The Whole Event Is Rigged

i did the math its 210 nectar to buy every skin that means you have to get 16 a day including on the nov 2nd meaning you have to play all day every day. AND LET ME ADD YOU CAN BUY THE SKINS WITH AURIC CELLS so ######### devs? you have RUINED THE EVENTS AND THE REWARDS. you made it to where we cant sabo event hooks and that when a survivor dies we dont keep all our nectar. we also cant collect more than one vial in a game. we also dont share nectar between survivors, we also get maybe half a vial per game and then we take that same vial in game. i maybe get 2 in 4 games which take 20 minutes each. also last year we had double xp. we also last year had special items like the healing kit and the flashlight which i have not seen in any boxes the whole time i have been playing. by changing thier rarity did you make them harder to find then ultra-rare items or some #########? ######### fix this event else because being able to work for cosemetics but also buy them with money is just stupid.

Comments

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

no i want the event cosmetics to be event obtainable only like the ones before and for them to be easier to get because this event is just BS compaired to the ones what came before. yes they didnt have as many cosmetics but they did have a way to contain them that didnt take so much to get.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

i agree that the non sabotageable hooks was needed but they nerfed the survivors by them not sharing the stuff, making it a seperate objective, and you lose some if you die.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

i agree that the non sabotageable hooks was needed but they nerfed the survivors by them not sharing the stuff, making it a seperate objective, and you lose some if you die.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

All day everyday? I have 30/30 on survivor and 21/30 on killer lol

• TheLegendDyl4n1

i agree that the non sabotaging event hooks was right but they should make it where killers get more nectar from hooks and more vials, make it to where survivors share all nectar collected and have multiple vials.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@RSB said:

im sorry that you are able to play this game almost all day and still get enough for them but for people like me who play by myself always get ignored when trying to get the nectar and end up dying when the killer finds me and i lost progress

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited October 2018

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RSB said:

im sorry that you are able to play this game almost all day and still get enough for them

I had only one day, won't be playing the DbD in 2 weeks from now

but for people like me who play by myself always get ignored when trying to get the nectar and end up dying when the killer finds me and i lost progress

That's not the case of "play all day and everyday", but rather "don't die" issue.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RSB said:

im sorry that you are able to play this game almost all day and still get enough for them but for people like me who play by myself always get ignored when trying to get the nectar and end up dying when the killer finds me and i lost progress

It's been two days. If he has almost completed everything, then your claim that you need to play all day every day for the entire event is false, and the problem lies with you.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    I don't get the problem, we get a choice of reward. More than any past event. Can everybody get the max, no we got lives and its just a game. I'm gonna earn what I can cause I can't afford 10$ for a cosmetic set. Dev's are attempting to fund the game while giving you a chance & choice, don't get greedy.
  • Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

OP is wrong anyway. He thinks you can farm 210 vials. You cant. You can only grind for 2 outfits the rest is bought. so 60 vials is all you need.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RSB said:

It's been two days. If he has almost completed everything, then your claim that you need to play all day every day for the entire event is false, and the problem lies with you.

theres a defrence between xbox and pc. also screw off orion

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Shadoureon said:
    OP is wrong anyway. He thinks you can farm 210 vials. You cant. You can only grind for 2 outfits the rest is bought. so 60 vials is all you need.

oh so they made it even worse by not letting you get all the rewards and forcing you to buy them if you want them all. gg devs gg you have officially ruined the game and become EA

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Shadoureon said:

oh so they made it even worse by not letting you get all the rewards and forcing you to buy them if you want them all. gg devs gg you have officially ruined the game and become EA

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    i did the math its 210 nectar to buy every skin that means you have to get 16 a day including on the nov 2nd meaning you have to play all day every day. AND LET ME ADD YOU CAN BUY THE SKINS WITH AURIC CELLS so ######### devs? you have RUINED THE EVENTS AND THE REWARDS. you made it to where we cant sabo event hooks and that when a survivor dies we dont keep all our nectar. we also cant collect more than one vial in a game. we also dont share nectar between survivors, we also get maybe half a vial per game and then we take that same vial in game. i maybe get 2 in 4 games which take 20 minutes each. also last year we had double xp. we also last year had special items like the healing kit and the flashlight which i have not seen in any boxes the whole time i have been playing. by changing thier rarity did you make them harder to find then ultra-rare items or some #########? ######### fix this event else because being able to work for cosemetics but also buy them with money is just stupid.

Not sure whether to shake my head, laugh or cry

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Sigh, you're getting event cosmetics that're way better than anything before and you're also getting your choice of complete outfits. You've got 2 weeks to get it unlike other that have real life to deal with, school, work, family etc.

The devs decided that they'd put stuff behind a paywall for those that can't or won't get a chance to play due to real life and you're complaining about that. What about those in the military or police, fire , dr's etc who's schedule won't allow them to get stuff so easily.

It's not fair for them to get screwed over just because you or anyone else wants to have a non game changing item solely to themselves. What's even worse is you could be stuck with a normal BBQ gen event and a Kate cosmetic shirt and Billy style killer weapon cosmetic instead of the wonderful stuff they did.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    The game is still being developed, they need funding, it goes with reason that they would charge for some good looking cosmetics, be happy they've given you the chance to unlock a few of them for free. I'd much rather have the choice then forcefully given two Cosmetics I could care less about. And anybody willing to pay for an individual outfit, it must be nice to have that kind of extra cash. I'll have to settle for what I can earn.
  • SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Sooo, the event is harder this time round Work around it, maybe the devs wanted to challenge you rather than make the same thing as before. If you aren't getting enough because you're dying....adapt.That's not a get good statement, but if other people aren't having as much trouble, perhaps adjust your playstyle, pretty sure thats what the devs intended by giving an extra objectives?

If you can't or won't pay out for the cosmetics you only really have one choice, I kinda doubt their going to change the event parameters just because you demanded it.

With effort comes the reward.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    I NEVER play survivor. But in 24 matches I got 9 vials. If you optimize vials you'll get them just fine. 
    Find a plant harvest. Killer pulls you off? Die on the hook and move on to the next match.

Killer waits for me to finish? Crouch thank and let them get theirs. Maybe go for gens and try to escape but die on second hook and move on.

I think I'll be able to finish the survivor side soon ish and then get the rest as killer which should be much faster.

Working full time will make it close though. Killer main Survivor videos will be up soon lol
  • TheLegendDyl4n1

@powerbats said:
    Sigh, you're getting event cosmetics that're way better than anything before and you're also getting your choice of complete outfits. You've got 2 weeks to get it unlike other that have real life to deal with, school, work, family etc.

The devs decided that they'd put stuff behind a paywall for those that can't or won't get a chance to play due to real life and you're complaining about that. What about those in the military or police, fire , dr's etc who's schedule won't allow them to get stuff so easily.

It's not fair for them to get screwed over just because you or anyone else wants to have a non game changing item solely to themselves. What's even worse is you could be stuck with a normal BBQ gen event and a Kate cosmetic shirt and Billy style killer weapon cosmetic instead of the wonderful stuff they did.

i go to highschool and im in duel enrolment how am i supose to buy all these cosemetics because i dont have the time or money

• TheLegendDyl4n1

theres also a glitch with the survivor (i think its a glitch) were if you fill up your vial before you die you keep it.

• powerbats

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@powerbats said:

i go to highschool and im in duel enrolment how am i supose to buy all these cosemetics because i dont have the time or money

I'm not working due to a work related injury and I don't qualify for benefits still so i've got no money to buy them either. I'm only able to farm and I'm thankful for getting the opportunity to get to choose not 1 but 2 complete outfits.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    theres also a glitch with the survivor (i think its a glitch) were if you fill up your vial before you die you keep it.

Its not a glitch. They said if you only fill up a partial amount and you die, its gone. ie: you fill up 2/3rds the way and get about half or any part of the final 3rd but you die, you lose that progress. If it fills up completely, you keep it even if you die.

Several games ive had killers DC, and it cost me to lose the progress on my Vial even though technically I didn't die, and i got the 5k survival bonus... so yeah...

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RSB said:

Lol so salty.
  • Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    I finished all 30 survivor vials within 24 hours. I had the time to do so, but even if i did space it out, mechanics werent that bad.

Worst case i got one part of vial filled, so next game i saved my offering. Best case i went into games with offering and empty vial, harvested 3 plants then gave killer some hooks.

Killer vials, looks like im just gonna have to play a normal game to get them, but still wont be long personally, feel bad for people with little time.

I do agree,i would prefer the summer margaritas over flowers, HOWEVER i would like to see this mechanic introduced somehow as a permanent secondary objective.
  • powerbats

This is why we can't have nice things since everyone wants everything for free and wants it quickly. There's a reason they did it over 2 weeks so people could still do it and for those that are paying attention to history. If past events are a good indicator then those rushing now won't be rushing later since they can't get anymore thus leaving Nectar for everyone else.

• JimTheOrc
    JimTheOrc Member Posts: 20
    • the devs already eased everyone anger before the event started to be able to get 2 whole outfits rather than 1 - being unable to sabotage hooks during the event is good/normal, it's made of special flower anyways so it makes sense.
    • you don't lose that much vial when you die, in fact, I haven't noticed I lose any, I had 99% filled nectar, and the next match I only touched the flower for half a second and it was completed, so yes I do agree that you should get another vial if you've got a lot of nectar already

So you're only supposed to get 2 outfits this event, which is pretty standard, I kinda rather you wish there wasn't a cap and you could grind to get all the outfits but then people with your mindset would get even more pissed.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RSB said:

Lol so salty.

salty towards orion from other posts

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@powerbats said:
    This is why we can't have nice things since everyone wants everything for free and wants it quickly. There's a reason they did it over 2 weeks so people could still do it and for those that are paying attention to history. If past events are a good indicator then those rushing now won't be rushing later since they can't get anymore thus leaving Nectar for everyone else.

if i could farm 8 a day and be able to get all of them by the end of the event i would be fine but you cant even get all the cosmetics. also since i cant get any more nectar once i fill my vial i cant get my BP rewards for the nectar being taken and thus if everyone doesnt complete every nectar i dont get the extra BP for using the offering

• powerbats

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@powerbats said:

if i could farm 8 a day and be able to get all of them by the end of the event i would be fine but you cant even get all the cosmetics. also since i cant get any more nectar once i fill my vial i cant get my BP rewards for the nectar being taken and thus if everyone doesnt complete every nectar i dont get the extra BP for using the offering

You're not supposed to be able to get all 7 of the cosmetics, you get 2 high quality complete sets or you can mix and match. But you're basically looking a gift horse in the mouth and complaining it's not rich enough for you.

If this is the type of response you're going to give along with others they may just go back to doing 2 lesser quality cosmetics one for each side. You should count your lucky blessings they went all out on this event for the community as much as they did.

You should also be thankful that you can at least get some of the stuff unlike others who can't who're in the same situation as you but their intent goes out etc.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    edited October 2018

@powerbats said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@powerbats said:

You're not supposed to be able to get all 7 of the cosmetics, you get 2 high quality complete sets or you can mix and match. But you're basically looking a gift horse in the mouth and complaining it's not rich enough for you.

If this is the type of response you're going to give along with others they may just go back to doing 2 lesser quality cosmetics one for each side. You should count your lucky blessings they went all out on this event for the community as much as they did.

You should also be thankful that you can at least get some of the stuff unlike others who can't who're in the same situation as you but their intent goes out etc.

event items should only be avaliable threw the event because people who would rather buy the skins then actually play for them will buy them. i would be fine with this if they said the reason they needed more money was to add dedicated servers to thier game which badly needs them but alas we will never get them will we

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RSB said:

Lol so salty.

You hate @Orion because he doesn't agree with you?
  • TheLegendDyl4n1

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RSB said:

Lol so salty.

no because he replies to everyone of my posts and is always aginst me.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I'm glad the skins are on the store. They're pretty cool, it would suck to deny them to new players just because they weren't playing the game during a specific time period. I think more games should take this approach.
  • powerbats

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

Orion responds to a lot of my posts and doesn't always agree with me either, I don't tell them to screw off though.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@powerbats said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

Orion responds to a lot of my posts and doesn't always agree with me either, I don't tell them to screw off though.

but there is not one post he agrees on that's mine and he always has some bad thing to say about it usually not containing facts so i have learned to just not care what he says anymore

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

For starters, unless you're in your final year and you just turned 18 and bought the game recently, if you're in high school you're too young to be playing this game in the first place.

Also, as a few others have pointed out, the premise of your post is incorrect - 60 vials is the cap, because the devs have made it so you can only unlock 2 of the 7 outfits for free. Which kinda sucks, I agree, but 48 hours ago they were saying you could only unlock one outfit and then they changed it in response to community feedback, so count your blessings, my friend.

Point is though, your entire argument about how the event isn't long enough is built on the assumption that all the outfits are unlockable, which is false, therefore your post is a moot point.

• AyDoggie
    AyDoggie Member Posts: 48

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

I agree. They made it extremely difficult for survivors to get some of the rewards for this event. Then again, it is a mainly killer event. They're the ones with all the creative skins.

• powerbats
    edited October 2018

@AyDoggie said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

I agree. They made it extremely difficult for survivors to get some of the rewards for this event. Then again, it is a mainly killer event. They're the ones with all the creative skins.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Sometimes the logic used here just makes me wonder what's being taught in today's schools. 😜

Perhaps @Orion can explain it better my brain just can't come up with anything right now.

• Orion

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    but there is not one post he agrees on that's mine and he always has some bad thing to say about it usually not containing facts so i have learned to just not care what he says anymore

Your posts are usually poorly written and contain no facts anyway. If they were better, I'd agree with them. If you could stand disagreement, you'd be able to improve as well.

• Orion

@powerbats said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

He's simply unable to accept disagreement. If you're not always agreeing with him, the problem lies with you; not him.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

Don't forget. They were originally only going to give out 30 vials. Which would've taken half the time. People complained about this. Had they known that they were going to up it to 60 vials they probably wouldn't have made it as grindy.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RSB said:

The difference is, that Xbox is laggier and much less toxic, I've played on both and thats what I found out. Ps4 tho, that is another thing it's toxic as hell and on top of that most the players on ps4 can't loop a killer for too long. Some are uncatchable but most aren't

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Fibijean said:
    For starters, unless you're in your final year and you just turned 18 and bought the game recently, if you're in high school you're too young to be playing this game in the first place.

Also, as a few others have pointed out, the premise of your post is incorrect - 60 vials is the cap, because the devs have made it so you can only unlock 2 of the 7 outfits for free. Which kinda sucks, I agree, but 48 hours ago they were saying you could only unlock one outfit and then they changed it in response to community feedback, so count your blessings, my friend.

Point is though, your entire argument about how the event isn't long enough is built on the assumption that all the outfits are unlockable, which is false, therefore your post is a moot point.

and as I stated earlier I said I just realized 60 vials was the cap and they shouldn't have done that any way they should have put no cap on it and made it just a little easier to get vials.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@AyDoggie said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

ikr

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

Your posts are usually poorly written and contain no facts anyway. If they were better, I'd agree with them. If you could stand disagreement, you'd be able to improve as well.

because most of them are ideas or questions that don't require facts and on the ones i do i give facts you just don't care to notice them.

• Orion

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

because most of them are ideas or questions that don't require facts and on the ones i do i give facts you just don't care to notice them.

"That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."
    Have you ever heard that sentence?

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

I get a full vial nearly every game. Killer every 2. Give or take. That’s probably 85 total matches. Each match is about 12 minutes. 85x12 is 1020. That divided by 60 is 17. It takes roughly 17-18 hours to do this event. Or is the game personally discriminating against your incredibly egocentric self?

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

Everything requires facts. Emotions are pointless to debates. If you bring them in, you need to accept they will be challenged and beaten right back out. This isn’t identity politics with a bunch of children you poser.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

"That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."
    Have you ever heard that sentence?

my evidence is all my posts you have posted on. I'm not going to sit here and search through them all I'm just not going to care about the stuff you say