NOED doesn't work?

Yesterday, all day, I (a rank 16 killer) was constantly paired with Red Rank survivors.

After a while, I got sick of them just running literal and figurative circles around me, so I added NOED to my perks. Match goes relatively...okay. I manage to hook a survivor or two once or twice, but they still managed to catch me off guard and finish all 5 gens.

Obviously, Red Ranks again by the way they easily looped me, managed to almost always be ahead of me and sabotaging hooks right as i'm approaching them, etc.

So, NOED kicks in, but I was already carrying a survivor. I put them on hook and this Steve pops up from behind a wall attempting a rescue. A Ha, my NOED Totem is still lit up, my NOED Symbol is still active, I approach Steve as he approaches the hook, I hit....He safely unhooks my survivor, who now has Borrowed Time, and they both run off.

I manage to find a roaming, healthy, survivor, down them in one hit, carry them to a hook where Steve is trying to sabotage hook. I manage to down him too (still NOED), all is hunky dory. I hook my survivor, try to pick up Steve when Adam casually tried to unhook my survivor. I approach Adam, Totem and symbol still lit up, and....once again, nothing. He safely unhooks, the survivor once again gets BT and they're off. By now, Steve had been healed and they're off. Exit gates were 99%

All of a sudden, my totem just vanishes (no explosion sound) my indicator light goes off and lo and behold, NOED is completely gone at this point.

I know it wasn't gone before, because I made sure to look around and saw the lit up totem and symbol on my hud when I hit the Adam.

That was the moment I set my controller aside, said "######### it" and turned the game off for the rest of the night.

Also, yes, scoring at the end confirmed I was once again playing against red ranks

Comments

• JustHeretoHaveFun
    JustHeretoHaveFun Member Posts: 86

I've noticed a few. Occasionally I'm not notified when any loud noise happens, such as survivors vaulting (no Q&Q,) Totems cleansed, survivors unhooked, etc.

• Akhaten
    Akhaten Member Posts: 125

Seems like the "aim dressing" targeted the hooked survivor, not the unhooker so you hit the wrong survivor both times. Did you try to hit them coming from behind the unhooker or at an angle? i never had issues hitting the unhooker if i was right behind him but a lot of times i was screwed by the auto-aim if i was comming at a certain angle that made the hooked survivor be closer to me.

• Thanks for the comments so far, I will keep invincibility in mind from now on.

I seem to have mis-phrased some stuff. I actually hit, and injured, the Steve, but he didn't go down. The Adam, on the other hand, didn't get injured at all. That's why it threw me off the first time, seeing as the Steve DID get into his injured state and used the moment of me being in the "after hit animation" to unhook the survivor

The Adam was definitely unhooking as I hit them, meaning I might have hit the survivor, or during the slight invincibility

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited December 2020

Sounds like some classic Aim Dressing. Naturally you were swinging at the hooked survivor, weren't you? What's that? You weren't? Well, too bad, because it's not Autoaim, it's Aim Dressing! Totally different! Did not in any way force you to hit the hooked survivor! No siree/madamoiselle, that's not how it works! You clearly swung directly at the hooked survivor!

Disclaimer: Please ignore all evidence to the contrary and do not share any data you may have gathered. Spreading of such false news is punishable via death by basement camp. Also, I ate your lunch.

Edit: "Swung," not "swim." If you ever manage to swim in DbD, let me know.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

If you have a recording of that game, it might be worthwhile to submit a bug report.

If NOED was up, and you hit and injured Steve, the only thing that I know of that would stop him from going down would be Mettle of Man.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Mettle only works if you're Injured; if Steve was Healthy and didn't have the effect of a Stypic Agent or Borrowed Time, the Exposed hit should have downed him.