Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Lol guess I'm not allowed to do dailys.

So I've been taking a break from the game due to the bugs and the fact that I've started a single player game I really like. Today I decided to do a few matches to make sure I don't get rusty.

I'm on xbox, I am new-ish, a Killer Main, and currently sitting pretty at Rank 12.

First round, play as Nurse, who I never play, just for the memes. Get a few hooks, could've gotten a few more at the end but let the survivors go, because they weren't acting toxic to a god-awful nurse.

Second Round, Plague. Not a bad one, two sacrifices, survivors were toxic at exit gate.

Third round, I play a meme build as the Pig, (still intending to try and Win.) I use Amanda's Letter, but a Laurie (red rank, of course,) is running OoO and judging by the way people acted, was in a SWF, so obviously I lost.

Final round, I look at my dailies and decide to do a match as Hillbilly to get two sacrifices. I never play Billy but I equip my perks, (Enduring, Iron Grasp, Lightborn, and NOED.)

Map is Midwich, my least favorite in the game. Survivors are all way better than me with the exception of a solitary David who I hook in basement. I can immediately tell there's survivors near and I admittedly camp a bit. Not full-on, Insidious in the basement camping, but I stay really close to the stairs. Because of camping and a last minute clutch from NOED, I got my two sacrifices.

Now, I understand camping isn't great, and I know NOED is controversial, but that does not excuse the barrage of toxic messages I've been getting from the second sacrifice, a Christmas Onesie Elodie with TTV in the name.

The first message was "makes sense someone like you would camp," (which I immediately assume refers to my Pride Flag gamerpic, which the messager denies,) and he sends a ton of messages calling me trash for running NOED, for camping basement, all kinds of stuff. I try to explain why, and that I never camp normally but this was a situation that called for it, Yada Yada Yada.

This rant is worthless. Whatever. Back to only playing Control for a week.

Comments

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

Casualties of noed will generally be the least embracing of the gg mindset. The noed death is rough. They were also a streamer, and possibly lost face being sacrificed by a newer player at end screen.

You might want to consider turning off messages from randoms. Losses when you aren't expecting one can be infuriating. I do like that holiday onesie outfit tho.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Yeah it's always rough coming back to the game after a break and being matched with some salt demons. I wish I could give some advice on not letting it put you off but I just switched messages off when I was on ps4 after a while, sucks to miss out on the nice messages you get but regardless of your killer playstyle, most aren't.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

People are gonna be rude whatever you do unfortunately. You can play as nice as humanly possible and you’ll still get insulted by some raging 12 year old. I’d recommend just turning your messages private if you’re getting spammed, and try not to engage with them because nothing productive will come of it. You can’t reason with someone who is reacting on pure emotion.

• Senpavo
    Senpavo Member Posts: 105

Lol, earlier I was told to, quote on quote, "get cancer get cancer one day you b-word, that's well deserved"

What I did? Play as Freddy due to a daily. No mori, no camping, no tunneling. Everybody was hooked 3 times. No idea of why the person would say that other than being salty?

But eh, as @Skarkio said above, they are almost badges of honor, if you don't play in a scummy way.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

1) who cares what they say.

2) play how you wish

3) were you doing dailies on nurse, plague and pig? didn't seem you mentioned that lol but honestly do what ever you wish.

4) those people telling you noed is controversial are dog crap as well. it's a perk as fair as any other perk. just because the survivors don't like to do gens and want 5 minute games for 10 minutes of waiting doesn't matter noed or not they let noed happen.

and don't get bent up because it lets them win, if they harass/shame you report them.

• JustHeretoHaveFun
    JustHeretoHaveFun Member Posts: 86

I wasn't doing dailies on them, but I also played fairly. Nurse I was just playing for the memes, and somehow I almost got 2 kills but I took them to the gate.

Plague I played fairly, but got frustrated due to toxicity from survivors.

Pig I played fairly except for some brief strategic camping when I finally caught the OoO. (I knew survivors were there and I wanted to jumpscare them instead of going for a chase.)

I knew I could only do one more match, so I decided to do a daily, get some BP to level up my Pig.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

fiar enough just seemed odd title though that's why i asked :) i still say don't worry play your way.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

Always remember... If you're a trash killer, and they died to you, then what does that say about their skills, exactly?

• DFP
    DFP Member Posts: 156

M'sorry friend. It's that hidden fifth perk working against us...