Where does Doctor rank on the Killer tier list?

Hyd
Hyd Member Posts: 379

After dumping my 300k bp into my survivor last night, I realized it was getting late, and I didn't want to wait 10 minutes to get a match, so instead, I decided to play Killer, and chose a brand new one to play, The Doctor!

Having no BP left to invest, I went in with my 1 perk, Overcharge, and nothing else - no add-ons or offerings - and I won against a pair of rank 2's, a rank 4, and a rank 12 (I'm rank 14 so, great matchmaking as usual)), and won with 4 kills.

Now, it wasn't a slaughter or anything, they played decently well, finishing all but 1 gen. When I'd killed 3 survivors, things were silent for a while as I had trouble finding the 4th so, I figured they were likely waiting by the hatch wanting to taunt me before jumping in, but then they blew up a gen and the chase was on!

Anyway, I was just curious to know everyone's thoughts on Doctor and whether he's generally as easy to play with as my first game was, without a full perk loadout. Obviously, there are a myriad of factors to consider like maybe these higher ranks weren't sweating it out this game or whatever but, in general, how does Doctor rank?

Comments

• knight_killer
    knight_killer Member Posts: 54

Doctor is a solid B but he requires a lot of experience and knowledge on how both sides play. You have to predict the survivors prediction when you are going back and forth on a pallet and he shuts down shack very easily. Couple his skill check ability with overcharge and lullaby and gens won't get done.

• Hyd

Aye. I've played against a Doctor only 1 or 2 times I think and when the Madness starts to kick in, those skill checks that appear in random parts of the screen and go forwards AND backwards really screwed me up! I was laughing the whole time as it was totally unexpected, but yeah, what a pain to deal with! Definitely can put a stop to the gens...

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Doctor is extremely easy to play and provides a lot in his kit making him fairly viable against the vast majority of DBD players. His base kit contains:

- gen slowdown via madness tier 3.

- easiest and most reliable tracking in the game via static blast.

- easy anti loop via shocking.

- "crazy" skillchecks by default that may make the difference between survivors popping a gen in your face or blowing up the gen.

- passive tracking via Doctor illusions.

As a result he tends to stomp a lot of players - particularly those that play immersed and mediocre loopers.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

I'm a Doctor main and he's efficient at one of the hardest aspects of DBD: finding survivors and making their life difficult even when not in a chase

I run following set for Doctor, but he is pretty adaptable (impossible skill check, gen hostage, even injured sets)

Whispers (no static blast wasted)

Distressing (huge TR to hit everything with Static Blast) and difficult skill checks, along wit 100% BP in deviousness

Overcharge (more failed skill checks on top of madness and Distressing)

Thrilling Tremors (static blast and then pick up survivor to lock out gens)

Impossible skill checks build can be Whispers, Distressing, Overcharge, Lullaby.

Toxic Gen Hostage can be Ruin, Thrilling Tremors, Overcharge, Whispers/Distressing.

He's a great killer imo and is fun. My 2 y/o saw him play and he said , "more laughing please!"

• Hyd

Thank you for the tips on loadouts!

I think the laughing in itself is a bit of a passive perk because if you're playing against people who take this game too seriously and let their emotions drive them, having a Killer that is constantly laughing will definitely trigger some folks and increase the likelihood that they make mistakes. It's basically a taunt and people can start to fume over that hehe.

• Boddy604
    Boddy604 Member Posts: 183

Doctor is my fave killer. I play a few but mostly him and ph.

My tip would be get Whispers 3 on him asap. If whispers is active, your aoe will hit everytime. Plus it's so good on him once last gen is done.

Overcharge is nice but I'd couple it with another gen perk cuz the better survivors dont miss that skill check nearly as much. I personally prefer ruin (who doesn't) because he keeps so much continuous pressure that it's normal for me to have 2 kills before they find it.

My Dr build is Whispers, Ruin, Discordance, and BBQ and I find it really effective.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,380

Have you considered messing with Oppression? Good chance when you kick a gen other survivors working on gens get a T2 Overcharge skillcheck.

I find the Oppression skillcheck is harder to prepare for, because it's unlikely you'll know when the killer is kicking a gen whereas with Overcharge once you experience it once it's easier to be ready for in the future.

• Hyd
    edited December 2020

Hmmm... Oppression vs Overcharge:

Hard to choose!

Edit:

Or, Oppression AND Overcharge?? *evil laugh* 😝

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

Oppression causes a difficult skill check upon time of activation while Overcharge is a waiting time bomb. Overcharge gives the more difficult skill check while Oppression may have more immediate results (and has a cool down).

I'm almost done leveling up twins (28 or something) so I'm hoping to try a new set with Oppression Doctor.

Whispers/Overcharge/Oppression. As for the 4th perk I'm still thinking about it. Thrilling Tremors and Oppression have good synergy, but then again Distressing causes hard skill checks across the board.

Oh and I thought of another fun doctor set btw.

Distressing/Tinkerer/Dark Devotion combo messes up and confuses people on your TR. Distressing gives you a huge TR, but then Tinkerer makes you undetectable. Then DD lets you pass your TR to Obsession and then run away, activate Static Blast and then the whole map lights up since you have two huge TR hitting with Static Blast.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Kinda strong. Very easy to play. Good at finding survivors so a decent killer for players starting out. Anti-loop is nothing special without add-ons but with add-ons it's incredibly stupid.

Doctor's a very B-Tier killer. His rework definitely made him better and easier to play, but I lost the urge to play him much after the rework because of that reason.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Overcharge/Oppression sounds interesting have to try that.

Doctor is mid tier I would say.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

He’s solid and has some good utility in his kit. Not the best killer in the game but good. His add ons are all excellent, he has some fun builds since his power synergises well with certain niche perks, and he feels pretty good to play (except for when you shock someone, they scream and then vault - that’s kind of frustrating but I think it’s a latency thing). You’ll be able to beat most teams when you play him if you play him well.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476
    edited December 2020

against decent solo survivors he is around a B tier which is enough to win almost all average games, against great solo survivors he manages maybe a low B tier high C due to them not falling for the tricks most survivors might fall for, A team of great survivors you stand no chance against as doctor due to both not falling for mindgames that get a hit with shock therapy and being coordinated

• Greatamygdala
    Greatamygdala Member Posts: 292

Definite B.

He's more of a character that gives more objectives to survivor so that synergizes well with a lot of perks for some interesting builds. His power at basic is kind of meh when Survivors knows how to play around with it and is aware that you can just smash space on actions so despite getting shocked their survivor still vaults away. You need add ons to lengthen your shock theraphy otherwise shack is still strong as ever.

• Hyd

100% agree there. I played a pretty good group (a definite mis-match as far as ranks go) the other night and quickly learned I could not beat them on shack. They'd run across the map for it it seemed and I had to pull off every time. Only killed 1. Would have had two but they lined up like penguins to bodyblock me from the injured survivor on the way to the gate. lol, was hilarious to watch this literally fall right into line in front of me.

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521

On paper, easy A tier. His ability to keep survivors away from gens even if he has to drop chase is nice, his afflictions are good utility, and he has one of the best anti-chase powers in the game.

In practice, probably low B. He gets screwed over by dedicated servers too much.