TigerKirby215

"Literally impossible for Killer to adapt" lol go back to Rank 20 bucko. The entire point of multiplayer gaming is to adapt.
    Survivor isn't supposed to have a free escape and 10k Bloodpoints every game, but Killer isn't supposed to have a 4 kills and 10k Bloodpoints every game.

• MhhBurgers
    edited October 2018

@TigerKirby215 said:
    "Literally impossible for Killer to adapt" lol go back to Rank 20 bucko. The entire point of multiplayer gaming is to adapt.
    Survivor isn't supposed to have a free escape and 10k Bloodpoints every game, but Killer isn't supposed to have a 4 kills and 10k Bloodpoints every game.

Ya except I'm rank 1 since I play killer but kay, it's mathematically impossible for us to use perks to adapt to survivors that's just a fact. You can't use 5 perks to counter 20 unless those 5 were super powerful multi-purpose perks. The entire point of a 1v4 game is not for the lone guy to friggin adapt his limited perkset to unknown loadouts of the majority role.

If you played killer you'd know that the only thing you can do is run either ligthborne or franklins because the only thing you see survivors doing is having their items.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I would be okay with them locking 1 perk in for each survivor.

Like Dwight, lock in leader

with meg, lock in adrenaline or sprint burst

claudette, self care

quinten, do pharmacy,...

Just lock in the best perk of the 3 for each survivor... permanently.

Same with killers. Why not.

Make each character have "that perk" they are known for.

For Wraith, lock in Shadowborn...

billy, lock in tinkerer

huntress, lullaby

myers... save the best for last... just stuff like that.

• TigerKirby215

"Can't use perks to adapt to Survivors"
    Hangman's Trick for Sabo Squads
    Overwhelming Presence for Flashlights
    Make Your Choice for overly altruistic players (We'll Make It)
    Territorial Imperative for looting builds (Ace)
    Whispers for Stealthy Survivors (P3 Claudettes)
    Stridor for Stealthy Survivors
    Enduring for Decisive Strike (Laurie Strode)
    Deerstalker also for Decisive Strike
    Knock Out also for Decisive Strike
    Rancor for Decisive Strike
    Save the Best for Last for Decisive Strike
    Play with Your Food for Decisive Strike

There are so many perks in this game that are designed largely if not entirely just to counter specific perks and/or gameplay styles. Yeah you can run BBQ, Ruin, Brutal Strength, and NOED every game. Just don't go crying on the forums when Jake Park sabos your hook.

• MhhBurgers

You'd piss off many dwight, Quentins.

LoL Shadowborn, I never use that crap, I never use Tinkerer on Billy and Lullaby is a hexperk that will get removed in a sec without doing anything if you're unlucky.

You'd just kill build diversity doing this.

• MhhBurgers

@TigerKirby215 said:
    "Can't use perks to adapt to Survivors"
    Hangman's Trick for Sabo Squads
    Overwhelming Presence for Flashlights
    Make Your Choice for overly altruistic players (We'll Make It)
    Territorial Imperative for looting builds (Ace)
    Whispers for Stealthy Survivors (P3 Claudettes)
    Stridor for Stealthy Survivors
    Enduring for Decisive Strike (Laurie Strode)
    Deerstalker also for Decisive Strike
    Knock Out also for Decisive Strike
    Rancor for Decisive Strike
    Save the Best for Last for Decisive Strike
    Play with Your Food for Decisive Strike

There are so many perks in this game that are designed largely if not entirely just to counter specific perks and/or gameplay styles. Yeah you can run BBQ, Ruin, Brutal Strength, and NOED every game. Just don't go crying on the forums when Jake Park sabos your hook.

Before you tell me to stay at R20 maybe hide your steam profile so your trolling at least is a bit more effective.

I've been R1 all of this year by maining freddy up to the point where I gave up on depipping because I reached rank1 too fast again anyways, while you after 500 hours can't reach rank1 on either side.

Holy jesus this list, I'm not even gonna comment on that it's so bad.

• Babatom
    Babatom Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2018

I've thought about this a lot, but I think many ideas to make survivors more unique would be too drastic of a change. You would have to 'add' something unique to each survivor, which most of the community would never agree with because survivors are considered the OP side and the game's current outlook is to take things away from them.

The issue is, the devs have allowed every survivor to do everything optimally, use every item and every perk, rather than have soft 'roles' that suit their bios (Only Claudette can use purple medkits, Jake the sabo toolbox, DS for Laurie only etc) They would never change this because it would always involve removing something from everybody's beloved main and facing the uproar.

It's a shame because the survivors are really just cosmetics.

The only thing I think they could do is change how often certain items, addons or offerings appear in different survivor's bloodwebs. Or give a very small buff/4th tier to one of each of the survivor's teachables when used on that survivor.

• TigerKirby215

@MhhBurgers said:
    Before you tell me to stay at R20 maybe hide your steam profile so your trolling at least is a bit more effective.

Forgive me for not using SAM.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Orkhun said:
    Every survivor can have a passive perk which empowers one of the skills and/or gives defensive bonus so every character will be different and will require different tactics. For example Claudette is a botanist and skilled in healing so her passive perk would enhance healing and if botany knowledge and self care perks equipped she will recover from any physical harm effect much faster, For Dwight as a leader his perk could improve other survivors perks if prove thyself and leader perks equipped. David King as a fearless survivor could recover quicker from psychological effects if dead hard and we're gonna live forever perks equipped and other survivors would receive positive and defensive bonuses depending their skills and abilities. This way equipping their own perk would be more meaningful and every survivor would have different play styles and instead of everyone is same character, a balanced survivor team would have better chance of survival :)

What would be the passive perks of the killers? Make some examples

• MhhBurgers

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Orkhun said:

What would be the passive perks of the killers? Make some examples

He only would want this for survivors loll.

• Dwight_Confusion

@MhhBurgers said:

LoL Shadowborn, I never use that crap, I never use Tinkerer on Billy and Lullaby is a hexperk that will get removed in a sec without doing anything if you're unlucky.

I happen to run Leader, Bond with my Dwight.

I try to run perks that stay in character to their lore in a way.

I don't run Dead Hard/Borrowed Time, Sprint Burst and Adrenaline/D Strike on every character dude...

so yeah.

• MhhBurgers

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

I happen to run Leader, Bond with my Dwight.

I try to run perks that stay in character to their lore in a way.

I don't run Dead Hard/Borrowed Time, Sprint Burst and Adrenaline/D Strike on every character dude...

so yeah.

There's also people that use typewriters in 2018, they're called hipsters. I'm talking about 99% of the population, yeah some people wouldn't be pissed, gratz on pointing that out that humans don't have a hivemind.

• Dwight_Confusion

I think you failed harder than you know...

I was just saying that having 1 perk locked in might be fun. It would force people not to play tryhard perks all the time...

and I use shadowborn on my wraith and crush. Yeah, I could swap it out for something a bit more useful, but it's cool on wraith. I only use it on wraith.

Hipsters?

Nah. What's "hip" is how everyone uses the meta perks... because everyone else uses them...

Kinda like Call of Duty. Everyone buys that game...

because everyone else kinda buys it. It's the "go-to" shooter... even though it isn't that good.

What is popular isn't really good... and what's good isn't that popular.

;)

• MhhBurgers

You failed harder than YOU Know, a hipster is somebody who does non-mainstream things.

And you're the definition of that.

I wouldn't flaunt around with that kind of attitude btw, most people look down on hipsters.

• Dwight_Confusion

I'm not even a hipster. You have no idea.

LoL..

Don't act like you know me.. you silly millennial.

• Orkhun

Killers have their passive perk as their skills in case you didn't know, idea is to make every survivor unique not just how they look but how they play passive perk would be survivor special skill to improve that characters gameplay not buffing perks, it is like when you equip a set of skills they work better for that character

• MhhBurgers

@Orkhun said:
    Killers have their passive perk as their skills in case you didn't know, idea is to make every survivor unique not just how they look but how they play passive perk would be survivor special skill to improve that characters gameplay not buffing perks, it is like when you equip a set of skills they work better for that character

Which in the end would still be a buff to survivors unless you nerfed those perks.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Instead of lullaby id lock in TI so its harder to escape the basement a good huntress can hook a basement and then with ti they can lock the basement down with a very good throw wounding or downing 1-2 survivors enabling more hooks and kills
  • MhhBurgers

@redsopine1 said:
    Instead of lullaby id lock in TI so its harder to escape the basement a good huntress can hook a basement and then with ti they can lock the basement down with a very good throw wounding or downing 1-2 survivors enabling more hooks and kills

Is this the crappy ideas thread?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I'm all for making Survivors actually different.
    This though? Ehhhhhhhhhhh...

• redsopine1

@redsopine1 said:

Hey there both good if used right time a hatchet for when your red stain vanishes and catch them off guard or use the environment to loop in front of them and the basement hooks are a good tactic to catch survivors for kills
  • redsopine1

@redsopine1 said:

Hey there both good if used right time a hatchet for when your red stain vanishes and catch them off guard or use the environment to loop in front of them and the basement hook is a good tactic to catch survivors for easy kill