Should console players be given access to the chat box pregame/postgame lobby

SHOOTERRALPHBOY
SHOOTERRALPHBOY Member Posts: 25

As it stands only pc players can talk and view the chatbox which makes it harder for console players to interact with other players in the lobby

Should console players be given access to the chat box pregame/postgame lobby 69 votes

Yes
73%
TapeKnotF60_31CashelP14Leonardo1itaAmaranth035TaigaRin_is_my_waifuRoboMojojadssPurgatorianDarootLeafstormBloodyBunnyfairfieldismsScary_Punk_GhostHannonAwkward_FiendCephalon_LebronDarkMagiknotstarboardJay_Whyask 51 votes
No
26%
M4dBoOmrFatelanceFalkner09BabyCameron10TragicSolitudemusstang62Mattie_MayhemOGhedgehoeDBD78bjorksnasChurchofPigbm33AggressiveFTWgetuy45u4iuBasementDwellerFrustratedKillerMainInk_EyesInsaneClownGroup 18 votes

Comments

• SHOOTERRALPHBOY
    SHOOTERRALPHBOY Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2020

I play a red rank huntress and ive seen no advantage of pc survivors over console survivors but thats just in my experience and as you say you've turned crossplay off personally right so whats the harm in being able to message survivors or killer before or after the match you could make new friends to play with or you can tell how toxic the players are before starting

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373
    No

we dont want it.

• Aquagrunt
    Aquagrunt Member Posts: 6
    Yes

There's literally no reason not to give it to them. If they don't want to see it add a hide option.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517
    No

I think 99% of the time, it's not going to be gg's but just more toxicity from console players. There's a reason a lot of us just turned off messages/friend requests on console when playing this game. I'm reminded of a time I got a friend request with the attached message "reported you f***ing n****r" for having the audacity to get a 0k with Clown, running party streamers, wherein I went out of my way to not tunnel or camp or slug

If you can permanently turn the chat on/off, then I wouldn't care either way

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    No

No PC-players are toxic mostly and no reason to give them more people to be rude towards.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Yes

I would rather have toxic messages and accusations of cheating when survivors are killed in post game chat so I can turn my messages on again on PS5 and Xbox

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    edited December 2020
    Yes

Yes, I'm pretty sure that on PC you have the option to just disable the post game chat if you want to. So assuming that would also be available to consoles, there's literally no reason to not add it other then mere distaste for those on other platforms due to misconceptions that are based solely on their own anecdotal evidence. Just because a bunch of people who just so happened to be crossplay teabagged you at the exit gate does not mean all people on said platform is toxic. That should seem obvious but you'd be surprised, lol.

Post edited by RoboMojo on
  • Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    No

You don't want it...trust me! most of the times people use it to flame you after the game, I play on pc and wish there was a way to remove it to avoid harassment.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
    Yes

If anything put a option to Disable Or Enable it

• SOMENINJANAME
    SOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294
    Yes

Why did so many people vote no? I play on Console and PC and see zero reason why console players should be treated like second-class citizens lofl.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    No

It's the opposite? Us console players not having to deal with that chat thing is an advantage. Let the PC players waste time on it where they could have just gone to another game, and then see them complaining about toxic messages here. You are lucky just turn off messages on your console and just play the game.

• SOMENINJANAME
    SOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294
    Yes

Lol, okay, but sometimes the angry messages are very funny.

• RamblinRango
    RamblinRango Member Posts: 389
    Yes

Massive increases in bans incoming

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Yes

I'd personally like to be able to complement a killer on a good match.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    No

Do you really want to see the toxic threads pc players will send? Especially once they realize they can now bully the console players via ingame chat and they really can't do much about it

• BloodyBunny
    BloodyBunny Member Posts: 114
    Yes

voted yes by mistake but i meant no

end game chat would probably not be used by most console players since it would be annoying and slow to use with a controller plus endgame chat was really toxic and since the typing would be slow chances are the toxic PC players would just harass console players without them being able to defend themselves

plus im happy endgame chat im pretty dead at this point like i said it was pretty dead