The Most Broken Thing about this Game

I sometimes find that I will be so wrapped up in chases, hunting, hooking (lol) and other in game activities that I will go for an entire match\trial without taking a drink of my beverage (be it beer, spirits or wine).

Almost every other game I play has almost built in opportunities for me to use at least one hand a grab a quick drink, but there are times when I finish a match and notice my drink is starting to get warm or the ice is beginning to melt because I have had to use both hands to play effectively.

I propose there be a built in 10(ish) second pause (for all players) every 5 minutes or so, so that players can drink more easily while playing.

How am I supposed to get tipsy if I have to wait for the match to end to drink?!? And why should I risk a loss by stopping my play to drink?

And before it is suggested: no, I am not going to rig a camelback or some other device to drink from a straw. I am a grown man!

Behavior, please fix this broken system as soon as possible!!!

Comments

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

DBD Drinking Setup as Killer: At the end of the round take 1/2 shot for each kill
    DBD Drinking Setup as Survivor: Shot if you survive, 2 shots if you die

Tried this out last weekend and it works real well :-)

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    edited October 2018

@Attackfrog said:
    I sometimes find that I will be so wrapped up in chases, hunting, hooking (lol) and other in game activities that I will go for an entire match\trial without taking a drink of my beverage (be it beer, spirits or wine).

Almost every other game I play has almost built in opportunities for me to use at least one hand a grab a quick drink, but there are times when I finish a match and notice my drink is starting to get warm or the ice is beginning to melt because I have had to use both hands to play effectively.

I propose there be a built in 10(ish) second pause (for all players) every 5 minutes or so, so that players can drink more easily while playing.

How am I supposed to get tipsy if I have to wait for the match to end to drink?!? And why should I risk a loss by stopping my play to drink?

And before it is suggested: no, I am not going to rig a camelback or some other device to drink from a straw. I am a grown man!

Play survivor and you will get bored so fast holding M1 with your one finger while drinking that you will have to rush the games even faster next game when you realize you have drunken too much :lol:

Btw, considering how short the games are in DBD, you can have a drinknig pause after every game.
    If you really feel the need to take a drink while playing killer and cant wait until the game has ended, wait until you have hooked someone and employ the tactic called "camping" while drinking

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@AgentTalon said:
    DBD Drinking Setup as Killer: At the end of the round take 1/2 shot for each kill

Only as solo though, in a SWF it might be too much shots ^^

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331
    edited October 2018

True, in SWF maybe you rotate who takes the drinks round to round?

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

I knew the wisdom of the forums would come to the rescue! There are a lot of great ideas here to enhance my gaming/drinking experience!

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    And here's another one just get wasted before you play
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Just play Huntress and take a shot for every hatchet miss.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Loading screens.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

If you aren't playing drunk by daylight with this setup, are you really even playing?

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Maybe this hat will help

• Attackfrog

This forum is pure genius! Initially, I was opposed to straws....But @RuneStarr , you make a very valid argument!

• nssBoB
    nssBoB Member Posts: 15

i have no trouble rolling up my spliffs while repairing gens. git gud. ;P

• Attackfrog
    nssBoB said:

i have no trouble rolling up my spliffs while repairing gens. git gud. ;P

Now that is some damn good multi-tasking! 
  • RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

@Dudddd said:
    RuneStarr said:

If you aren't playing drunk by daylight with this setup, are you really even playing?

Because encouraging alcoholism is a good idea , you should seek rehab buddy considering how minuscule and unethical  your ideas are for entertainment. 

You must be fun at parties.

• Attackfrog
    RuneStarr said:

@Dudddd said:
    RuneStarr said:

Because encouraging alcoholism is a good idea , you should seek rehab buddy considering how minuscule and unethical  your ideas are for entertainment. 

He/she may not realize that if I stop drinking for too long, I get all shaky and start getting sick/nauseous!

I pretty much HAVE to drink while playing!

For my health!!
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Um... I usually have more than ample time to take sips of my tasty adult beverage. If anything, I'm usually hitting the bottom before I know it and having to get up and get another while I'm in the lobby cue.

Next thing I know, I'm so numb I can't play the mind games right and I'm missing easy grabs and swings.

But I'm not the one with the drinking problem here [hic]

• redsopine1
    RuneStarr said:

@Dudddd said:
    RuneStarr said:

He/she may not realize that if I stop drinking for too long, I get all shaky and start getting sick/nauseous!

For my health!!
    That's addiction withdrawal symptoms or if your trying to quite drinking and go cold turkey you get ill
  • redsopine1
    RuneStarr said:

@Dudddd said:
    RuneStarr said:

For my health!!
    That's addiction withdrawal symptoms or if your trying to quite drinking and go cold turkey you get ill
  • Attackfrog
    RuneStarr said:

@Dudddd said:
    RuneStarr said:

For my health!!
    <Wait a minute....that can't be right. Pretty sure alcohol destroys all the harmful bacteria and viruses in my body. Pretty sure I am getting sick because when I stop drinking, the alcohol is no longer killing the flu bugs or cold bugs or whatever that live in my stomach and make me sick! 

Think about it! Why else would you use alcohol wipes to disinfect stuff.

It's just science!
  • Attackfrog
     Also, I play as doctor so I know how science works!

• Attackfrog
    RuneStarr said:

@Dudddd said:
    RuneStarr said:

For my health!!
    <Wait a minute....that can't be right. Pretty sure alcohol destroys all the harmful bacteria and viruses in my body. Pretty sure I am getting sick because when I stop drinking, the alcohol is no longer killing the flu bugs or cold bugs or whatever that live in my stomach and make me sick! 

<Think about it! Why else would you use alcohol wipes to disinfect stuff.

<It's just science!
  • Attackfrog
    RuneStarr said:

@Dudddd said:
    RuneStarr said:

For my health!!

<Think about it! Why else would you use alcohol wipes to disinfect stuff.

<It's just science!
  • BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Attackfrog said:

Play survivor and you will get bored so fast holding M1 with your one finger while drinking that you will have to rush the games even faster next game when you realize you have drunken too much :lol:

Btw, considering how short the games are in DBD, you can have a drinknig pause after every game.
    If you really feel the need to take a drink while playing killer and cant wait until the game has ended, wait until you have hooked someone and employ the tactic called "camping" while drinking

This is what i do, seriously. A lot of time when i'm 'camping' i'm rolling and lighting a cigarette, drinking soda, or eating. More than a few times some brave survivor just ran up and got an unhook because my hands were full.