Freddy's getting tweaks B)

2»

Comments

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

If the Freddy has Pop or run/undying one weak chaser will completely kill the match for the team, at least in my experience. I threw on repressed alliance and ruin/undying purely because I was getting small PP build freddies one after another.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,236

One of the biggest mysteries to me is how people struggle so much against Freddy. He's legitimately carried by Ruin/Undying. Maybe an add on pass, but that's it.

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

Just gonna swap to stridor nurse like tf

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I'm a little disappointed. I think it's nice to do well with a killer without needing to be an expert with them. Freddy is the killer I would use to complete simple perk challenges.

I hope it's just something simple to stop snare spamming.

• modernhighlander
    modernhighlander Member Posts: 27

I've played 3 games with Freddy in the past day, and I've gotten 4 iridescent medals each time.

I have no problem adapting to a reworked Freddy. I don't understand why he's getting looked at over Spirit, but kudos i guess.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Oh look..bait

• getuy45u4iu
    getuy45u4iu Member Posts: 93

I think it would be better if strong Freddy players were matched with stronger survivors. Given that better matchmaking is going to be implemented, then killers playing Freddy will have to face strong survivors, and it looks it would be balanced fine then. I don't believe that even strong swf teams or very experienced solos are having many problems countering Freddy's powers. People say that Freddy is braindead, but it's not always like that. Killer player needs to predict where to teleport (and waste much time in case he teleports to a wrong gen), needs to know how to position snares properly, and survivors can wake each other up.

But anyways, it seems the decision is already made and this killer will be changed. Hopefully, the changes will not only make him weaker, but also he will remain as viable to killer players as he is now.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I wouldn't mind going against Freddy so much if they weren't generally such meta-slaves. Paintbrush, swing chains, or other slowdown add-ons, ruin undying tinkerer and an exciting 4th perk selected from a very limited list. Possibly an ebony as well because that default meg gave you a dirty look in the lobby. And let the esports commence

• gibblywibblywoo

It feels like most freddies are just drawn to completely unnecessary slowdown because of his add ons. I still dont entirely understand why hes the only killer who still has add ons that affect gen speeds.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

It's about time he is getting looked at. Way too much in one killer!

• the_new
    the_new Member Posts: 175
    edited December 2020

the nerf is probably just extra time on the gen teleport also I dont think you want freddy to be nerfed because if he is nerfed then you going to see a lot more nurses and spirits

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521

I don't think Freddy is too big of an issue IMO. He's strong, yes. He's easy, most definitely. However, He's really not in the need for changes. I think many other killers need changes more, like Clown, Wraith, Demo, Trapper, Legion (not a rework. Reverting some nerfs), Pig. Freddy is pretty low on the priority list.

I disagree with the Spirit thing. I personally believe that the only change Spirit needs is to remove her synergy with Stridor and make footsteps a constant while in Yamaoka's Haunting, but make it a bit more subtle. Other than that, she's perfect.

• gibblywibblywoo

Personally I think passive sleeping should go. Freddy currently gets rewarded for doing nothing while survivors are actively punished for trying to avoid it. It also picks the farthest possible alarm clock ensuring that you waste any time you might've saved. It's a bizarre design decision. I also think he should slow more when placing snares as they are infinite and easily spammable, aswell as literally being stronger than Clowns limited use projectile version.

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613

lol i love people crying about him needing nerfs yet he is a tier

• lazerlight
    lazerlight Member Posts: 353

holy poop yall really went off huh. 🤭

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

Yikes, what did that man do to you? That's two unnecessary aggressive comments made for no other reason than just simply having a different opinion than you.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    edited December 2020

Aside from not fixing Nurse bugs, from nerfing her, adding a Cooldown bar no one asked for...the guy is asking for more Nurse nerfs.

It's pretty offensive.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

Good, he just has too much going for him. Fine tune one thing and remove another. Stuff like microsleep is absolutely unnecessary. Maybe putting a limit to his snares would be nice too. But I want him to stay powerful. Powerful but not a guaranteed win against solos (if the Freddy isn't some boosted idiot).

• Zeon_99

Literally every killer in the game has bugs, so that's hardly worth bringing up lmao. Its not deep enough to legitimately attack this man for no reason.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,227

I just hope they bring old Freddy back in some way

(yes this is the obligatory Old Freddy comment on every Freddy thread)

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379

Only been playing a little over a month now and Nurse was my first Killer I started with. She was a slight struggle to get used to for a few games but it didn't take nearly as long to become proficient with her as many here claim. I had to move on to another Killer pretty quickly because the games felt far too easy to win, even with a completely non-meta perk loadout.

• lazerlight

"Freddy is overly rewarded for little to no effort." Dont be afraid to say it. That is a fact, you don't have to protect yourself from those who disagree by saying it's your opinion. Freddy stans refuse to admit that what you said is factual.

You can stand still for the whole match and still max out in deviousness if the survivors keep waking each other up. No movement speed reduction when placing traps or teleporting, no power cancelling cooldown before you can M1. Teleporting charges back up ludicrously fast. If you 99% the teleport but cancel, just wait a couple seconds and the bar is filled back up for you to teleport again. Clocks are automatically the farthest ones, waking eachother up will take longer the more times you do it....

he has no penalty for using his power incorrectly. In fact, theres no incorrect way to use his power cuz it does everything for him.

• PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435

Seems like a waste of time ngl. Freddy is good, but it's just that, good. So far the only thing I've seen people say is "I see Freddy all the time and it's Boooooring"

And? I face Myers all the time and I find him to be boring as #########, but he sure as hell doesn't need a nerf. Plus the only thing the devs are going to do is make Freddy feel sluggish and call that a nerf.

The devs could nerf spirit, or buff other killers, add new game mechanics, fix mori's and keys, but yeah no it's Freddy that needs the hammer

• Zeon_99

"Just because you don't see him at Rank 17" "You're a fake Nurse player, you're a fake killer main. Stop disguising yourself as a "Nurse Main" to try and get her nerfed."

Yeah I'd say that's verbally attacking someone. Went 0 to 100 over an opposite opinion over the killer you main lmao

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
  • Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited December 2020

As someone who is more or less a Freddy main these days when playing killer, I don't think it's surprising that there are nerfs inbound. He does everything a killer needs to do really well, all in his base kit without any help from add-ons or perks:

• He has excellent global map pressure with his teleport, which is on a relatively short cooldown for how effective it is.
    • He finds people quickly and consistently due to his ability to spam his snares at key locations. You fire and forget, and survivors' locations just get revealed to you constantly throughout the match.
    • His traps also allow him to completely shut down loops with minimal effort and close gaps very quickly in chases.
    • His power set revolves around slowing down the match and inconveniencing survivors.
    • He lacks a "normal" terror radius, which helps him catch survivors off-guard and has all sorts of implications for stuff like Borrowed Time, etc.

The most key thing about Freddy that makes this stuff absolutely overwhelming -- even for really good groups of survivors -- is that his skill floor is extremely low. Freddy does not have the finicky hard-read acclimation that killers like Nurse and Spirit demand; you don't have to work very hard, or even have an especially sharp game sense, to do well with him. You spam traps indiscriminately, teleport to gens, do some easy teleport fake-outs, and just generally never stop pressuring survivors. Pick some good perks that synergize well with Freddy's power set (like BBQ or Pop or Discordance), and myriad add-ons that make survivors' lives even harder, and he is just an unstoppable force.

My money is on a longer teleport cooldown (when Freddy uses or cancels it), to force more careful consideration of how and when to use it, so that he can't just constantly be everywhere at once. Maybe the blood snare inventory drops by a couple traps.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Agreed about Freddy. Old Freddy was focused. Current Freddy is a mish mash of obvious indecision as evidenced by add ons that completely change his power.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

You do realize that nurse already was nerfed to take more skill right? They can't make her less powerful without completely doing away with her power. I highly doubt my Sally Slugson will ever be touched again.

• hillbillyclaudmain69

Lmao you aren't a nurse main if you're asking for nerfs to her. If you actually mained her you'd know that she is a balanced killer.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438
    edited December 2020

I'm a nurse main...

• Uncloak attacks: 1,620
    • Chainsaw hits: 412
    • Blink attacks: 2,873
    • Phantasms triggered: 839
    • Evil Within tier ups: 151
    • Shocks: 2,768
    • Hatchets thrown: 2,766
    • Dream state: 1,272
    • Reverse bear traps placed: 514
    • Cages of atonement: 117
    • Lethal Rush hits: 489

Used to play huntress a lot before i unlocked a bunch of DLC. And doctor was my BP farming character before i had all the perks unlocked on every killer. You can see i also dabble in wraith (usually troll builds).

I probably play nurse in ~20-25% of my games, although with the new killer out i'm binging that (even though they are bad)

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Personally I think Freddy is fine, however if we apply every gen regression perk to him and his double add-ons, he gets pretty boring to go against. I get it, the red rank gen rushers, but you need to think that not everyone is a gen rusher and those of us who are not, end paying with 2 mins on a single gen due to other survivor mistakes. I might say he needs some sort of buff to snares and dream pallets even. So the only progression is gen progression penalty and not itself, I mean, if we do use both add-ons then that's fine, now if we combine both add-ons with Thanatophobia, Dying light, and/or sloppy butcher, then it becomes a real pain to deal with. I get it, survivors with meta perks are also.

• hillbillyclaudmain69

Um,what exactly is this? Is this some PC exclusive #########? I wouldn't know, I'm on ps4 and have never even TOUCHED a PC. Maybe on PC nurse needs a nerf, but on ps4 she's completely balanced since it takes more skill to play her on console than PC. (No offense, but console players have WAY more issues with the game, making nurse far more difficult than she ever will be on PC.) Nurse does not need any nerfs, right now she is balanced. And because she's difficult, no one ever plays her. Be honest, how many times have you been absolutely ######### on by a nurse? Your answer will be almost never, because most people play her once, get ######### on, and never touch her again. The only people who destroy with nurse are the people who put in thousands of hours playing her, and are more experienced than most people. That being said, saying that nurse is too powerful is like saying that skill doesn't matter at all. If you get ######### on by a good nurse, she was better than you and EARNED it. Calling her unbalanced just because she's powerful isn't even a valid argument, because that's like saying that survivor needs a huge nerf, because rank 1 survivor mains can easily destroy a rank 20 killer on their first game. If you go down to a nurse, you got outplayed, and you have no right to complain. Nurse is not too powerful, she just has the most potential out of every killer, and therefore she doesn't need nerfs.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617

75% killrate is just too much man. I know that these stats are to be taken with a grain of salt and that they aren't... linear. That there are a lot of things to be taken into consideration. But you can't just ignore the numbers.

It's not like what happens with Pig, who has high killrates because she has her own cult of Pig mains who slaughter you on sight because they have mastered her power to no end. Or like what happens with Nurse, that has the lowest killrate despite being the strongest killer in the game when in the right hands, precisely because she is hard to play and buggy as hell so most players who pick her up struggle for a long time.

There is literally no reason for Freddy having a 75% killrate. Not even Spirit, another strong, easier to play than Nurse killer, has that high of a killrate! It's not like there are 10 Freddy mains in the world who keep his killrate high because no one else plays as him. Around 25% of my trials, I am matched against Freddy. It's by far the most popular killer in Brazilian servers, along with Spirit. Some nights almost half my survivor matches involve Freddy. There are people playing as him. 75% is just too much in a game that is (allegedly) balanced at 50%. There's no way around that number, unreliable as the stats may be sometimes.

• lazerlight

im guessing you're triggered too since you called this a cringy topic 🤭

• lazerlight

good! that way they can get the precious stats they need in order to nerf THEM as well <3 The three of them need nerfs/counterability.

• lazerlight

dfgsdgfsdgf THE DEFAULT MEG 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• lazerlight

all three of them need nerfs. at least with nurse you need a brain and Spirit has a decent power cooldown.

I hate the three of them, but Freddy is the most annoying. Hand over the controller/mouse+keyboard to an 8 y/o and they'll be able to apply pressure.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Thank god. Hopefully his base kit won't be so overtuned.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
  • Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

That's a terrible comparison. An 8 year old is probably number 1 on the Fortnite leaderboards.

• the_new
    the_new Member Posts: 175

well nurse wont be nerfed then since her kill per game is lower then 2 so in your theory she will be buffed

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

Not gonna lie, Nurse is soooooo overrated.

• eiredrake
    eiredrake Member Posts: 98

I'm sorry you suck so bad.

Wait no I'm not.

No running in the hallways.