Reporting Racism does nothing (Report with screenshots called not enough info)

Options
2»

Comments

• mandysuxx
    mandysuxx Member Posts: 41
    Options

I never got info if my support ticket was even read, sent info from a game where the killer afked and other two survivors (they afked on front of the gates so they couldn't be opened) kept me and my friend hostage for 15 minutes. I guess the report system is broken all the way.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    edited December 2020
    Options

The logic is that they DON'T need to post the freaking words. You have all these people looking at and reading the words and going "oh no! How terrible!" Yeah yeah... Good job feigning outage after reading the words and looking at them. You should be like a certain YouTuber and go to a suicide forest to film bodies to spread awareness about how awful suicide is.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

The difference is, this person isn't making fun of those words or making money of it, so you can't really compare that to this thread.

• Piwatte
    Piwatte Member Posts: 162
    Options

Someone said I should die recently... And you know what ? This player is still playing in this game. Nothing has been done...

• Terro
    edited December 2020
    Options

But the defence for both still remain the same.

In some ways it's actually worse in this case, since the logic here is that these words are bad and hurtful to their respective groups. What's the point of reposting them verbatim? Oh these words will trigger bad memories for these groups. Gee I better repost them to get more people to see them to protect vulnerable groups from seeing them. It's different cuz I didn't type them out. I just reposted the whole thing. Definitely seems like you care about the groups and not the fact that somebody just wrote the words. /S

Why are you trying to protect this? The screenshoot is 100% not needed. Do you think that nobody will believe that some idiot in an online game said the n word?

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

So by your logic, no one should speak out about their experiences to avoid hurting others and reminding others of their experiences? K

• Terro
    edited December 2020
    Options

No my logic is to avoid unnecessary harm. You do not need to repost the words. You've bypassed the filters. Saying that they said the n word and other homophobic words are good enough.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

I mean, I definitely don't have a clip saved of someone who said they targeted my friend in particular for being an F* slur.

They were definitely banned, but it was only temporary and wouldn't show on their profile, they did stupidly go live after their report and logged into a ban message

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062
    Options

Reporting on their site with video evidence of overly blatant hacking goes unnoticed. This doesn't shock me at all.

That being said, while this is poor behavior on the person saying these things and they shouldn't be saying them, it's just words. It's not hurting anyone and doesn't hurt gameplay. This is an M-Rated game and online interactions are not rated in online games for this very reason. If words bother you, just don't participate in game chat and go to your next match. That way, the racist person won't even have anyone to talk to.