Which killer do you find underrated?

Elena
Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I'm interested to hear people's opinions on this question.

Comments

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521

Legion. Easily. I'm not great with explaining things, so I will direct people who disagree to Raging_Ryuga's 4.4.0 tier list, and hear his thoughts on Legion's strength.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

blight, people think this guy has potential but that doesn't even scratch the surface, I have probably a 100 4k win streak with blight right now (would be more but I let some cute survivors go that one time in the middle)

• knight_killer
    knight_killer Member Posts: 54

I really like clown, he has an incredible 1v1 and mindgame potential pressure can be made up with perks.

Demo is really underrated especially with his portal reading, I have never seen a demo use their portals to find people in a public game

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

As a Plague main, I feel like she's underrated as hell. I know her early game is weak, but that'll get better with practise. Her corrupt purge is just good as hell and even in purple ranks people still cleanse so you get free hits every chase lol.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897
    edited December 2020

Myers. Often I see people rate him low just because he starts in tier 1. I don't know what kind of super immersed teams these people do face but I never have trouble finding survivors and getting to tier 2 quickly.

Once Mikey gets going he has massive snowball potential. I consistently do well with him at red ranks. He is very versatile with builds, too.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Pig. She's got decent stealth and built in slowdown. The dash can help in a few loops as well. If used correctly her kit is really good. Imo she's a mid-high-ish tier killer as opposed to most thinking shes low-mid tier.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited December 2020

Plague. Sure she has a few hit detection bugs with her vomit, wherein you hit them with the vomit, see and hear the survivor react to it, and they don't actually get infected, but that's a minor enough peeve that's easily corrected compared to the benefits her power presents:

Firstly, Her base power gives her 1 shot downs on survivors who stay infected with a bonus benefit to her tracking since they become easier to hear and see, so chases with her often last half as long as they normally would with any other m1 killer.

Secondly, If they choose to cleanse, then they've just given her the best ranged attack in the game for a minute at a time that can be quickly chained for easy and fast downs against healthy survivors.

Finally, because she's the lowest picked killer in the game, Survivors often underestimate her or don't know how to play against her effectively, which allows any killer player who invests time into learning her to flat out dominate in most matches (even in red ranks).

Sure she could use a few minor tweaks/buffs/bug fixes, but overall she's a much more effective killer than most give her credit for. I get the impression that the majority of people who consider her a bad/low tier killer either don't know how to play her effectively, or have only gone up against players who don't know how to play her effectively.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Legion without a doubt.

That so many people put them as the worst is just mindboggling

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Legion, blight, and demo.

Legion can keep multiple survivors injured and do it quite easily.

Blight has great map traversal abilities and can use his power in certain loops. Very good if you can land your hits while moving fast.

Demo's shred ability isn't used correctly by most people, they tend to constantly hold it down and never really bait survivors using it. It is actually amazing once you learn how to use it in a chase properly.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited December 2020

Wraith. He's pretty weak with his basekit. But as soon as you throw good aaddons on him it's a completely different story

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Legion.

-Can locate the entire team easily

-Forces survivors to mend

-can easily injure survivors

The latter is especially important because the meta right now appears to be do gens

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483
    edited December 2020

Pig, mostly because of what @Lx_malice said above.

Also, I still believe Billy is a top-tier killer. He still has insanely good map pressure and with the right build, I find it difficult to not be in a chase with him: Whispers to find survivors early on, Sloppy Butcher to keep them injured longer, off of gens while they try to heal, and get some more value in a normal attack (because it's just not very effective to go for saw hits every time), BBQ so you know where to zoom off to after a hook, and hopefully land a surprise saw hit (happens somewhat often actually), and then I usually finish off my build with Tinkerer, which often allows me to get saw hits at very effective moments as well.

All in all, I think any killer can be effective in the right hands and that's what makes this game fun - being surprised by things like a god-tier trapper in 2020 lol

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

Hag, hands down. People give her sh*t for being a boring Killer cause she doesn't chase like every other Killer, but I honestly think Hag is the best Killer in the game rn. There's an insane amount of tech involved with her traps, really good players can teleport instantly resulting in a hit, and because she's not very popular no one has lots of experience against a Hag. Sure they know how to play against her, but good traps can end a chase before it starts.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,216

As someone who considers them to be my secondary main Killer and is able to do consistently well with them even into purple ranks (since I don't play competitively enough to go to red ranks), I have to say Legion.

Every time I see someone say that they're weak, I just remember the game where I hooked I had all four Survivors on their first hooks within seconds of each other before a single gen finished (they weren't even bad players) and the match where I ran a sub-optimal build and killed a legacy Nea and a clicky-clicky bunny Min with three gens left (and they could back up their cockiness).

They're difficult to play properly, but they're anything but weak (provided the game doesn't completely break them with an update).

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613
  • StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

I would agree with a few people here that Legion is underrated, but lets not mince words either. Underrated doesn't mean "SECRETLY AMAZING", it just means treated as being lower value than they actually are. In that way, Legion is a good fit for "underrated". Legion is by no means the weakest Killer, and is often discounted too harshly. That said, they aren't super strong either. Their strength comes from how the player adapts to Legions shortcomings, not so much the Killer design itself.

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

Pig and Legion,

Somehow a lot of people think these two killer are horrible and i have no idea why.

Pig- Lots of game slow, some ok stealth, and a meh damaging power. kinda like a jack of all trades master of none with gen slow being her more powerful of her powers which is really useful.

Legion- Can apply lots of pressure and slows the game down with mending, has great synergy with ruin and can snowball, also synergizes well with perks.

Somehow these are in the conversation with clown, wraith, and trapper and again idk why.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

wraith may be tied with trapper for weakest basekit in the game but with ghost and even a bone clapper i can be nearly unbeatable