HOW WOULD YOU CHANGE: Second Wind

Options
AggressiveFTW
AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 923
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

HOW WOULD YOU CHANGE

is a mini-thread series which I've created in order for the community to tell and explain how they would change things in the game.

Today's pick: Second Wind

Comments

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838
    Options

Now this could make it meta but how about just removing the whole "when your unhooked" idea so it can just be like a syptic agent perk.

And if it isn't already it would be a one use type perk.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

Simple. Make the timer ten seconds, make it easier to activate.

Inner Strength is a far better healing perk, that works far faster, for less effort.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

The problem with this perk is that the reward is not good enough. I'm fine with the healing aspect though. So just lower the time your broken for after is active. Instead of 30 seconds it could just be 15 seconds.

• Boddy604
    Boddy604 Member Posts: 183
    Options

Yep. The way its designed now is just anti-teamwork & counter-intuitive.

I play swf and have to tell em "dont start self care, i need my perk!"

Or someone will run up to help heal them and I'll have to tell em "no, go back to your gen"

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

change it to be something like this

when you get unhooked or unhook yourself 2nd wind gives you the broken status effect

healing other survivors before 2nd wind activates decreases the broken duration proportionate to how much you healed them (1 full heal = 16 seconds off the duration aka healing 3 whole survivors and a little bit = insta healed off hook)

After a total duration of 60/55/50 seconds, Second Wind automatically heals you from Injured to the Healthy State 

Second Wind deactivates once you are completely healed or if you are put into the Dying State before Second Wind successfully triggers.

You will lose the Broken Status Effect once Second Wind deactivates.

second Wind does not activate if you are already afflicted by the Broken Status Effect

• Boddy604
    Boddy604 Member Posts: 183
    Options

Id rather have the current version than risk being broken for a full minute with no way to heal.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

it still heals at the end of it though so as long as you don't go down its 2 free heals at around current 2nd wind speed or faster

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 810
    Options

I believe this always work in this way. I was using Second Wind these days, I unhooked a survivor and I started healing him, after 50%, some random dude just came up and helped me healing, after the healing was completed, I had my Second Wind ready to go.

Also I don't find it fair to just "tap" on a survivor when he's almost done healing.

Another thing I don't link about this perk is because it can only be used 2 times. It should have more trigger activations.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

So key thing of note are we trying to make second wind better then bt or ds because if not then im onboard. As is consistently referenced above completing a healing action unlocks the perk no 100% heal nonesense. It is one of my favorite perks to run but I think it just gets overshadowed by perks that are way to strong.

If you actually look at the average surivour build its has to compete with bt, ds, unbreakable iron will, adrenaline etc. Second wind has helped me out a lot but you need to tune some of the strong survivour perks so it seems to be more of an option.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

Just forget the healing prerequisite. It should activate period unless, like it says, you get damaged before it heals you.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

Remove the reduction that co-op healing has on progress towards activating the Perk.

Make the Perk heal you through Deep Wound instead of just auto-mending you.

Pause or reset the timer when going down instead of just outright deactivating the Perk. When being picked back up or getting unhooked and then rescued again, resume the timer.

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376
    Options

make it so that you have BT until the second health state is recovered, but getting hit into DW cancels the health state recovery

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited December 2020
    Options

Cleanse a totem needs to have value for it to be worth it. Otherwise your spending an excess time doing nothing for a health state you could have gotten faster. Yes noed, yes undying,ruin but and this is important not everyone running that build. Healing an ally is way more likely to benefit the team. Granted 100% healing someone is gonna be harder then it seems wjen others come to help heal.

Lets be real here the reason no one does dull totems half of the time is because the time spent seeking them out in most modern maps is to much of a time sink. Your more likely to lose more survivours to dull totoem hunting then a noed.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801
    Options

I think it should work like solidarity but with a 1 to 1 conversion rate at the cost of not being able to be healed while you havw gotten any health from second wind and with the health gaining at the normal healing speed after you finish healing the survivor, the speed it would fill is affected by other perks

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

Make it work like Barmaid (IDV)'s d.o.v.a.l.i.n, after finishing 1 healing action and allow you to press the active ability button to activate the perk, when activated you'll be broken and it will take 30/28/26 seconds to fully heal 1 health state

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

I would just say that if you have it and you are in the broken state and get downed it should not deactivate but allow you to get back up to wounded state once the timer runs out unless you are actually hooked, thats it

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921
    Options

I'd just give it a speed boost during the heal, like Blood Pact or Hope. And the heal should bypass Deep Wounds. Then it'll be worth the hassle.

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795
    edited December 2020
    Options

I would change three things:

• Healing yourself or others grant you the use of it. (Get up to 2 tokens or no healing requirement.)
    • Stacks with other broken status perks. (As in you get healed when you are no longer broken.)
    • Healing isn't cancelled when you get hit, instead its cancelled when you get picked up. (Poor man's unbreakable.)
    Post edited by Jejune on
  • DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Options

Remove the fact you need to heal someone beforehand and increase the broken timer to 40 seconds, it's a free heal off hook at the penalty of your safety, and you wouldn't be able to stack it with deliverance, which would objectively be a way too overpowered combination.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

I would

1. Change the requirement to a safe unhook so to get the perk to activate you have to get a safe unhook
    2. remove the broken affect when being unhooked so this promotes less tunneling
    3. reduce the time it takes to heal to 10/5/0 seconds so at tier 3 when you get unhooked you instantly heal

this would make the perk so much better and actually good

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795
    Options

In my opinion it should stack with all of the perks with broken status, BUT you get healed after broken status is gone.

So in deliverance example you would get healed after 60 seconds.

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
    Options

I would like to see it synergize well with Deliverance, and maybe make it chase-oriented to activate as opposed to healing. Say for example, you run the killer for 80/70/60 seconds before you get hooked and it activates as opposed to healing someone up to the equivalent of one health state.