We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

What do you expect the devs to change if they would buff solo queue?

The last live stream where they had a Q&A, they answered a question where the person was wondering if they had any plans on buffing solo queue. Their answer was basically that they want to do subtle things if they would buff solo queue.

Therefore I'm asking you what your expectations are about what they would change about solo queue and how they would decrease the gap between solo queue and SWF.

Comments

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

I'm not entirely sure if they can "Buff" solo que. The only real "buff" I've taken notice of is improving kindred, but other than that i can't see how a "Buff" might work that won'[t be detrimental or game-breaking.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

A chase indicator already exists, just only for the obsession.

Kindred is a perk, rather than something that should be basekit, that would be 5 perks for having no friends. Think of having aura reading and meta all at the same time. But I guess that's swf anyway...

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,046

I obviously meant having a chase indicator which indicates for all four survivors. Why shouldn't solo queue get Kindred as a base kit? SWF already gets it for free. You're gonna have to sacrifice things in order to balance the game, it's just the way it goes.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,143
    edited December 2020

If you truly want to get solo close to swf, they would have to make every perks that becomes obsolete with comms basekit like kindred, bond, buckle up and so on plus an totem indicator.

This and maybe more followed by buffs for killer because they now would have to face potential coms supported swf all the time.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

The only way they are going to close the gap between solo and swf is if they add voice chat. We know that. They know that.

The only reason they havn't is because there is this dumb stigma that "language barrier's will be a problem" or "people won't use it". Which is stupid.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I feel like making kindred base kit is a lazy fix, or not the best one. I honestly feel like having kindred base kit is a bit too strong. I say this because kindred not only lets you see everyone, but it also lets you see the killer and can be increased in range with open handed. Now, I know that a coordinated SWF team on comms can pretty much have the same effect, but just immediately having the ability to have everyone see everyone (except for the killer unless they have BBQ) is incredibly powerful in solo queue. It would mean that every save would be coordinated or a good save, can you imagine this as a killer? I have experienced this as killer and it makes me feel like I am going against a SWF, but this could be good since most people don't play as well as normal without kindred. With kindred, it really does make a difference and I can see why people want it to be base kit. However, I still feel like the game needs to be more favorable to the killer before we consider giving survivors a fifth perk slot for free.

I wouldn't be aggravated if this was added into the game, but I just feel like there is a better fix to this. Maybe this could be another test for BHVR to do? Pfft, what am I saying, they would never do that.

• AggressiveFTW

I would really like to have the Buckle Up aura reveal as a base kit. It can be very useful in some situations. I know some ppl will tell me "Just use the perk, everything doesn't have to be base kit". However, I never use the perk because it's WAY too situational and you will be better off with using Unbreakable (which also is a little too situational for my taste).

• AggressiveFTW

As I said before, SWF already gets that perk for free lol. So how is it fair for them to have it as a free 5th perk slot but not solo queue players? Yes, you might think it is a lazy fix, I might think that as well, however, I think it is a necessary fix to the problem. I might not think base kit Kindred should reveal the survivor's aura, just the killer's aura if they are close to the hook.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

At least right now, I agree that it should not show the killer's aura to survivors since there are one too many weaker killers for the most part. This way everyone gets still gets a good amount of information without making it a little harder for the killer. This I would be fine with, but I would be fine with both honestly. There should still be some sort of creative fix though. But yes, I would be fine with this if it means there is a slightly higher chance of the Claudette in a corner coming to help me.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

Slugging affects also solos more than swf. They should remove aura reading with b&c when in diying state, and allow you to ######### when in diying state for 1 min. Slugging is a death trap for solos

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,282

Survivors are able to see the perks other survivors have at the lobby passively and also by opening the pause menu while in game similar to how offerings can be viewed.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

While I don't know if it's necessarily what they would do, the buff(s) I really want them to do would be to make more perks work for the full team, even when only one survivor is running it.

Kindred, Aftercare, and Better Together [situationally] do this, Open Handed always does this, perks with ranged team effects (Prove Thyself, Vigil, Streetwise, etc) do this, and a lot of really mediocre perks could probably be half decent if they were buffed to work like this too (such as Buckle Up, Visionary, No One Left Behind, and more).

Survivors probably shouldn't get any more self-sufficiency perks (a.k.a. "second chances"; the perks that usually become meta and then get complained about), but they could definitely see improvements to the teamwork aspect of their role through buffing some of these perks.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Queue times so you don't have to wait 20 minutes for a game. Though thats more a problem with the number of killers...so buff killers and make them less stressful by making the game take longer?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

they should add more icons to the icon HUD in the bottom left corner that show survivors what their team is up to.

stuff like "in a chase", "doing gens", etc.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

I think that would be more annoying than anything. It would probably look something like...

1: "In chase"

2: "Doing gen"

3: "Inside locker"

4: "Looting chest"

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Voice chat is only beneficial with friends. In Solo queue it would be annoying.

"Come save me you pos"

etc...

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    edited December 2020

I know that's a concern with VOIP but as long as there was a way to quickly mute teammates like alt/right clicking their icon on the bottom left to mute that problem is easily resolved. Also a way to turn voip off and on in settings.

But this has been suggested for years and they won't do it, which is incredibly annoying as just about every competitive online game has it.

But as far as any kind of 'buff' to solo q I don't think they'll ever do anything to buff solo q or nerf swf.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

Well, this is going to be out of left field.

Want to shorten queue?

Make killers more fun.

Hear me out.

If killers enjoy their games more, more will play.

More killers = more spots open meaning shorter queues in general.

More killers playing = more killers getting good.

More killers getting good = more killers across the ranks making queues better across ranks.

More killers across the ranks = less odds of smurfs coming to stomp lower rank survivors.

You don't have to listen to every killer idea, but shooting down all of them, even just QOL stuff isn't helping.

In the long run this will help survivors across the board.

Survivors should get some buffs. Base kit kindred for solos, maybe?

Maybe more perks that boost BP?

Honestly, aside from bad teammates, and low BP gains, I don't have a huge problem with survivors.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

it would provide solo survivors with knowledge on their team, which they can then use to coordinate a lot better than now.

and since the change we gotta come up with also shouldnt increase the strength of a SWF, i think this would be a good option.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

Fix matchmaking. No matter how much information you give some1 or tools, it doesn't matter if they don't use them.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Immersion. It would be a chaotic mess listening to four randoms. If everyone is muting then it serves no purpose.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    edited December 2020

3 other randoms. As I said, this is done in many other online competitive games and these sorts of issues aren't as big as you make them out to be. When voip is available many are afraid to talk on the mic anyways. But if you have somebody who is being obnoxious or cutting others off a quick mute feature is all that is needed.

I don't even want the killer to be able to hear the mic's. There should be no disadvantages to using VOIP over discord. This change wouldn't completely void out SWF's as people who know how to play well together and create team builds will always be superior but it would certainly be a positive change for the community as a whole.

• TheButcher

It's the fact the option is there. Then the dev's can balance around SWF and everyone is happy.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited December 2020

I think they need to stop nerfing killers and buff them a bit before they continue buffing survivors any further unless swf becomes a separate queue killers could choose to not use then buff away on solo and maybe duo survivors. but still don't expect some people to wanna continue playing as killers when they see mostly nerfs coming their way and mostly buffs going survivors' way, regardless if it ever 'feels balanced' or not since it's the taste it puts in some peoples' mouth. It's been a rough year for some people to feel the whole dbd community and dev crew has it out for you too basically. It doesn't matter whether or not it's true at this point, some people just lose the enthusiasm. whether or not we play dbd is something we have control over, and a lot of people will happily exercise that control after the moris I believe because of how ill timed it was as a patch in general and the year that a lot of them just had. Whend unking on a game and waiting for it's discussions to blow up is more fun than playing the game the game has a problem.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

I wish they'd add a ######### totem counter already. How is that hard? Add it to the UI of everyone, killer included.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Stop being delusional and add voice comms

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

Kindred base kit (except for killer aura)

Totems remaining indicator

These two changes are a great way to start buffing solo queue imo

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,050
    edited December 2020

The things that make SWF stronger are information and coordination. So, the way to bring solo survivors up to that level is by providing them more information and more ways to coordinate. Information like knowing if the killer is chasing another survivor (if the killer is chasing the obsession, then this information is given to you, so why not for any survivor being chased?). Information like how many totems have been cleansed (at least provide a counter with Small Game for god's sake). An option to coordinate without requiring comms (like a wheel that allows you to say certain stuff along the lines of "the killer is hard-camping me on the hook, just do gens").

You don't want to provide too much information, otherwise perks on both sides become useless. And you don't want to make it so that survivors are forced to use comms or else be severely handicapped (plus, an options wheel would allow players who speak differently languages to play together while comms would screw them).

Those are my feelings on it.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

killers keep seeing nerfs, just had moris removed from the game, and it's not going to help those queue times for killers to then watch survivors get buffed again no matter how useless the buff would be for swf since they often really on those solos the swf couldn't care less about or that are potatos to make their matches a little easier. And no, you aren't "better off without those kind of killers" LMFAO. All you will dealw ith would then be the sweat factories that would then make You want to quit sooner or later after sitting through long queues for that over and over.

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521

First one that HAS to happen is totem count indicator. Maybe not exactly, but maybe just a global sound when every totem on the map has been cleansed.

Also, MORE EMOTES. That is a must. Either that, or proximity based chat. I would love the latter, but either one works.

Kindred as base kit (without the Killer aura) would be great, and then they could make Kindred do something else related to being hooked.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,974

Make Kindred base kit.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I'd expect small changes that could make quite the difference. Voice chat gives you access to a butt load of information so the best thing to do would be to add more indicators to the game which can be done with the UI we already have.

For example, we already have an indicator that shows when the obsession is in a chase so they could make one that displays for everyone. This would lead to the others knowing that they are safe to do gens and whatever. So basically you could just change the survivor icon to reflect various things they are doing like gens, totems, opening exit gates and chests. Slap a bit of red on it to show that person is injured and that's some solid info right there.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

The devs ideas of "subtle" buffs to survivors are things like Demo being loud af announcing every hit, Deathslinger's gun shot being map-wide, the sound that plays when Victor has been released (which is such a cool sound btw). So things like making kindred's survivor aura reading a default mechanic (you know, actual QoL changes that would make survivor a lot less miserable?) aren't gonna happen.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

To nerf surv with friends, that lite rally broke the entire balance of the game with a team of 4.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

One buff solo survivors seemingly need is a reminder to do gens outside of chases.

Everytime I play survivor I see other survivors running around doing nothing. In fact I often repair a gen next to other survivors who will just walk past me as if they were checking out the map.

And no, they won't ignore me to do another gen. I notice that as I usually finish my gen, then repair the next gen up to 50% and other gens STILL won't pop in the meantime. Some people straight up ignore the objective as survivor.

Maybe AFK crows should pop up when you haven't touched a gen for 2 minutes (the timer should obviously reset when you get in a chase). That way people couldn't just urban evade around the map doing nothing all game.

• Crewszpoo
    Crewszpoo Member Posts: 28

Kindred basekit for all survivors and a complete rework of perk

• aorion
    aorion Member Posts: 12

I am sorry, is this discussion about... Buffing survivors? So you are trying to find a way to buff survivors without affecting swf or rank 1 bully survivors?

I would say, first, any advantages survivors get via communicating out of game, give those to solos. Ping system, more emotes, better UI, etc.

Then, since this trivializes communication so that everyone is on the same stacked playing field, balance the game around it. Survivors will need to be nerfed to compensate for the improved capabilities. Not s lot, because SWF isn't exactly an instant win button, but if EVERY game played like a SWF game, then it would be a nightmare. The killers would be more afraid than the survivors. Nobody would play killer and queues would get worse.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

A totem indicator would be nice and maybe the addition of kindred as basekit.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

That's not how it works. You can't make killer any easier than it is.

Why? Because this is an assymetrical horror game. The side with only 1 player should have more control in their hands but should be required to do alot more things, it just makes logistical sense. This is what killer is like now, sure it's harder than survivor but that's the price to pay for having ur team's efforts and more of the game in ur hands rather than relying on teammates and having far less impact on the game.

Infact I would argue killer is more fun these days because it feels like you are making a difference in the game and can win based on you're ability, rather than loosing to either a super sweat killer build or garbage teammates. There's a reason I only play survivor if I have a team to play with these days.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Add a totem counter & give us the ability to kick a Survivor away (with a cooldown) when getting farmed. Please.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

I don't think they'll buff solo queue, instead I'm almost certain they'll nerf swf, so I'll talk about that instead. I think they'll remove the sounds that killers make mapwide (for example demos tp, maybe nurses blinks when not in chase or when x meters away from the nurse, x being the maximum distance blink + the second maximum distance blink)

• AggressiveFTW
    edited December 2020

What are you talking about? They told us in the Q&A live stream that they weren't interested in different game rules depending on if you're solo or not. They also said that the map-wide killer sounds are there for that reason. Why do you say "certain" if you clearly haven't even listened to what they said in the Q&A?

• AggressiveFTW

How? Many ppl here seem to agree with having Kindred as base kit.

• AggressiveFTW

Who says that Insidious should be base kit? 😂 It also sounds like you don't have a real argument to why Kindred shouldn't be base kit.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I like not having to hear my teammates. Yes, solo queue is painful, but me telling them that I ran the killer for five gens and I'd appreciate it if you guys unhooked me from this face camping WRAITH won't make people be suddenly good at the game.

• TheButcher

If you ran the Killer for 5 gens, then your job is done. The dev's already said that dying so that everyone else can get away is a win for that survivor.

Survivors made their own rules, now follow them.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,699
    edited December 2020

I've always wanted the totem counter to be the DBD logo claw marks, located in the basement or another building on each map. So either role could saunter in and see how many are still burning. As a bonus insidious basement Bubba now has a chest and wall art to guard!