Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

TY BHVR

Cebren
Cebren Member Posts: 19
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

Our voices were heard. Thank you for giving back!

Post edited by Cebren on

Comments

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

No one will leave lol if they do over this well thats more fool them.

They also didnt hype it directly, they did however allow it to happen on these forums when they could have closed it down instantly, I just think it has been done a bit badly by using an event to push those extra skins, its a marketing idea but not a great one imo as it has cleary had an effect.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I think it would have been better from a marketing standpoint to just remove the cap, so people who want to grind insane hours to get the cosmetics can do so and those who don't want to grind or don't have time or start playing after the event has ended can buy the skins. I think more people would be happy to buy them because the event as a whole would have left a better taste in everyone's mouths. As it is, a lot of people who might have bought the skins ordinarily seem to be feeling really betrayed and saying they don't want to support the game like this, and some are swearing off spending money on DbD anymore altogether.

• Cebren

Yeah because an event is supposed to be 10$ skins in the shop that arent limited time. If you think this isn't making people less keen to spend money in the future, you're delusional.

This event was supposed to be for us.. but instead once again its for THEM. Call me every name you wish and discredit everything I say, wont change my opinion on this.

• Man I’m so out of the loop on this. And there are so many threads. Can someone explain what the outcry is about? 

As as far as I understand, there are numerous outfits coming for the event for various killers and survivors. But you only earn enough nectar or whatever to buy one set? Am I having this right?

If so that’s pretty lame to cap it. So my son loves Overwatch, when they do an event he begs me for lootboxes. I might buy him 5, but I’ll tell him to just play the game for lootboxes and try to get the event skins he wants. So this will not even be possible during the event because there’s a cap? And then after the event I’m sure they’ll be available in the store, but at the laughably ludicrous prices the rest of the cosmetics are at most likely.

But again maybe I have it wrong. But if that’s right these guys are out of their minds. The game still runs like poop on my X and yet I’m supposed to shell out $10 for skins like this is a F2P game or something LOL
  • MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

@Cebren said:
    This event was supposed to be for us.. but instead once again its for THEM. Call me every name you wish and discredit everything I say, wont change my opinion on this.

### do you even mean? This event was supposed to be for us? Do you think BHV is some santa who just gives out free ######### and a pat on the back?

once again its for THEM

Seriously dude, grow up. The entire game is about them. Its their business. If you by "once again" you mean they've done this before, then don't be surprised and do us all favor and just leave.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Man I’m so out of the loop on this. And there are so many threads. Can someone explain what the outcry is about? 

As as far as I understand, there are numerous outfits coming for the event for various killers and survivors. But you only earn enough nectar or whatever to buy one set? Am I having this right?

If so that’s pretty lame to cap it. So my son loves Overwatch, when they do an event he begs me for lootboxes. I might buy him 5, but I’ll tell him to just play the game for lootboxes and try to get the event skins he wants. So this will not even be possible during the event because there’s a cap? And then after the event I’m sure they’ll be available in the store, but at the laughably ludicrous prices the rest of the cosmetics are at most likely.

But again maybe I have it wrong. But if that’s right these guys are out of their minds. The game still runs like poop on my X and yet I’m supposed to shell out $10 for skins like this is a F2P game or something LOL
    So if I get this right
    BHVR > BLIZZARD

Fair. Same amount of people working on it, same amount of resources

I would love to see how many people have an economic background or is a game developer that from scratch became big as blizzard
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Cebren said:
    Yeah because an event is supposed to be 10$ skins in the shop that arent limited time. If you think this isn't making people less keen to spend money in the future, you're delusional.

Have you seen the new skins? The new skills are all essentially just new Legacy-like skins. This design was likely chosen to cater to the sea of newer players that desperately wanted a Legacy skin. This event was made for the community and given how the skins have maintained a high price from the beginning it would seem that the developers are raising a great deal of money for BHVR. While it's just my guess here, I'd say some of that skin money is going towards a big glass jar somewhere with "dedicated servers" written on the side.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

@Well_Placed_HexTotem I'll try and explain it to you.

Basically, there is a cap on how many points you can earn during the event. At the cap, you have enough to buy 3 cosmetic items out of 21, or 1 full outfit out of 7. The rest you can pay for either during or after the event (they'll remain in the shop forever) for $10 US.

The main reasons people have problems with this are:

a) This is the first event in the history of the game that has been monetised. Up until now, all community events like this one were 100% free and you could unlock all the content just by playing the game.
    b) A lot of people feel that the devs have not been very transparent about the above fact in the leadup to the event, especially since it's different to anything they've done before and quite a significant change at that. They only revealed that the majority of the cosmetics would have to be paid for in a stream 24 hours before the start of the event. So people are feeling betrayed and led on.
    c) Instead of only having 1-3 cosmetics like in previous events, there are 21, but most of them are locked behind a paywall. Therefore, it feels like we're being given less because although there's a fair amount of things we can have, there are a lot of things we can't that are just being dangled in front of our noses.

The main points of view that people are expressing (or variations/combinations of the below) are:

1) We should be grateful to the devs for working so hard on the event and recognise that they're trying to do something nice for us while also trying to make money for themselves, which is necessary to sustain their business and therefore the game.
    2) It's okay to pay for the cosmetics, but they should be exclusive to the event either way, and not available in any form after the event ends, because otherwise it doesn't feel very special.
    3) It's okay to want to earn money for their awesome work on these skins, but they shouldn't have let us believe that the prizes for the event were free when they mostly aren't. This has led to people feeling betrayed, and therefore not wanting to spend money on the skins when they otherwise might have. It would have been better from both a marketing and an ethical standpoint if the devs had been more transparent from the start.
    4) All the cosmetics should be free by grinding, or purchasable with shards, during the event, because otherwise it just leaves a bad taste in the mouths of the players, especially those who enjoy achieving the goal of completing an event as much as if not more than they do the rewards themselves. Cosmetics could still be bought with cells during and after the event, and again it would be better as a marketing strategy because people would be happier and therefore more likely to shell out the cash.
    5) If the event were smaller like past events but 100% free, people would have generally been happier. Perhaps the cool skins could have been released as a new payable skin set instead of being free-but-not-really as part of the event.

• Fictionalname
    Fictionalname Member Posts: 121

Bye Felicia. Nobody wanted you here anyway.

Those "we" that "leave" will make this community a better place.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited October 2018

To be honest, it was kinda the impression that you COULD unlock all cosmetics, and they simply just slipped the sentence quietly on their stream as if they know already that they're gonna get some serious backlash.

But, they can do what they want. I'm glad we atleast get a 3 piece to choose from.

I'm just here for the medkits and spooooky flashlights truthfully.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    I just think it's absolutely ridiculous that you're expecting the devs go give you them for free. Like, never, not once, did they ever say youd be able to get all the skins. They never said that these would even be in unlockable at all for free. You just assumed they would let you have them, and now you're pissed off at your own failed expectations. You're probably one of those people that goes and yells at a 16 year old when your burger comes out wrong too, because you're expecting Gorden ######### Ramsey to make it. Learn expectation management, you were not cheated in any way, there was no bait and switch, because they never hinted at or implied the skins would be free, ever. 
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Brady said:
    To be honest, it was kinda the impression that you COULD unlock all cosmetics, and they simply just slipped the sentence quietly on their stream as if they know already that they're gonna get some serious backlash.

But, they can do what they want. I'm glad we atleast get a 3 piece to choose from.

I'm just here for the medkits and spooooky flashlights truthfully.

This event will admittedly be one of the few times I unequip Pharmacy.

• Cebren

You act like im the only one who feels this way? Reddit has a thousand people saying the same thing. Im entitled to my entitled opinion.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/9pbj1l/developer_stream_112_hallowed_blight_event/

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Cebren said:
    You act like im the only one who feels this way? Reddit has a thousand people saying the same thing. Im entitled to my entitled opinion.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/9pbj1l/developer_stream_112_hallowed_blight_event/

Seems more like a few hundred than a thousand.
    Discounting some probably posted two or more comments as well.
    And then there's the other 40k people who either comment they're fine with it or don't give a crap so they say nothing.

I'm not changing your opinion, opinions are free to have.
    Just saying you and those "thousand" people still seem like a minority to me.

• Cebren

Skins over the years?... Don't include other skins from other games as loyalty to BHVR... Since the store has only been out for a few months now, not years.

I was referring to DLCs AND skins. I know when the shop opened LUL. You sound kinda mad that I have an opinion. Calm down white knight, your precious BHVR can handle themselves.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@Cebren said:

Thousands?... Nah... Just a handful.

A handful of people who fill in the blanks to suit themselves. A handful of people who think they are entitled to free ######### all the time.

I bought this... I bought that... So that means I get something for free.... Who said they ever had to give anything away for free?

The best things the devs could have done was... Never give away anything for free... Never!... Cause once you do... ######### heads come out of the woodwork thinking they should get more for free. They give an inch.. You try to take a mile.

Seriously. Figure it out.

• Cebren

@Boss said:

@Cebren said:

And then there's the other 40k people who either comment they're fine with it or don't give a crap so they say nothing.

Ok now you're just being silly. The entire thread is people upset over it. If you want to be specific go count each comment and get back to me. I know for damn sure its well over 100 lmao. Thats not the point. I am not the only one who thinks this is just a cash grab.

This is how it will go. The diehards will grind their item out the first 2 days, after that it will be terrible games with no gens getting done and survivors getting rekt while trying to farm serum. The next 2 weeks wont be fun, so much for OUR event.

• TheBean
    edited October 2018

@Cebren said:

Skins over the years?... Don't include other skins from other games as loyalty to BHVR... Since the store has only been out for a few months now, not years.

I was referring to DLCs AND skins. I know when the shop opened LUL. You sound kinda mad that I have an opinion. Calm down white knight, your precious BHVR can handle themselves.

I'm not mad you have your opinion. Your opinion though is full of entitled horseshit crybaby me me me #########.

When you try to bully someone don't expect others to push back on you.

• Cebren

@TheBean said:

@Cebren said:

A handful? Rofl its nothing but people disappointed. Stop being delusional and scroll down on the thread.

• Cebren

@TheBean said:
    I'm not mad you have your opinion. Your opinion though is full of entitled horseshit crybaby me me me #########.

To each their own little buddy. If you want to spend 60$ to get the remainder of the skins by all means be my guest. I for one wont support this cash grab disguised as an event. Take care, best of luck on your games! :)

• Boss

@TheBean said:

@Cebren said:

A handful of people who fill in the blanks to suit themselves. A handful of people who think they are entitled to free ######### all the time.

I bought this... I bought that... So that means I get something for free.... Who said they ever had to give anything away for free?

The best things the devs could have done was... Never give away anything for free... Never!... Cause once you do... ######### heads come out of the woodwork thinking they should get more for free. They give an inch.. You try to take a mile.

Seriously. Figure it out.

I'm suddenly reminded of the South Park episode where a very generous Kyle gives a homeless person a $20 bill, and the homeless person just asks if he has more.

• TheBean

@Cebren said:

A handful? Rofl its nothing but people disappointed. Stop being delusional and scroll down on the thread.

365s post that I see... 365!.... So are you saying that there is 365 separate individuals posting in that thread?.. Or is there a chance there is a person posting more then once in that thread? That one of those posters hasn't made another separate post on the sub reddit about it?.... That none of the people replying to any of the posts made in the thread haven't posted at all in that thread?

So you are saying..... 365.... Is 2000 + people upset about it?

• Boss

@Cebren said:

@Boss said:

@Cebren said:

Ok now you're just being silly. The entire thread is people upset over it. If you want to be specific go count each comment and get back to me. I know for damn sure its well over 100 lmao. Thats not the point. I am not the only one who thinks this is just a cash grab.

This is how it will go. The diehards will grind their item out the first 2 days, after that it will be terrible games with no gens getting done and survivors getting rekt while trying to farm serum. The next 2 weeks wont be fun, so much for OUR event.

I'm silly?
    You: "...a thousand people..."
    Also you: "...it's well over 100 lmao."
    Don't go pointing fingers.

The point is that you're not the only one who thinks it's a cash grab?
    Another point then is that i'm not the only who can appreciate a company giving something for a bit of playing instead of straight up money.

And suddenly you can predict the future.
    I had a blast in all past events except Howling Grounds.
    And i can only have a blast if there's many other people to join my lobbies.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

@Cebren said:

Why is it that the only people who have to use the statement, "I'm entitled to my opinion" are the people with really terrible/uneducated opinions?

• Cebren

Dont get mad over a differing opinion guys. Show your support! Go drop 60$ on Cells when the event drops. Put your money where your mouth is :)

• @Fibijean ok thanks, so I had it pretty much right. People are upset that such a small amount of the cosmetics are available to be earned by playing. I can see both sides but since this is BHVR we’re talking about and they have such stupid cosmetic prices I’m gonna side with the people upset about this.

Seems silly that they’d limit your nectar amount or whatever. 
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited October 2018

Well see, no one or very few people will leave, because... It's just cosmetics.

It's not like the game is being tipped off balance. The game being tipped balance wise, perks being ruined, killer buffs and nerfs etc... That is what will get people moving. Not some silly cosmetics.

They are just articles of clothing, in game. I see where you are coming from, and they should be specific to this event, similar to any other event.

But it really isn't that big a deal. They said they would be giving more options, to either grind it out for free, or if you want to show support, you may pay for it, no one is forcing anyone to pay for it, only if you want to.

And that really shows here, and I am pretty proud that they are keeping their word on this sort of thing. And for that I applaud them. But I do understand why you are upset, and while it would make sense that they keep it like other events. It really wouldn't benefit them.

Cool skins draw players in, and once players see "Event Only Skin" I am sure they feel pretty bummed, I know I did in some other games. Exact same experience. Wanted a cool skin, but it was from an event years ago. Which really bummed me out of the game. And these are some pretty damn cool skins. (Personally love the Wraith one)

That is all I have to say.

• Cebren

@Swiftblade131 said:

A mature and thoughtful response. Appreciate your thoughts. I guess for me it just comes down to this event in general being a huge let down on top of the paywall. They should have just put the skins in the store, because as it sits now the games will be chaos. It wont be a fun grind and once you get your outfit there will literally be no reason to continue. Gens wont get done. People will be suiciding to harvest serum while competing against other survivors.

A lot of us are upset because we thought this event was for us. A lot of us thought this was a way BHVR was going to show their gratitude for the years we supported them. But nope... In the end its a skin showcase

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited October 2018

@Cebren said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

A mature and thoughtful response. Appreciate your thoughts. I guess for me it just comes down to this event in general being a huge let down on top of the paywall. They should have just put the skins in the store, because as it sits now the games will be chaos. It wont be a fun grind and once you get your outfit there will literally be no reason to continue. Gens wont get done. People will be suiciding to harvest serum while competing against other survivors.

A lot of us are upset because we thought this event was for us. A lot of us thought this was a way BHVR was going to show their gratitude for the years we supported them. But nope... In the end its a skin showcase

And based off of past events it would be fair to assume how this event would go and we are left with what is is now. And it is disappointing.

I will admit, I hate events, never liked them. Lots of people play like jerks sometimes, plus they are timed, I don't have time to grind all day, but I do have a spare $10, which is why it is nice.

Would've been cool with it, if they made the really cool "Blight" cosmetics buy or grind Iridescent shards and keep permanently in store, then had minor cosmetics (Weapons, heads or shirts) for the event. That is how I think it should've gone.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    FFS
  • Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

@MisterCremaster said:
    For a mature rated game, there sure are a lot of toddler level fits thrown in this community.

Like paying real money for virtual cosmetics, for example.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    yet another whine thread. will you goobers give it a rest and go play some civ5 or something?
  • Cebren
    edited October 2018

Takes off glasses sees blurry image of BHVR

Puts on glasses sees clear image of EA

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

The concept is this...

They are just cosmetics. We don't have to buy them.

It is optional. They are even giving us 1 for free if we play the event a little bit.

That is the concept.

The reality is that the fanbase is very passionate, and love this game... and just expected more from their favorite game.

3/21 pieces that can be grinded in 2-3 days of playing is just shallow.

It just is. I'm right.

I do not want ALL the stuff to be free. I'll gladly pay for a outfit. 10 bucks for a cosmetic. Sure okay... steep, but alright. It's pretty awesome looking.

However... 3/21 is just killing me. It's so underwhelming.

• Cebren

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    The concept is this...

It is optional. They are even giving us 1 for free if we play the event a little bit.

That is the concept.

The reality is that the fanbase is very passionate, and love this game... and just expected more from their favorite game.

It just is. I'm right.

I do not want ALL the stuff to be free. I'll gladly pay for a outfit. 10 bucks for a cosmetic. Sure okay... steep, but alright. It's pretty awesome looking.

Wow someone actually gets it. I guess to the white knights BHVR can do no wrong.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443
    Yea i fully planned on buying cosmetics from the event. But not now. I won't support this kind of blatant cash grab marketing. 
  • rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475

Imagine being this OP.

• Yuki
    Yuki Member Posts: 59

@Cebren said:
    For weeks you guys hyped up this event, leading us to believe we could unlock all these cool skins as a token of YOUR appreciation for us, the fans. A lot of us have spent tons of money over the years on your DLC's and skins. But alas, at the last minute you guys make this a cash grab. Why cant you give back to the community? 1 set for what a lot of us consider the most important Holiday in DBD is a slap in the face. "Oh but its more than usual!" Well you would think your remaining loyal fan base would be worthy of such a gift of gratitude. I guess not.

I have bought every DLC with cash. I have spent more than id like to admit on skins over the years.. but this time it stings. This time I thought you were finally going to give back for our loyalty and passion for your game. Seems a lot of us were wrong.

Its crazy to me you would pull this right before Last Year and Hide or Die comes out. Why should we stick around after this is the thanks we get? Your incentive should be to keep your player base happy, because with a happy player base comes continued customers. I personally am done. I will grind for the 1 outfit and stop playing for the rest of the event. More than likely if Last Year is any good I wont be back. And dont be surprised to see the same with many others. All im seeing on every avenue of social media is how upset people are for what you guys have done.

When this player base is cut in half you will have nobody to blame but yourselves. A cash grab at the very last moment is shameful and in my opinion unforgivable.

Thanks for giving back to us the way we have given everything to you. This will be a day you regret.

True, you are right. At least if you could take them all when you play, not just one set and the rest of it buying. Is not nice!

• KoPGaMeR
    KoPGaMeR Member Posts: 6

Is it hard to say that they will be offered at the market when people assume it will be like another event? Worse part is they even didn't say that on twitch when explaining the event at the start? We found out that in the middle of the stream.

• TheBean

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    The concept is this...

That is the concept.

It just is. I'm right.

Yeah cause you only got 2 for the last ones... wow.. You get another one for free...

You know they didn't have to do anything right?

It is shallow for you to think you should be given stuff for free.

Are you the one that goes into a super market and stand there at one of the free samples and try to take them all?... They are free I guess.... So take them all right?...

I guess people shouldn't be expected to be paid for their hard work.

You paid 20 bucks for the base game, if that... Played it for how long?.... How much more are the Dev entitled to give to you?.. You've played the other events right?.. Gotten those free cosmetics aswell?.... How much free stuff have you gotten already? Couple free DLCs?... Even grindable DLCs?.... So you don't even have to pay for the non-licensed ones.

OH YEAH.... BUT THE CONCEPT IS.... THEY NEED TO KEEP GIVING YOU FREE ######### SO YOU'LL KEEP PLAYING!...

Forgot about that concept..... They need to keep giving everyone free stuff all the time inorder for people to keep playing....

REMEMBER: If you've been playing this game for over 2 years now, which some of you have.... REMEMBER ALL THE FREE ######### YOU'VE GOTTEN ALREADY... then ask how much more do they need to give you?

• TheBean
    edited October 2018

@Cebren said:

Wow someone actually gets it. I guess to the white knights BHVR can do no wrong.

I'd rather be one of the white knights on BHVR's side on this one... I don't want to be one of those whinny ######### who think they should keep getting stuff for free all the time.

TAKE TAKE TAKE TAKE.....