Was I wrong about Autohaven?

It used to be my favorite map. I always thought it was balanced and fair for killer and survivors. I hate it now that it's been reworked. It's so dark I honestly can't even see. I might as well be on the Game. And before any tells me to adjust my brightness, I'm one of those third world console players who don't matter.

But anyway, RIP Autohaven. I will miss you.

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Dark isnt a problem to me. But as someone said, they cant recognize the title, they dont know where they're running.

As for me, grass is too weak for my main Trapper (Otz said the same in 50 wins Trapper vid). Clau become even more blendable in the map, she can just sit in the shadow and completely disaappear.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

So everyone hates it now, is what you're saying, for various reasons? I agree that the tiles being unrecognizable is a problem now, but those I would eventually learn. If I could see them in the first place. But yeah it's just as dark as the reworked Yamaoka's, which I still hate even after all this time.

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674

I agree. I used to love Autohaven

Honestly i dislike all of the reworked maps both looks and gameplaywise (super unsafe loops and deadzones everywhere). I'm probably in the minority here but idk, they just look kinda weird and boring to me, doesn't help that they mostly look the same. Still missing the blue Macmillan tint a lot. And then there's the performance issues on top of it. I don't have the issue with the darkness due to filters on PC, i turned it off before for a test and i could barely see anything.

I'm dreading the Asylum/Coldwind map reworks because they will be terrible as well, i just know it

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I generally found Autohaven maps were relatively easy for survivors to escape on unless you got Azarov's and a territorial killer. They were middle of the road, sure, but most maps are (or were, I guess) pretty survivor-sided so middle of the road still left killers in the ditch.

I need more experience before I form a new opinion, but I can agree that they are way too dark.

• Todbringer
    Todbringer Member Posts: 20

You can change your brightness on your console too.

Well, actually on your TV.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

I think they were very rng dependent after patch 3.7. You could get a big wasteland or some insane setups. I agree they were survivor-sided before that point, though.

Now, they're just black, like Yamaokas immediately after the rework. Weird trend honestly. Azarov's seems worse. I got many spawns with 4 gens on one side. Gas Heaven is kinda meh in the main building, because you can actually get a breakable wall at the front door. Wrecker's Yard can still spawns 3 gens around the basement and those on the outskirts can actually be in the middle of nowhere. Blood Lodge seems pretty strong for survivors still, but I haven't got it often enough to form an opinion.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Autohaven maps are very meh now. They were usually not great before the update, because RNG meant you could get either 4 pallets on a single map or 40. It's way too inconsistent with its RNG. Now that's been made even worse with breakable walls, a darker map and weird looking tiles and objects that ultimately have no reason to exist, alongside the dead zones and bad pallet RNG.

The list of good maps is getting smaller and smaller, I can only ######### PRAY that Chapel is one of the last maps to get a rework.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

agreed, the autohaven maps were my favorite maps in the game until the rework. The darkness is just way too straining to look at and i hate it.

it also just looks incredibly cluttered, and i really dislike the ground and grass textures. i miss old autohaven 💔

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited December 2020

Springwood and McMilian rework was good

Ormond was decent and from aestetic point of few very good

Autohaven RIP. Cant believe what they have done with this layout. They hired a butcher to design this map 😪

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Welp, I guess I'll say it. I like the updated look. Objects are now more sharp and crisp... To me it feels like a marking of how far DBD has come (The aesthetic, the design) and how far it has yet to go (map balance).

• meatisadelicacy

Yes I know it's possible to adjust brightness on my tv, but depending on what tv you have, it's probably a lot more complicated and slower than it would be on PC.

• meatisadelicacy

Yeah I really like the Ormond rework. I still do not like Yamaoka. Even with time I never got used to it. It's too dark. I played on Autohaven as killer and I didn't like it on that side either.

RIP to my favorite Realm.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

My old Xbox 360 had settings to turn up brightness. Dunno about newer consoles.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I have never had this problem.ehen 3ver i look at autohaven I think the brightness is fine. Is it my TV or a matter of perspective?

• Yehzue
    Yehzue Member Posts: 60

It needs for game tiles to fix the dead zones as most Autohaven maps have like 10 pallets and a bunch of dead zones

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598

Autohaven is bright like a day map and I have standard TV settings

• meatisadelicacy

So for those of us who think it's incredibly dark, we just need to adjust our console settings between games? That works.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

still too dark for me. at least as killer.

By the way, didnthey massively reduce the middle area size of azarovs?