The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should Yellow Mori be base kit?

AggressiveFTW
AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049

Should Yellow Mori be base kit? 171 votes

Yes (Please explain why you picked "Yes")
77%
FatelanceSnakeSound222Weeb_H_ToastWhite_OwlGibberishAdelooAcromioBlueberryZerLukasTapeKnotF60_31AttckcatSchmeltzSblitcherTragicSolitudeToxicity23Leonardo1itakonchokRullisimusstang62 133 votes
No (Please explain why you picked "No")
22%
NehalennyabrokedownpalaceDr_TrautsDimekNekoGamerXSkeletalEliteSunaIIanuPlantCollectorPurgatorianDarootLeafstormBloodyBunnyMorriganDawnMadcynicalChurchofPignotstarboardglitchboistargazer9darwinsbrainWongrath 38 votes

Comments

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

A good idea to increase the chances of the killer himself seeing his skin. With less mori, you can only see the lobby, the start and the results.

(google translate)

• AggressiveFTW

Ahh, I never really thought about that! I do have some skins that I am proud of, so being able to see yourself more frequently would be appreciated.

• AggressiveFTW

Your idea of you having to kill all 3 survivors before killing the last one is a good idea tbh, that way you have also earned your right to mori!

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

The Yellow mori is totally useless. In the vast majority of cases where you down the last remaining survivor you can kill them or let them bleed out. That mori could either use a buff or just be part of the base kit for all killers.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

Sure, why not. It's literally just a "end the game in style" button. If the killer has 3 other survivors dead or on hook, the last survivor should be mori-able.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Both for style points and Mori dailies.

• Teacyn
    Teacyn Member Posts: 93

There's literally no reason not to in my opinion. The only possible gameplay advantage is that if the last survivor has DS active it would allow you to ignore it, but in all honesty all that really means is that cheeky survivors won't get to use a get-out-of-jail-free card when by all accounts they should be killed.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Some extra points and feel better knowing you'll get at least 1 kill. Regardless of DS.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618

Why stop at yellow mori? There's little harm in making ebony mori base kit at this point.

• Bruce_AV1
    Bruce_AV1 Member Posts: 28

All mementos should be base (after the change of the devs)

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,816

I don't have super strong feelings about it, but the yellow mori seems so useless and the conditions to use it are so specific that I feel like it wouldn't hurt anything to let the people who want to see their kill animation get to see their kill animation.

• Zesty
    Zesty Member Posts: 380

Doesnt affect gameplay in any way? So should have been base kit on release!

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

No one uses the addon anyways

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

It just lets you end the game with a cool animation instead of hooking the Survivor. Making it base kit would free up space on the Bloodweb and help with Mori dailies.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

how mori are now the pink one should be basekit because not many will use it anyway because after 2 hook you might as well hook them the 3rd time also getting rid all 3 mori offering would free up the bloodweb as of right now there all useless.

• frizar
    frizar Member Posts: 13

No because no more friendly hatch

• AggressiveFTW

How would they get the hatch even if yellow mori wasn't base kit? If I down them how would they get the hatch even if I can't mori them?

• BloodyBunny
    BloodyBunny Member Posts: 114

i don't really see why they should

• Weeb_H_Toast
    Weeb_H_Toast Member Posts: 195

Yes, but the last survivor needs to have been hooked at least once, just to give them a chance to wiggle off if they played realtivly well, and hooking is worth more BP anyway.

• RamblinRango
    RamblinRango Member Posts: 389

Now that moris are basically just animations, absolutely

• ExalyThor
    ExalyThor Member Posts: 67

Right? Getting another pop from hooking a survivor for the 3rd time has won me countless games.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,768

DS exists, so being downed as the last survivor is not an insta-L. I'm all for a DS nerf, but changing the base game so you can't use it as the last survivor isn't how I'd like to see it get nerfed. I think the yellow mori is fair as is - the in-game effect is niche, but it's far from useless because of mori dailies.

• wildtrapjake
    wildtrapjake Member Posts: 68

Mori animations need to see the light of day. I think it should be base kit, and reward extra bp. Could remove moria from bloodweb altogether.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited January 2021

I'm a killer main and don't use mori's for both these reasons :-

Although not as unfair as they used to be, I still feel as though they promote tunneling and only use them for the 'by your hand, kill' dailies.

I prefer bp bonus items to try and cut the grind just a little bit.

Instant yellow mori's are like half a rancor perk, if killers got this then the last survivor would also have to get a last survivor base kit add on too.

• CLB198
    CLB198 Member Posts: 315

its the last survivor they're going to die anyways and it will get them out of the game faster than waiting 60 seconds so you don't get DS

• CRUMCH
    CRUMCH Member Posts: 14

I feel that on many occasions I have been saved before I get put on the hook for the last time. Just within the week I would have died instead of escaping for at least 3 of the games that I played. So I feel that them always being able to do this instead of it being a resource would be slightly unbalanced.

• krungle
    krungle Member Posts: 2

It's true. I feel that regardless if survivors escape or if all survivors are on hooks/ sacrificed, the last should be able to be mori-ed.

I feel that this would promote slugging and tunneling to the next level. A killer would down a survivor and go look for others to hook, or tunnel survivors individually until one remains. By letting it happen naturally, I feel like it would give killers an incentive to actually go for multiple people for more points, rather than aforementioned slugging/tunneling for the animation. And this way, you at least have a chance to get a confirmed kill.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I think they should be base.

If you are the last Survivor and are down with the Killer on you, you are basically completely at his Mercy anyway. Might as well let them end the game with style if they want. The only time you aren't completely at his mercy is in situations that I personally don't think should happen anyway, so yeah. Yellow Mori base.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

It just makes sense, for all the reasons detailed by others in this thread.

Also I wouldn't have to invest bloodpoints to RNG for a mori for a stupid daily on a killer I never use rather than prestiging and levelling the ones I do

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Moris just dont do enough to justify spending bloodpoints on them. They are a cosmetic final kill option, thats all

• Ghost_Pepper
    Ghost_Pepper Member Posts: 19

The yellow mori only allows the killer to mori the last person left in the game.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

This is a great idea and a satisfying way to end a game. And we could remove the yellow mori from the game since it's a waste of blood points.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

You can't be saved if you are the last survivor alive, and this is how the yellow mori works. It would just be a way to end the game a bit faster and in a more satisfying way when everything is already decided. And would be a very very slight nerf to ds in the off chance that the last survivor had DS and a had key to open the hatch or the gate was open, wich is complete bullshit imo.

• hatchking
    hatchking Member Posts: 312

That is yellow mori

• LilSnek
    LilSnek Member Posts: 20

its more interesting

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

Being able to earn your kill should be a right. A privilege.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Yes it would be a neat little reward for getting a 4k and it also makes the moris easier to see on killers which would be nice since htye took a lot of effort

• RK67
    RK67 Member Posts: 101
    edited January 2021

Some killer moris are so brutal that it's painful to see them. Also I believe that last survivor should always have a chance to escape by wiggling etc, that way it's challenging for both survivor and killer.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

I picked yes simply for one reason. Do you know what League of Legends do for balancing right? One thing is broken, so you break another thing just to achieve "balance". This is the same scenario.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,130

Yes. The mori animation exists, everyone should get more chances to see it. The current Cypress Mori is a waste of BP and a total crapshoot. I never burn one because the chances I'll get to use it are slim, so they just build up and collect dust in my inventory. Players need less stuff they don't want cluttering the Bloodwebs.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2021

Now that mori's were nerfed to be basically worthless we're very rarely going to see them run. IE we're going to be see the visual aspect of mori's a lot less. A yellow at base would be nice as it isn't really adding any strength, just a visual reward for winning.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

I think it'd conflict with the lore, not sure how to explain. I feel like the yellow mori should be changed to have the secondary effect of Survivor Pudding, but maybe like 75% more bloodpoints for each category? Idk.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

I clicked yes so I can just end the game. I had a match earlier where it was the Endgame Collapse and I had the last Survivor downed. I picked them up, but there was no hook anywhere within range after the closest were already consumed. I had to drop the Survivor, and then LET them die to the Entity sacrifice because I couldn't risk them wriggling off. I took no pleasure in them crawling around until the end. I would have been more than happy to just end the game for both of us and move on with a quick Mori.

• OmfgWalrus
    OmfgWalrus Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2021

I Voted no because I think it should be base kit that a killer can Mori a survivor if they are on Death Hook, you could still make it so DS could effect this by just stabbing the killer when they try to Mori.

But I also think BT should be removed and should be base kit of survivors. they should just always get endurance when unhooked for like 8-12 seconds. This would help with tunneling making DS not as needed, and would allow survivors to know they can safely unhook an allies without just farming them. It also prevents the jerks from freely farming people on hooks.

• Attckcat
    Attckcat Member Posts: 58
    edited February 2021

Sure, yellows are already amazingly rare, and they only come into play when everyone else is gone anyway, so you're just skipping the last pickup and any perks that come with it. The survivor still has to be downed if they aren't already.

The only downside would be denying last second plays like DS/Powerstruggle/Flipflop. PS and FF are super rare/situational though, so it basically just denies DS the CHANCE for that last second save, which actually I feel like gets used a lot to troll. Last hook already denies escape attempts if the survivor hadn't been hooked yet.

"Last one out get the mori!"

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454

Why not, if the last survivor is downed, they're dead no matter what, and even if they have DS up, you know you're not being tunnelled, the killer has no other survivors.