Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Solution to The Twins Slugging Problem

My idea is simple: Have Charlotte follow Victor passively when she is not being used. Why I think this would work?

When chasing a survivor with the twins, you will mostly likely use Victor, since he is much faster. However, after downing a survivor with him, you have to go back to Charlotte, walk all the way to where the dying survivor is, pick him up and finally hook them. This process take a lot of time which is terrible in a game that needs you to be time efficient. So instead of hooking the dying survivor, people decided that it was best to go on a hit spree with Victor to maintain pressure and possibly slug their way into victory.

My idea is to have Charlotte passively follow Victor so that the distance between the main killer and the down is not that big. She doesn't have to have a normal speed when doing that, neither try to get so close that it bacomes a hinder. All that she would do is nurse speed until she gets in area of approximately 8 meters of Victor.

Other things to clear out: I don't think that this would kill The Twins map monitoring capability since the one used to guard a certain spot is Victor not Charlotte. Also, having Charlotte always close to Victor in a chase would mean that, if Victor gets crushed it wouldn't mean losing the chase since you could continue it as Charlotte making the pounce less risky and promoting bold plays.

Comments

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521

I think at that point you might as well just delete the Twins and replace them with Chucky.

• JayByDaylight
    JayByDaylight Member Posts: 9

There a great add-on to the game

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    edited December 2020

I wish we’d stop behaving like slugging is this big problem. It’s an intentional part of the game. If the killer chooses to slug instead of hook to create pressure, that’s their prerogative.

It should be hugely apparent at this point, with how easily Victor can down injured survivors, that it should be prioritised to heal wherever possible.

• If the killer deliberately decides to slug because it is their playstyle I have nothing against it. My problem with the Twins is that they are basically forced to slug because they are so slow to go for 12 hooks. My suggestion doesn't make slug unviable for them but instead gives them a small buff so they can have other strats.

• Gore_Nargai
    Gore_Nargai Member Posts: 77

U basically want to delete the twins hahaha.

I think a good nerf to change how people play the twins, would be to allow survivors to help each other removing Victor out of their backs.

• 1nsignia
    1nsignia Member Posts: 306
    edited December 2020

To be fair I have been seeing a lot of injured survivors around me after I hook someone. If I see them injured and the rest are aswell. Out comes victor. And for the slugging. I don't see any survivors going to actually help the slugged person. Instead they hide. Also a note I picked up and learnt as survivor.

Stalk victor from a distance. He is literally vulnerable the second they go to Charlotte. And normally when people let victor out it's cause the survivor is at a distance or there are multiple in the same area Injured.

Back on topic.

I originally thought of this seeing them in the ptb. And as weak as they were then to counter the locker counter. But nah I think it's all good. Just enhance the radius for Charlotte to leave the hook area to use her power.

Post edited by 1nsignia on
  • Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

Now I'm just imagining the beautiful bugs an autonomous walking Charlotte could cause.

Ideas for possible bugs:

1. Major pathing issues. Getting stuck on walls, rocks, hooks, etc.

2. Other pathing issues. Long detours, going the wrong way, walking in circles. Maybe Charlotte's just taking the scenic route.

3. Survivors bugging her pathing by nudging her around, dropping pallets in her way or other ways.

4. Getting lost. Who knows if Charlotte just glitches through the ground or through a wall and walks off into the sunset. Maybe she'll even get stuck in glitched spots like inside a wall or somehow gets stuck ontop a pallet.

5. AI takes over. The player might not be able to regain control of Charlotte.

6. ??? Who knows what else...

• Punisher2001
    Punisher2001 Member Posts: 49

Victor should be able to shoot charlotte out of a sort of rocket launcher, and then Charlie should be able to hone in on survivors from the air like a drone, which places the survivor immediately on a hook. It's not fair that I have to go physically pick up the survivor after downing them with a quick 10 inch tall gremlin

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

No.

If one Twin is going to follow the other around, why even make them two separate Killers in the first place?

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

Survivors bothering to heal is the solution. Seriously, Victor can only down injured players. Heal. Bam. Done. This slugging complaint is ridiculous. Leatherface, Oni, and any ohko Killer is far more of a slugger than the Twins.

• DarK_SharK
    DarK_SharK Member Posts: 33

i feel like there should be a limit on how long you can use victor for like doctors shock attack or leatherfaces chainsaw move as people just run around with victor and just destroy also that midget can jump pallets what is this ######### and hiding in lockers doesn't work its a damn demon baby and someone u get hurt in a locker fix your ######### behaviour

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Would like to see an option where Charlotte and Victor can swap places. Make it a decent 45 second cooldown but the idea is.

1. Down survivor with Victor
    2. Swap locations using this button
    3. Charlotte hooks survivor
    4. Victor is now far away from the hook so he can't camp.