How would you buff Fire Up?

AhoyWolf
AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,067

I don't think this perk is terrible, I actually run it on some Killers for fun with Brutal Strength.

The problem with this perk is it doesn't do much at all for high risk, trading Generators for tiny power boost isn't worth it, so how would you buff it?

Comments

• Cerebral_Harlot
    Cerebral_Harlot Member Posts: 280

Have it trigger on stuns or blinds like nemesis instead of with each generator.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Don't forget the vault speed buff. That really catches good survivors off guard, and with my proposed buff, it would be faster than bamboozle

• AhoyWolf

Now imagine combining it with Bamboozle, Legion would probably vault at the same speed as Survivors.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Oh the vault and break speeds are a given. My point was that most players only consider the break and vault speed increases, and aren’t probably noticing or considering that they’re probably making small plays with the increased speeds to grab, pick up, drop that they otherwise couldn’t have made.

There have been tonnes of times 2 survivors have rushed a hook at endgame, i’ve grabbed one going for the save, and before the other can do the unhook I’ve dropped who I just grabbed, and then grabbed THEM as well. All thanks to Fire Up.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I don't think it's needed, tbh. I think it's a great feel-good perk, although I think it should max out with the same % at 3/4 tokens, so that it doesn't feel like a perk you need to let yourself lose in order to make it work.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

They should add more effects to it like successful attack cooldown and missed cooldown to the effects of gaining tokens and it should increase Movement speed by 1% for each token.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

After 600 seconds all remaining survivors bursts into flames and dies.

• RaingerPlaysDBD
    RaingerPlaysDBD Member Posts: 27

They could also take the perk in another direction,

You could start with a drastic buff that gets smaller and smaller as the Gens complete. Say 40% when all Gens are up. It would encourage early game chase, but then tone down the power of the perk as more Gens are complete in order to give the Chance for Survivors to catch their breath. (All Gens Complete... the Buff goes all the way down to 14-10%).

• TheClownIsKing

This has been discussed before. 1% per token to movement speed would be too strong, especially if stacked with PWYF, NOED, Devour Hope, or just simple Bloodlust.

If it were to affect movement speed it would need to be something like 0.2% or 0.3% per token.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

I don’t think so cause you would have to sacrifice the game just to get the speed boost plus Noed would just force the survivors to leave and not get any kills.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Gain 2% speed (towards the same actions that it has now) for every dull totem remaining every time a gen is completed. Stacks. So basically if you have 5 totems remaining by the time 5th get pops you'll perform all those actions 50% faster

• Lambda
    Lambda Member Posts: 105

Imagine that at 5 gens with Brutal Strength and Bamboozle, it would be a Hyper Speed build and that'd honestly be a lot of fun.

• TheClownIsKing

This was from the devs themselves.

Even If Fire Up was used just on its own, a permanent movement speed increase of 1% per token is just too strong.

There’s a very very good reason perks like PWYF have very strict conditions on their movement speed increase, and how easily it can be lost.

• AhoyWolf

Exactly, movement speed perks are very strong and have the power to make the game very unbalanced, even if it is 1%, that's why there are only like 3 of them with strict restrictions.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Either just a small number boost, or add another effect. Maybe also have it reduce missed cooldowns/hit cooldowns or Stuns

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I would increase the numbers but give it diminishing returns, so that after 1 or 2 gens it's actually useful, but the difference between 4 and 5 are pretty much unnoticeable.

• TheClownIsKing

Another way of looking at it is 1% per token would mean at 3 or 4 tokens a killer is pretty close to having BL tier 1 permanently. That would be pretty broken.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Yo, have it work on the cooldown of successful attacks. 🤣

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Experiment with +1% movement speed per generator completed if they want it to be truly scary and late game. Losing generators is super #########, so a nice plus side to an otherwise garbage perk would be appreciated. Movement is the most valuable thing in the game for killer, so getting faster as the game nears completion is not out of the question.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Probably have it to trigger on everything (like spine chill for survivors). Could turn out pretty interesting.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

Increase the % buff for the first few gens, but lower the % buff on the last few gens. for example:

• First gen completed = +7.5% action speeds
    • Second gen completed = + 5% action speeds.
    • Third gen completed = + 3.5% action speeds.
    • Fourth gen completed = +2.5% action speeds.
    • Fifth gen completed = +1.5% action speeds.

Also make it work on hooking and kicking breakable walls.

• AhoyWolf
  • BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

Oh wow I didn't notice that. I used Fire Up a while ago and it wasn't working with breakable walls so it must've been changed recently.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

My idea was to reverse the way it works. Instead of gaining percent how about you start with it instead.

Start with 25% increase but decrease it by 5% for every gen that is done. Means you can use it to destroy a lot of pallets early.

• AhoyWolf
    edited December 2020

Maybe it actually doesn't work, I need to test that, it doesn't state in it's description that it increases the wall breaking speed.

EDIT: On the wiki it states that it does break Walls faster, I'm kinda confused, I really need to test that.

• TheClownIsKing

It does work on those two things. Whether kicking a gen, pallet, or breakable wall, Fire Up speeds that up.

It also increases the hooking speed.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,289
    edited December 2020

Fire Up only exist so that killer can pick up a survivor quickly to activate Blood Warden. The other bonuses are only padding because of how bad the perk is. The concept itself is great but it has a problem that you can only proc this perk 5 times with how it's designed. Therefore the value is a boring static number and by the time the numbers come into play the game is already over. However you cannot buff it too much because then the perk becomes too strong early on.

To clarify on buffing the perk too much for early game. Two generators usually pop very early on into the game and if the values were set too high you'd have an over buffed Fire Up early game. However in its current state it barely does anything until later on in the game and by the time it's noticeable most of the pallets are gone. The main issue I see here is the pallets being a part of this perk and I'll have two controversial suggestions based on that.

In my view the values need to be cranked up for this perk to be worth taking and the way you gain tokens needs to be changed so that this game isn't dictated on how well the survivors are doing but instead become more of a strategic perk for the killer to take.

My suggestions

• Have a value for the Break Function (Pallets / Generators) and have a value for everything else (Vaulting, Picking Up, Dropping, Searching Lockers)
    • Have the value be based off of something that isn't generators being completed.

Separating the values for the Break Function and everything else gives more control over the perk and it could be made worth while by adjusting certain values just right.

Currently the buff is

• For each Generator completed, gain a stack-able 3/3.5/4 % buff to Picking-up, Dropping, Pallet breaking, Breakable-Wall breaking, Generator damaging, and Vaulting speeds for the remainder of the Trial.

What I would do is

• For each Generator completed, gain a stack-able # / # / # buff to Damaging Generators, Breakable-Wall breaking and Breaking Pallets and gain a # / # / # buff to Picking Up, Dropping, Searching Lockers and Vaulting speeds for the remainder of the trial.

I'd likely simplify the wording as well.

• For each Generator completed, gain a stack-able # / # / # buff to Damaging Generators, Breakable-Wall breaking and Breaking Pallets and gain a # / # / # buff to ALL other action speeds for the remainder of the trial.

Alternatively I'd make the perk either gain tokens for either hits on survivors or hooks on survivors and scale the perk based on that.