Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Victor and Slugging. Solution?

Victor has shined more light on DBD’s slugging problem.

I play both sides so I understand that the way the game is set up now, slugging is necessary at times for the killer to win; it's just soooo boring for the survivor.

If any change is made to slugging, something needs to be provided to the Killer as compensation – for example, an End Game Collapse equivalent at the start of the match.

It’s unlikely that there will ever be a full rework to slugging; it would be a chore to do and could create more problems than it solves.

So I think I’ve come up with a super simple solution.

If a survivor is slugged, the Killer no longer sees Scratch Marks.

This would mean, it would still be possible to slug but wouldn’t be as effective.

Survivors would be able to rescue the slugged survivor more easily since they wouldn’t need to slowly walk to them if the killer were nearby anymore.

The slugged survivor also would now feel a little better as he or she is helping out the team, much like a face-camped survivor smashing the X button to give his teammates more time.

And for an in-game lore justification – The Entity wants to feed on survivors so badly it incentives the Killer to give them to it.

TLDR: If a survivor is slugged, the Killer no longer sees Scratch Marks.

Any other ideas?

Anyway thanks for the read

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Just FYI Victor can’t see scratch marks anyway. Your change would have no effect on him.

Also the devs don’t seem to have an issue with slugging. The Twins and Oni, for example, are designed with slugging in mind, as are perks like Deerstalker.

• MongByeolBuddies
    MongByeolBuddies Member Posts: 146

Yes, I know that Victor can't see scratchmarks. The point is it would help against the Twins because Charlotte would also not be able to see scratch marks, and it would help against all other Killers.

Tunneling, camping, gens being cranked out super fast and slugging are all in the game – It doesn’t mean they cannot be improved. 

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545

No, the whole point of twins is to punish not healing.

If you want to counter slugging, there are many perks for that. Try WGLF/Unbreakable.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

The counter for anything that the twins can do (including slugging) is simply enter a locker. (sad pepe)

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

If the whole team (including yourself) is injured one can just hop in a locker to prevent 4-man-slugs because

Victor can now either:

1) leave the locker - allowing you to heal up (Inner Strength might come in handy) and get back on the gens

or

2) block the locker - allowing your team to heal up and get back on the gens as Victor blocks the locker for 10 seconds forcing Charlotte to go to said locker immediately.

Getting hooked is better than getting the entire team (including yourself) slugged.