Can we expect a fix to survivor queue times soon?

Options
2»

Comments

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

That would be a lot of work for something people wouldn't really like. It is better if it is an actual human playing. Besides, toxic survivors wouldn't get to ruin another person's experience so there would be a huge drop in players, maybe idk.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351
    edited November 2020
    Options

Survivor queue times are long right now because the devs keep putting challenges like "play against a killer with a standard 32m terror radius and avoid playing the game properly long enough to use diversion twice in a single match." Killer challenges are all super easy in comparison. I can do 10 killer challenges in the time it takes me to do a challenge like "force the killer to throw the match and 1v1 you so you can pallet stun him three times in a single game." If ppl could get their challenges done without depending on the killer to play a certain way or without having to play selfish and screw their teammates then maybe they might switch back to playing killer. Hell, i'd be on killer right now if I wasn't busy sandbaggin my teammates in an attempt to do the challenges.

Post edited by ggallinftw on
  • Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    edited November 2020
    Options

Yeah I didn't realize that it was up to how many people play killers. But I think that giving all killers a rework or tune up would really help people choose killers. Problem is, it is all up to bhvr. Stronger killers such as p head or huntress are played at high levels because they are effective and strong while also simple and fun. If they buffed the weaker killers, it would encourage survivors to play more killer. That is one way of doing it, maybe there are other great ideas that would help.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    Options

most likeley no, is a problem with how many killersa are playing in those ranks where you are. amnd there arent as many killers as survivors, not even close.

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268
    Options

I'm buying them because I think their perks are good, plus this new killer isn't being embraced because they're good killers, but because of the unique gameplay that they offer. It's more of an enjoyable killer regardless of final match outcome.

• Izy
    Izy Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2020
    Options

Killer has a huge drop off at lower ranks. Many people want to deny that the game doesn't favor survivor at red to purple ranks. Unfortunately for those people, lots of killer mains disagree.

Red rank killer is just non-stop pressure of trying to hold on to a game that is barely yours to control. It's just really not fun in its current state. I do one game and I'm completely spent and just queue survivor to be back on the side that gets to be dominant and play with the killer.

I don't think this game will ever feel balanced where both sides can find enjoyment in most of their games.

• Mr_Lemon
    Mr_Lemon Member Posts: 74
    Options

I wouldn't really expect it because the main reason it takes so long is the abundance of survivor mains/people playing survivors and not enough people wanting to play killer for multiple reasons ((stress,being bullied,most of the survivor/community not liking killers)) so unlike other games where there would be a way to fix it there really isn't there unless there is a shortage of survivor's or a influx of killers.