How do you feel about Mettle of Man?

Le_DWK
Le_DWK Member Posts: 40
edited November 2020 in Polls

Mettle of Man has seen a DRASTIC change compared to its original almost entirely thanks to two words: Protection Hits.

No longer the meta perk it used to be, MoM definitely requires much more effort to pull off than simply strapping it on.

How do you feel about it?

Killer Mains? How do you feel about facing someone with MoM before and after the rework?

Survivor Mains? Do you enjoy running it still?

Regardless of what you vote, you have to admit, seeing someone pull it off is pretty impressive.

How do you feel about Mettle of Man? 31 votes

(Survivor) I miss the old MoM. I want my free hit!
9%
Fog_KingHannonReiDasLegendas 3 votes
(Survivor) I love the new MoM! It creates a unique playstyle!
12%
InjinotstarboardneedyLe_DWK 4 votes
(Killer) I miss the old MoM. It gave the survivors a chance against my elite skills.
3%
horrortale_sans 1 vote
(Killer) I'm glad the old MoM is gone. It was annoying.
29%
VolantConch1719ZerLukasTapeKnotAGMbjorksnasCrowmanTransverseCasterPior_MorteQwQw 9 votes
I'm indifferent.
45%
GibberishDemon_Swords[Deleted User]yobudddDetailedDetrimentMigrantTheGreatRothlonAwkward_FiendGreyBigfootMadLordJackMoundshroudNoOneKnowsNovaTsukiYureiDoritoHead 14 votes
Post edited by Gcarrara on

Comments

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,814

I play both sides, but I love the new MoM as a survivor. I like perks that give me minigame to do during the match like Saboteur, Autodidact, and Aftercare. This falls right in that bucket.

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294

The perk is an inherently terrible idea that needs a complete rework. Both versions of it are, but the second one is better as it can be ignored.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379
    I'm indifferent.

Old MoM was busted and punished killers with only 1 weapon! I feel that PTB MoM was fine, but current MoM was over nerfed imo

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,390

Old MoM was just not healthy for the game. It disproportionately strong against M1 killers while doing basically nothing against killers like Huntress who rely on using their power for damage.

At least now MoM works against both as protection hits don't care whether it's an M1 hit or a power hit.

• Le_DWK

If you're looking for a real fun build, I recommend

MoM, Blood Pact, Leader, and whatever. I call it the "Heal me, [BAD WORD]." Build.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,814

I love it :D I unfortunately don't have Blood Pact or MoM unlocked, but this does sound like a blast in the future! I've played around with both in KYF and I like them a lot.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,062
    I'm indifferent.

Its trickier to pull off, but new MoM is still a extremely powerful perk and can shift the game in an instant. I think people really underestimate just how important getting a down is for Killers, and a perk that robs them of getting a down even 1 time can be absolutely devastating, the Killer can legitimate lose the game off of that.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954
    edited November 2020
    I'm indifferent.

It should be current Mettle of Man but 2 instead of 3 hits. It can only activate once per trial anyways.

Edit: 5 seconds after writing this I forgot they made it so it can be active more than once, but when's that gonna realistically happen?

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399

I play both sides. MoM went from broken to completely useless. What's needed here is a middle ground, in my opinion.

Currently, MoM is pretty hard to activate, also risky, and it may never activate against certain killers. There's a reason why nearly no one uses it nowadays. It's like Second Wind: Too many conditions and drawbacks to maybe activate a perk which is only useful at certain moments of a match.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    I'm indifferent.

But it's pretty metal ngl

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    I'm indifferent.

Indifferent cuz I don’t use it and I never see it on others. This question could’ve been about Slippery Meat and get the same answer.

• DudelPumaAce
    DudelPumaAce Member Posts: 305

trash they nerf it hard, but when you healed the killer can see you wow i mean omg its sooo Woooowww trash its realy trash !

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,120

They should set it back to 2 protection hits. 2 at the time of release was overpowered simply because instaheals existed. Now they're gone, so why not change it back?

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

I'm glad old MoM is gone, but new MoM is too hard to use without throwing the game. As others said, it really should be 2 hits, not 3. And if that's too strong then consider making it 1 or 2 time use total. But 3 hits is definitely excessive.

• Le_DWK

As a person who runs MoM constantly, it happens occasionally against certain killers like Legion.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    (Survivor) I miss the old MoM. I want my free hit!

The old MoM saved me a lot of times, before it was changed, so of course I would want it back, so that is why I voted that way. But, my feelings aside, I know it was too broken. If 3 or 4 survivors used the perk, the killer would have a much harder time, so the change was needed.