I absolutely hate Asarov’s Resting place.

This map couldn’t be any more survivor sided, next to Haddonfield!!!

No matter how hard you try to control the centre and one side, just one stuff up, and the next thing you know, the map is sub divided, and then you may as well AFK for the rest of the match.

Comments

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

It depends on how you control gens. You want to project the gen in the centre at all costs. If it goes, your map pressure goes with it. Killers like Clown, as I'm sure you already know, aren't very good at exerting map pressure.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

This map isn’t really that survivor sided... you can camp someone from really far away, and there are quite a few dead zone gens and hooks. If someone goes down on either side of the map you can make it really difficult for the survivors to save and slow down the match considerably.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I cannot tell of this is sarcasm or not, but all I'll say is that if I "patrol" someone in one side I rarely lose. Although the centre could do with a good nerf, I hate getting chained maze tiles.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited December 2020

You're meming right? It's one of the most killer sided maps (right above Shelter Woods) because it's so easy to protect one side and sometimes one side can spawn 5 of the 7 possible gens...

@jdcabral which side has more pallets is entirely down to RNG, but normally, what you state is true.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690
    edited December 2020

It's one of the most killer sided maps in the game... that's not me making assumptions, there are actual statistics to back this up.

That said, winning on that map means forcing a 3 gen, meaning committing to only 1 side, which is one of the most boring experiences one could ask for.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Interesting because when I play solo, my teammates almost always 3-gen on Azarov's and that's gg.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

It is the best killer map in the game. You can have up to 4 gens on the same side. If you go for 3 gen strat nobody should be even getting out. Not even mentioning the lack of places you can run the killer on both ends of this map.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

No sarcasm.

The map seems killer sided, until you get hyper aggressive survivor teams that know how important it is to not let the killer control one side of the map.

All it takes is one to slip past and successfully repair the centre gen, and one on the side you intend to protect, and it’s game over for the killer.

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121

I don't mean to be rude, but is it possible you had a few bad matches on it and formed an opinion? I think ARP is generally agreed to be one of the few maps that can swing in the favor of killers. I think that the balance is very RNG dependent, but the ability to always hold a 3 gen on this map makes it balanced at the very least. When I play on this map I practically don't even go to the opposite side of the map the entire game, unless there is a very good reason to do so or my 3 gen gets broken. ARP can also spawn massive deadzones, so much so that you can have only 3 pallets on 1 side of the map. The map isn't always killer sided, because of RNG, but I certainly don't feel at an inherent disadvantage when I load in on this map (whereas I do with a large portion of the maps).

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yeah, but that's every map in the game. There's no such thing as a killer-sided map just because co-ordinated survivors is a thing that exists and we just have to deal with. If I had a choice between facing a comp team on Azarovs, Dead Dawg, Hawkins or whatever other supposedly killer-sided map exists in the game, I'd take Azarovs every single time as every single killer. At least a 4-gen is a slight possibility.

And speaking from experience, it's very, very hard to sneak past and break the 3-gen before it begins. Harder than any other map, even Hawkins.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Fractured Cowshed and Disturbed Ward are waaaaaaaaaaay worse.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

I like it personally, kind of a dynamic map in that it's all about gen splitting and area control. Although it's probably getting changed with the rework like how bloodlodge and gas haven r getting a layout rework, can't confirm though.

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 457

I like how Hex totems always spawn in the middle too, unless I'm playing killer, then it suuuuuuuuucks.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

same, it is the worst designed map

• Mr.FlexOG
    Mr.FlexOG Member Posts: 45

I love this map. I pray for it often. I love mowing through survivors on this map. If I'm running sloppy it's extra sweet because I can hit them, send them away from my side of the map to heal and repeat until they're way out of position or injured and then I punish them.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Azarovs is the easiest first hit very consistently. Wherever you spawn just walk straight and you will find at least 1 survivor within 15 seconds. Unless you spawn in the middle.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

Stay and protect one side of the map. Its easy as pie to get a three gen situation on there. Its why I hate that map as survivor. Often my team mates will allow the killer to do that without making any effort to do a gen on the other side of the map.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

So here is how Azarov go: As survivor you MUST split it, and as killer you MUST 3 gen a side. Whichever side can do that usualy win. Also the middle part is nothing but strong looping tiles back to back so the killer really has no interest in trying to cover both sides. Laslty, the totems spots are terrible like on all old maps. Hopefully the graphic update will fix that.

Autohaven is one of the worst realms in my opinion, giving us such gems as Wreckers Yard, which is all about the center basement camping, Gas Heaven and the infinite car walls, and Blood McFlippin' Lodge.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Resting Place and Suffocation Pit have the worst map design I have ever seen. Like why are they built like a barbel? They're killer sided because the killer can 3-gen on one side of the map and make the game super boring for survivors. They're survivor sided because the middle of the maps are broken as hell and if the gens get done it a good order by survivors that leaves one gen on one side of the map and two gens on the other the killer literally can't win protect them. Regardless of what side you're on these maps just suck in general, I hate getting them playing as survivor and killer.