There's no valid reason to keep playing

Options
CreepingInTheHallway
CreepingInTheHallway Member Posts: 23
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

What would be a reason to play when you know that you nearly done the Rift, you have all tomes completed, you have all achievements unlocked? Prestiging all characters? For the bloody cosmetics? Huh?

Survivor gameplay feels stale and repetitive. You can say when you'll win and when you'll loose just by looking at what your teammates do when you're hanged. None of them fix gens? Well, that's a loose. Some of them do them? That's probably a win or a tie.

What's the motivation to play as a survivor when you see that you'll loose? As a killer you may try getting at least a kill by the end. As a survivor you'll just die unless you get a hatch that a killer can find before you when it's closed and block it, leaving you with no opportunity to escape if the gates are near each other. You may know it even before it happens!

As a killer survivors are either not good and you know that you'll win and rarely good and you know that you'll get 1-2 kills unless they mess up.

Everything is predictable. There's no interest in seeing what will happen next, so at least you want to get a reward. And there's none. Nothing valuable. The game feels like routine after playing or enough time. We still can't have rank rewards, what the heck?!

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I just like to log in and hit people. The entire carrot and stick just gets in the way of my sadism.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

I can understand that, and the most frustrating thing is watching the devs constantly disappoint us.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I'm getting ready to P3 Zarina and start a personal challenge of getting her fully perked out just by playing her. Was going to do it a few days ago but I decided to wait for the next tome chapter so I can have some more challenges to do.

And that's just one thing you can do to spice up games. Some people do random perk builds maybe try that?

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Finding the game fun is a pretty solid reason to keep playing.

If you aren't, then I'm with the others that have suggested taking a break. Try out some other games. Return if you find yourself missing it. Games are supposed to be fun after all.

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365
    Options

I have over 2000 hours and although the game can get repetitive, it's still a lot of fun. I've recently started to run off-meta, fun builds and this has helped make the games a lot more enjoyable! Maybe try that. Otherwise, take a break for a bit.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Then hit the road Jack... and don't you come back no more... no more... no more... no more! I'm not being snide; I'm being pragmatic. Perhaps that is the game now for YOU, but I'm not there yet. If it is all played out, move on. There are hundreds of awesome games that will be fresh and dynamic for you. Someday I'll hit the point of no return myself, and I'll QUIETLY exit stage left for new horizons myself.

• Tsair
    Tsair Member Posts: 49
    Options

You don't need to play a game for eternity. If you've put in over 1000 hours, you've almost certainly gotten the value out of purchasing the game and the DLCs you may have gotten. But if you've finished the rift and tomes and you're not feeling like you're enjoying the game, take a break until the new killer drops, or until the new rifts and tomes drop. Playing when there's new content is definitely a viable way to continue interest.

• nerdguy5
    nerdguy5 Member Posts: 52
    Options

So leave then

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

i've played for 2500 to 3000 hours myself and I still have fun! but if you aren't having fun don't force it, find a new game. take a break come back a few months later and see what's going on. your choice. but posts like this really don't help because you'll get people saying then just leave and others saying nooooo! it's really fun... only you can determine if it's good enough for you to play

• ChainsawsChickenNBBQ
    Options

Like all games, there's a time to move on or take an extended break

• judge_fist
    judge_fist Member Posts: 114
    Options

That's the psychological trick of video games. Most games rely on leveling up and earning other in game rewards to keep you playing these days. It's tricking the pleasure center of your brain into the giving you a boost of serotonin because the level up or in game rewards makes you feel like you accomplished something. Your given a clear objective to complete and when you complete the objective you get that boost again. It to some level or degree becomes a strange sort of addiction based entirely on the fact that most people dont understand the psychology of it. Ultimately their is no real reward unless your a pro gamer playing tournaments for money or a legit streamer. I understand what your saying though 100% after you've put in the time and finished practically everything in the game what is left to do? The fun and reward of it has faded away due to the large amount of hours spent playing and now you have to possibly accept you just dont really enjoy the game anymore. I suggest a break for awhile then giving it another try some later time in the future. For me the reward is the brief escape from reality that it gives you and getting to live in this other world for a time. I've got around 1.5k hours in Dbd and the love hasn't faded yet. I also have little time to game anymore so I appreciate it that much more when I do get to play a few rounds. I play enough to hit that rank 1 spot both sides through most rank cycles. I however play much less survivor since my squad doesn't play much anymore and I prefer killer over solo q. I'm still playing at high level against insane survivors most matches and win or lose I typically enjoy it. Sometimes with some frustration but I understand the why and how of it, so it's less painful when I only get a few matches in every few days. I wish you luck and hope maybe the information and my rambling in some way helps you. Dbd needs you to keep playing theirs not enough killers to go around and this community needs more survivor/killer players that have complex understanding of the game from both sides. Thanks for listening see you in the fog my fellow denizens. ✌

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

"I have been playing this game for thousands of hours, why am I getting bored?"

Dunno

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468
    Options

Pretty sure I want to play, so Ill keep playing. I sit at 1,000,000 bloodpoints all day. If you need a carrot on a stick in front you to encourage you to play, maybe the game isn't what you enjoy but the grind instead.

• IleOddity
    IleOddity Member Posts: 7
    Options

It's a game man. You play because you're enjoying it. If you aren't enjoying it, don't play. That's like people who aren't enjoying a book, but still try to force themselves to read it. Put it down and find another book.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,657
    edited November 2020
    Options

David King in Ultra+ settings at 200% resolution on my new 1080p monitor at 60fps without a shirt, in shorts, is enough reason for me to continue playing.

Yes, I'm thirsty.

• Hero_awesome
    Hero_awesome Member Posts: 301
    Options

I won't say any chance I get. You'd have to admit it does get boring at times. Otherwise i only play when i have a murder boner.

• ComaDarkvale
    ComaDarkvale Member Posts: 20
    Options

I play because I have fun plus I play online with my brother and his best friend. We enjoy the community aspect and the laughs we have from winning and losing. I personally do not care what I unlock or complete that's just a bonus I play daily. Never find it boring. If it was boring I just wouldn't play. It really is that simple. Don't play if you don't enjoy as well as how easy it it to not spread misery lol

• Opeth32
    Opeth32 Member Posts: 9
    Options

When I see people post stuff like this I generally get the feeling they think everyone agrees with them and there posts are taken as the gospel truth. Unfortunately you only speak for your self. This is your experience not mine and many others. Just quit easy as one two three. Go sale your game at a pawn shop or GameStop and don’t pick it up anymore. It’s very easy.

• KingMyers
    KingMyers Member Posts: 57
    Options

Noone and I mean noone finds fun in rewarding lmao if that's the case noone would go for achieves as they do nothing

• anotherLegionmain
    Options

There are plenty of reasons to keep playing. Perhaps a favorite character? Maybe just to be scared? Maybe just sadism? Either way there is still a lot of reasons to play this amazing game (the devs could fix some of the glitches tho)

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

I actually don't think it gets boring that often if at all.

• DoomsdayDame
    DoomsdayDame Member Posts: 62
    Options

It sounds like you need a new game. I started getting frusterated last year and stopped, I needed a break.

• jhaitg243
    jhaitg243 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Lol wah wah wah, get a new game or stop complaining about a game that no one asks you to play, we all know what we're getting into. Survivor main lolol

• Go_Go_Roboto
    Go_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 330
    Options

If you aren't having fun, I do recommend finding something else for your own mental health. Good luck!

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383
    Options

Take a little break from it, see if any other games really tickle your fancy 👍 Maybe come back to DbD in a few months and see how it feels to you 😊

Best of luck in whatever you choose to do 😃

• The_Edenian
    The_Edenian Member Posts: 4
    Options

The game is fun! I play video games to have fun and relax. You need to start up a new hobby and take a break from DBD.

• RelentlessShadows009
    Options

My thoughts exactly. I mean I'd there was something on the line, especially prize money, I'd take the game as serious. Out side of that there is no incentive to walk amongst the super elite.

Besides, I'm not a gamer, I'm a player. The difference being gamers take games way to serious.

• LegitLegendary0
    LegitLegendary0 Member Posts: 18
    Options

You can literally ask this question for every game, if your bored you play dbd, along with all games. That's the whole point. If you see no point then just stop playing. You can either work for the rest of your life and get home to idk clean? Or you can play dbd and enjoy life just a little more. Otherwise don't post crap like this on the forums cause you will just get toxic responses. Just play the game or don't, we don't care.

• kuku_cthulhu
    kuku_cthulhu Member Posts: 2
    Options

Yeah the main part of playing the game is having fun, if you're not having fun because of game mechanics you deem is not fair then you should probably just play a different game. I for one am still having fun playing the game

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158
    Options

Win or lose I just play to have fun and unwind from a long ass day at work. The way you make it sound almost like this game is a chore. You are apparently burnt out and that’s ok. Find another game that makes you feel that fun factor again and play that for a while. Then come back or don’t.