Cross your heart, have you ever gotten accused of hacking because someone didn't know perks?

2»

Comments

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

I'm not surprised so many players have mentioned Legion's killer instinct, I have been accused of hacking multiple times for finding survivors hiding behind rocks/trees/ inside lockers. Some also don't know legion can open lockers or pick up downed survivors while in frenzy so they start accusing me of a hack in endgame chat... It's actually really fun seeing how much survivors do not know about legion.

I also had a whole team complain about the fact that I deliberately exhausted them preventing the use of deadhard/ sprintburst etc. It's called Bloodecho and even after I said that they just kept screaming hacker.😅 BHVR must be really busy with al those false reports...

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

Yeah, I was playing Billy with BBQ obviously, against a streamer. And I always check their perspective after the match because I am a curious little fella.

They were green/yellow ranks so I was downing them left and right and a few times they were saying "He is hacking" while I saw them with BBQ. They weren't just saying it once, they were so extremely sure that I was hacking, it was funny. Then after I was commenting on their stream to check my Perks they said "nah, you couldn't find us like that with BBQ" and they were like "he is stream sniping". Yeah sure I am gonna stream snipe someone with 3 viewers like I have nothing better to do than that.

Then someone in the match got unhooked behind a hill, only saw the unhooked person run away so I thought, ok the unhooker is gonna be up or behind the hill, found him and guess what... I was hacking because I found her up the hill.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

Oh yeah, those are iconic as well. Grabbing someone out of a locker = wallhacking. Used Scratched Mirror once and I was also wallhacking.

But being accused of wallhacking after finding someone randomly or intentional in a locker, I had that quite a few times.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Oh, standing just the right distance away from a locker so Head On won't work is also hacking apparently.

• Uncharted
    Uncharted Member Posts: 136

My friend was playing killer on stream yesterday. He got matched against a two man SWF who accused him of cheating because he saw them with BBQ. They reported him in game then actively tried to take his twitch channel down. When I went in to one of the survivors' stream to explain to them how his loadout works, she called me a ######### nobody, said no one cares about me, called me trash and banned me from her stream.

LMAO

• palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118

I had 2 people accuse me of speedhacking as Charlotte when I had no perks or addons equipped because it was my first or second game. They were purple ranks too so I don't know if they just didn't know her power or if I just got bugged.

Weird thing is that I've been accused of it before but that was with pre-rework bubba. But that was when my internet wasn't as good so it could have made me look really laggy. But both times they just sounded so sure of it I got kinda spooked.

Only other thing I can think of for why they'd say that is they're just used to killers holding w behind them instead of cutting them off or something and just accuse every killer that does that of speedhacking.