The BP disparity is insane

Options
brokedownpalace
brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
edited October 2018 in General Discussions
Killers regularly getting 50k+ and the most I've seen any survivor get is 26k. Usually it's 15-20k lol.

I understand killers don't need any secondary objectives but they could have made survivors be able to get a decent amount of BP.

Edit: I'm ONLY referring to event BP gain.
Post edited by brokedownpalace on

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    Options

Killers lose add ons at the end of every match unless they have the offering. Killers need more. The problem is Killers like to cry about it even though they are compensated.

Sure that's understandable on a regular basis, but events should be different.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@brokedownpalace said:
    Killers regularly getting 50k+ and the most I've seen any survivor get is 26k. Usually it's 15-20k lol.

I understand killers don't need any secondary objectives but they could have made survivors be able to get a decent amount of BP.

Survivors keep their stuff, killers lose their stuff.

• Fishcat
    Fishcat Member Posts: 74
    Options
    Yes its number one bullshit
  • brokedownpalace
    Options
    @DeadByFlashlight

Completely irrelevant to the event. Please keep up.
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    edited October 2018
    Options

@brokedownpalace said:
    @DeadByFlashlight 

My complaint about the event is that you can't fill more than 1 vial. You go into a match with 99% vial? You only get 1% towards blood points and can't harvest more. It's seriously stupid. When they were generators, you could always do a generator if all 5 were not done. So if you sought out a BBQ generator, you could use it no matter what. This needs to change with this event. Even still you should be able to fill more than 1 vial at a time.

The blood point disparity is about the same as the usual.

If survivors can't harvest with a full vial, then killers shouldn't be able to hook with a full vial. Also, every survivor should be able to get a full use of the plants. That would definitely address the disparity.

• brokedownpalace
    Options

@brokedownpalace said:
    @DeadByFlashlight 

My complaint about the event is that you can't fill more than 1 vial. You go into a match with 99% vial? You only get 1% towards blood points and can't harvest more. It's seriously stupid. When they were generators, you could always do a generator if all 5 were not done. So if you sought out a BBQ generator, you could use it no matter what. This needs to change with this event. Even still you should be able to fill more than 1 vial at a time.

If survivors can't harvest with a full vial, then killers shouldn't be able to hook with a full vial. Also, every survivor should be able to get a full use of the plants. That would definitely address the disparity.

It sucks going into a match when you have 2 thirds or more of your vial filled because it's pretty much a waste.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@brokedownpalace said:
    @DeadByFlashlight 

Uhm what?
    That holds during the event too

• brokedownpalace
    Options

@brokedownpalace said:
    @DeadByFlashlight 

Uhm what?

I'm talking about specifically the event related point gain, which has nothing to do with the fact that killers get more BP under regular circumstances. Even if the event point gain was the same or similar for both, killers would still get more like they usually do.
  • purebalance
    Options

@brokedownpalace said:
    purebalance said:

@brokedownpalace said:

@DeadByFlashlight 

It sucks going into a match when you have 2 thirds or more of your vial filled because it's pretty much a waste.

Exactly. I would be ok if you could even just harvest without filling and still get the BP, but you can't. Could you imagine the uproar if killers couldn't hook on a hook if they were full?

• purebalance
    edited October 2018
    Options

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@brokedownpalace said:
    @DeadByFlashlight 

Uhm what?

He's saying you can literally get like 100 bp bonus as a survivor because you can't get anymore once your vial is full. A killer can hook on an event hook and get the BP even if he's full. Much less 1 killer 2 hooks guaranteed BP if you gets them. 4 survivors 2 plants.

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245
    Options

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@brokedownpalace said:

Survivors need to appreciate what this means. Every time a killer decides to use add-ons and an offering (silly not to) they are essentially spending the cost of those addons on the match. So, every match a killer can spend anywhere between 0-21k in BPs on add-ons and an offering. We don't get those back. I'd say the average BP spent per match for a killer is 15k.

Another thing, y'all survivors don't only get to keep items, but you guys can get items from within the level and leave with em! Got a purple tool kit within the trial and left with it? thats 6k BP gained.

• brokedownpalace
    Options
    apropos said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@brokedownpalace said:

Survivors need to appreciate what this means. Every time a killer decides to use add-ons and an offering (silly not to) they are essentially spending the cost of those addons on the match. So, every match a killer can spend anywhere between 0-21k in BPs on add-ons and an offering. We don't get those back. I'd say the average BP spent per match for a killer is 15k.

Another thing, y'all survivors don't only get to keep items, but you guys can get items from within the level and leave with em! Got a purple tool kit within the trial and left with it? thats 6k BP gained.

I repeat: this has nothing to do specifically with the EVENT POINT GAIN. If the both survivor and killer gained event points at the same or similar rates, killers would still get more because of their usual BP advantage.
  • apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245
    Options

@brokedownpalace said:
    I repeat: this has nothing to do specifically with the EVENT POINT GAIN. If the both survivor and killer gained event points at the same or similar rates, killers would still get more because of their usual BP advantage.

People might be misunderstanding you because of your pronoun usage... it took me a while to understand what you mean by 'this'. Assuming I understand your position, you're saying that the modifiers for bonus bloodpoints should be adjusted for survivors so that they are getting the same amount of BPs?

If that is your point, then how would you justify not giving the killers those additional blood points?

As an example, say that at the end of a trial, one survivor has a score of 10k BP earned before any bonus modifiers are applied; and likewise for a killer that earned 20k BP. If you grant both the survivor and the killer a modifier of 100% bonus points, the survivor would net 20k and the killer 40k. However, per your suggestion, if the bonus modifier is adjusted so that survivors get 40k like the killer, the survivor would be receiving a bonus modifier of 300%. Why would it be fair to give survivors a 300% bonus modifier, but not the killer?

• brokedownpalace
    edited October 2018
    Options
    apropos said:

@brokedownpalace said:

People might be misunderstanding you because of your pronoun usage... it took me a while to understand what you mean by 'this'. Assuming I understand your position, you're saying that the modifiers for bonus bloodpoints should be adjusted for survivors so that they are getting the same amount of BPs?

If that is your point, then how would you justify not giving the killers those additional blood points?

As an example, say that at the end of a trial, one survivor has a score of 10k BP earned before any bonus modifiers are applied; and likewise for a killer that earned 20k BP. If you grant both the survivor and the killer a modifier of 100% bonus points, the survivor would net 20k and the killer 40k. However, per your suggestion, if the bonus modifier is adjusted so that survivors get 40k like the killer, the survivor would be receiving a bonus modifier of 300%. Why would it be fair to give survivors a 300% bonus modifier, but not the killer?

They are not getting any "modifiers."  Bonus BP is awarded per event objective completed. Survivors with empty vials can only solo complete 2 event objectives, netting 8k BP. If they already have 1/3 or 2/3 of the vial filled, they can only complete 1 event objective solo, netting 4k. Now of course if 3 or 4 survivors are playing offerings and going in with completely empty vials everyone could get like 24-28k BP. But this is rarely the case.

There is no restriction on how much event BP killers can get. Even after they fill their vial they can still complete event objectives to get the BP.

So what's happening is killers are getting 50k+ games and survivors are typically getting around 15-25k. That's a massive disparity.

Post edited by brokedownpalace on
  • Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

The event is pretty much a slap in the face to one side, theres no reason to play Survivor once you get 30 vials just play Killer.

Killers will have 30 minute queue times by the end of the weekend, gonna be a joke.

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220
    Options

@brokedownpalace said:

Survivors can also keep their items and addons or even gain new ones in the game itself. Killers always lose their addons, and that's way worse because Killers rely heavily on addons to be effective. It's fine, and you're welcome.

• Just_Meh
    Just_Meh Member Posts: 96
    Options

Killers get more points because survivors are easy to play. 
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

Play killer then?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

I'd usually counter such an argument, but i'm going to refrain from doing so this time.
    If devs were to make Survivors gain more BP, i'll be swimming in BP by then.

• brokedownpalace
    Options

Play killer then?

Don't make assumptions then?

I play plenty of killer. Crazily enough, you cannot play both killer and survivor simultaneously. And during this event you need to play a lot of both to be able to get all 6 pieces. That's fine and good design. But survivor event BP gain pales in comparison.
  • brokedownpalace
    Options
    You can tell how many people don't actually read posts and put any thought into their responses. They just react based on the fact that this post is suggesting something that would benefit survivors. Knee jerk reactions of BUT MUH ADD ONS abound.
  • Vecors
    Vecors Member Posts: 67
    Options

Its always been like that, i think its fair due to killer gameplay being more stressful.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604
    Options

Well if you look at it objectively Killers do four times the work that Survivors do. So no surprise they get 4 times the Bloodpoints.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I agree! It makes no sense survivors get no event points after collecting 30 vials but killers can farm to eternity (on top of their naturally rich gains). Killer queues are going to be worse than ever for this event...

Edit: Autocorrect.
  • Boss
    Options

@SleepyWillo said:
    I agree! It makes no sense survivors get no event points after collecting 30 vials but killers can farm to eternity (on top of their naturally rich gains). Killer queues are going to be worse than ever for this event...

Not for me, i've had way worse queue times than this. :)

• SleepyWillo
    Options
    Boss said:

@SleepyWillo said:

As I said, "are going to be". Once survivors have their 30 there is literally no reason to play survivor during the event. Even if survivors want to just play normally they'll still be grouped with randos that will dive the flowers then suicide on hooks for fast games.
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited October 2018
    Options

@apropos said:

Nah that is BS.

There are 4 survivors. So comparing all 4 survivors to the 1 killers addons?

Not all survivor make it out most matches. You'll be lucky as a survivor to keep your item more then 3 or 4 matches. Eventually you lose it.

So if we go by the average kills of 2 per match. There is 2 survivor potentially dying with 2 items and 4 addons.

To me this all sort of evens out. The long term haul of BP earning playing as survivor has gone down.

Even in this event it is worse.

You put out an offering... Say everyone does.... so 5 offerings... 7 petals. If each survivor only need one third of their vial... Each survivor can hit their own petal... Not finish it... And no one gets any points for petals since they were not completed. Survivors don't get the points for the harvested petals unless they have been finished. Mean while, the killer has 7 hooks they can nail people with and get loads of points.

• Boss
    Options

@SleepyWillo said:
    Boss said:

@SleepyWillo said:

As I said, "are going to be". Once survivors have their 30 there is literally no reason to play survivor during the event. Even if survivors want to just play normally they'll still be grouped with randos that will dive the flowers then suicide on hooks for fast games.

Once i have my 30 vials as Killer, i'm gonna have to play as Survivor.
    And then there are others like me. :)

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options
    You guys know that when a plant if finished by any survivor and you have used an offering, you get 8k blood points. Just throwing that out there.
  • brokedownpalace
    Options
    You guys know that when a plant if finished by any survivor and you have used an offering, you get 8k blood points. Just throwing that out there.
    1. It's 4k
    2. You didn't read the thread

Just throwing that out there.
  • SleepyWillo
    Options

It's only 4k. And that's only if the other survivors haven't gotten their 30 vials yet.
  • Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293
    Options

I don't get why the complaining . A survivor needs around 2 and a half pustules to get a full vial , a killer on the other hand needs 6 hooks . It takes about 2-3 offering in a match to make sure a survivor gets their full vial it takes 4 offerings to make sure the killer can even attempt to get theirs . this is assuming the hooks are not all on one side of the map and survivors avoid those areas as much as possible . In a single night I manages to get 16 vials as a solo que survivor , and 4 as a killer . everything seems to be working as intended .

they make a event that cost nothing for the player to participate , survivors have the easy road as usual , you can unlock 2 full sets if you play it all and get 30/30 for killer and survivor . But I keep seeing thread after tread of entitled survivors saying why cant I farm bp one I speed farm 30/30 , killer is getting more bp then me and has to do twice the work or more . Survivors you walk up to a flower and hold a mouse button , that is in serum collected . Killer has to find a survivor , chase them , hit them at least twice , and then carry them to a event hook , all while playing swf tryhards . I don't normally support the devs on their ideas as usualy they are one sided , and this is why . IF a killer gets rewarded for having a harder go of it then they have to see thread after thread of entitled swf tryhards survivors cry ...

• SleepyWillo
    Options
    You seem to be missing some of the key grievances. Survivors by far have it much easier to complete vials than killers. The killer grind is bloody ridiculous. But the survivor side is completely thrown for the whole event. Survivors must compete against eachother and the killer. As much as you hate survivors imagine playing against them and a killer. Killer points and currency are tied to the one objective. Survivors side is all over the place. Even if a survivor wanted to just play the game they can't- because their teammates will throw it for vials.