Insidious Basement Bubba: Urban Legend or Real

Options

The most common toxic killer stereotype is of course Insidious basement bubba. However, I rarely come across a Bubba like this and have come across a lot more body-blocking wraiths than them. Could their population have been greatly exaggerated?

Comments

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

I used to see it rarely(About 5-6 times total) but basement Bubba has effectively disappeared with the rework making Bubba actually viable outside of tunneling/camping.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,660
    Options

They were a lot more common before his rework though still rare. As Bubba is now, he's a pretty decent killer so there is no need to camp or anything.

Back then, some people felt the only way to win was to facecamp and he was one of the best at it so they just played to his strengths.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I've never run into one. I've used a Spooky Myers myself to hang (4) people out to dry in the basement by appearing to leave, using my wall hack to track/time the rescuer and then go down behind them and interrupt the rescue. I never stay in the basement though, as that would defeat the point of the bait.

• Rybe
    Rybe Member Posts: 44
    Options

I've run into a couple recently. If the end game chat was any indication they were doing it specifically to make people mad. Which is charming.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,186
    Options

I used to encounter them alot but I think the last time I saw one was when drag bubba first came out and he only camped one survivor that way so I'm not sure if it was a grudge or what, this game has a funny way of bringing out rage in people

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

Camping killers are rare in general, because no matter how effective it can be, it's boring to play like that. But to be fair, Insidous Bubba is rare, but you should run into one from time to time. At least the Meme chest protecting ones.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615
    Options

Insidious Bubba is a meme at this point.

Bubba is such a powerful chaser that playing him defensively is silly at best, game-throwing at worst.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

People usually do this when they’re trying to mine for salt, because it’s completely boring to play otherwise, and despite popular belief most people just play this game in a normal way to have fun.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

I've come across this type of bubba about once every 400 hours. I have been lucky to always be in a SWF, so we lose 1 teammate, finish gens and 3 of us escape.

I can't imagine being bored of a killer to try to do this but it must work against random teams. Just seems really sad and pathetic though, but people spend time doing all sort of weird things

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 534
    Options

Definitely real but I think a lot less common these days. I use to see them rarely a couple years ago, but I've only run into 2 in the past year I could just be getting lucky, but I've seen much less then previous years.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

I've seen a couple, one a few days ago. Rare though.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

It happened to me just today. I wasn’t anywhere even close to the shack basement but he somehow got me on that damned hook before I could escape. He walked past two friggin hooks to get me there. The second he went to stand in the corner I killed myself and went on to the next game. He tunneled me from within the first 30 seconds I spawned and didn’t get a damned thing done. I wasn’t going to waste the entire match being bait. Find another butt monkey, Bubba!

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Bubbas camp at a rate 3 times higher than the average killer.

Like it's been observed when people track statistics of like hundreds of games, he is the most heavily camping killer just cause it's the easiest to do that as.

That being said, insidious is rare, I generally never see that.

• Iron
    Iron Member Posts: 241
    Options

I've seen several through my time playing (around 15-20).

Actually found one just camping the chest in basement. He downed the person who went for the chest but let them crawl out. Endgame chat all they said was "my chest"

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Jesus christ, can you guys comment on a thread without making it a discussion about "da evil survivor/killer mains" instantly?

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options

depends on what rank u are looking in. you're not going to see it in red ranks

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589
    Options

I think in 2 years...I've seen 2

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Yeah they’re very rare.

Even though when it does indeed work, the survivors are screwed, it’s still such a huge gamble for the killer. This is why it’s rare.

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202
    Options

I've probably seen 3 of them. Some people say, "Oh, it's just an Wraith AFK," when nothing is going on during the game, but sometimes it's actually an insidious Bubba. If you never check basement you'll never know :o

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

I have found the elusive insidious bubba! and what happened is he let me give him my brown medkit in payment for searching the chest. once i got another brown medkit, the other time it was a pink key. then someone stole my brown medkit and the bubba took him down and me accidentally.... he gave me hatch!

• TheKnowlesFam
    TheKnowlesFam Member Posts: 63
    edited December 2020
    Options

I'VE MET ONE.. AND LIVED TO TELL THE TALE!

It was a dark and lonely night and my spooky cat wasn't going off..... All of a sudden THREE GENS WERE DONE.... NO SPOOKY CAT.... then two MORE GENS DONE.... People were like

ARE THEY AFK?!?!?!? LETS SNOOP... BAD IDEA....

All of a sudden I see a default MEG GO DOWN IN THE BASEMENT, I HEAR "HelP IVE falleN" So Yui goes to investigate and BOOM while im opening the exit gate ACE GOES DOWN TOO ALL 3 IN THE BASEMENT

Shoooo0o0o0o0ot I LEFT. I WAS SCARED. And in the after chat there i saw with my OWN TWO EYES a player named bubbas basement and he said that they paid the price for invading the basement and that i was smart for playing it safe....

I'll never forget that night bro i was legit scared

SPOOKY CAT = SPINE CHILL

• Freki
    Options
  • M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    Options

The should be an official "Bubba's Basement Day" where ALL Killers go Insidious Bubba for 24 Hours!

• CLB198
    CLB198 Member Posts: 315
    Options

It's a story used by the entity to shroud the basement in mystery and danger.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

Ooooo!!! A spooky thread.

• Freki
    Options
  • ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

Maybe not the Insidious Bubba, but we played against a Basement Camping Bubba tonight, and they were PC Rank 2. My friend got downed first, was carried towards the basement on Lery's, wiggled off, got downed again, then this time ended up in the study basement. The Bubba was running Mad Grit, Agitation, and Iron Grasp. When I headed for a potential rescue, I could hear the terror radius fire up, so my friend told me to work on gens and not attempt the save. One of the two other teammates (who were playing together but not on coms with us) went to save him and got downed. Their teammate (who had BT) went for a rescue and managed to get their friend out, but mine didn't make it. He went back to the basement, struggled to the end, and gave us time to finish all the gens and get three of us out. I was stunned that the killer was a Rank 2 -- my assumption would have been that running that build and playstyle wouldn't work, but if it wasn't a one-off match for them and is their regular build/gameplay, I guess it must work more often than not.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 646
    Options

Although getting an insidious camping Bubba is a thing and huge bummer, but they are not very common. I get that kind of game maybe once a month. I also feel like the lower I am in rank the less I see it, so maybe only newer killers really try this out.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options

you do come across the odd harcore meme commit in red ranks no question but it is generally a yellow rank strat

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I have seen more insidous basement bubba's then i've seen so called god nurses.

Those are the real urban legend around dbd

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

I meet several ones so far. There are 2 kinds of bubbas i encounter, the bbq bubba, who hooks someone and runs of the get the next one, no camping at all, and the insidious basement camper. If a bubba hooks you in the basement, and i dont hear his tr outside, i won´t come for your help.

On the other hand, if i play bubba, which is rare and only for achivements/dailys, i AM an insidious camper