No Need to Grind Out The Rift For Skins Anymore

These are in the shop now, now anyone can own them. Sorry for everyone who grinded out against the clock to tier 70 for these.

Comments

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Yeah I’m just letting people know it’s out now, a lot of users don’t seem to have Twitter or Instagram on here for news

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

They and the entire rift contents cost 1000 auric cells which translates to real life currency.

Not that I'm particularly bothered as they are both sitting on my cosmetic shelf gathering dust. If people want to buy them for earned currency all good.

• Dimek
    Dimek Member Posts: 286
    edited December 2020

I grindedΒ every single rift and I have no regrets - rift is easy to grind. So after 6 rifts i have +/-200 pieces of cosmetics and a lot of charms for 1000 auric cells.

This skin costs 1080 auric cells = 80 ac more than i spent on all rifts and it looks the same as 1 skin which was in 3rd/4th rift(?)

So yeah devs are so greedy and it is unfair to release these cosmetics after 1 year lmao.

TOME I

K 4 SETS + 2 PIECES

S 4 SETS + 2 PIECES

TOME II

K 4 SETS + 5 PIECES

S 5 SETS + 5 PIECES

TOME III

K 4 SETS + 5 PIECES

S 5 SETS + 5 PIECES

TOME IV

K 4 SETS + 4 PIECES

S 6 SETS + 4 PIECES

TOME V

K 4 SETS + 4 PIECES

S 5 SETS + 4 PIECES

TOME VI

K 6 SETS

S 7 SETS

https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/The_Rift

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Speshul_Kitten

Well some people got it sooner thanks to the post it seems. Again, who’s complaining and where? Try reading my post a little slower it might help :)

• Pulvoriser
    Pulvoriser Member Posts: 48

Cry me a river?

I've grinded out the last 3 rifts now and I think this is a fantastic idea. It's not going against anyone, two of those outfits are 50k shards which isn't exactly easy to just get. It's exclusively going to anger those who think they're entitled to exclusively having it.

Great update to those who missed it and have the shards needed to buy it.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

They released these to everyone because its a community made skin, thats like saying Trapper's deerskull mask should be exclusive

• CampMeToDeath
    CampMeToDeath Member Posts: 47

I don't see the problem with the outfits being released, especially since it's only shards and not cells? Plus it's not like other players can get the cool level 70 charms without grinding the rift.

Plus.. That Feng outfit isn't the best so I don't mind seeing her and as for Clown, love the Mr Puddles and it's his best imo so seeing it more would be great. ☺

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

I don't understand. Weren't they always in the shop?

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited December 2020

So explain what your post was supposed to be. Especially I would like your explanation for the line "Sorry for everyone who grinded out against the clock". That one doesn't sound very neutral to me.

Do you want to say "don't worry, you can waste 10th the time of money for each cosmetic, rather than getting them for playtime"?

"Sorry for everyone" doesn't seem like "alleviate stress", it seems more like "raising frustration". But I can try to read even slower

• JimPickens666
    JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326

"Free"

You know its intresting that this post has just turned into people unknowingly justified brining all those other "free" cosmetics from events or even handing everyone the old prestige outfits since they were FREE.

In a game that asks you to spend 200 hours to complete its battlepass time is pretty meaningless no?

Also FYI these community skins should be in the store its adding the others that's stupid

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Seriously, did anyone actually listen when they first came out?

We always knew that they would be available for Iridescent shards at a later date. And these skins were free, and didn't need tier 70.

• SunderMun

While I agree re: having no regrets, the rift isn't that easy to grind; it's time consuming as hell. They say 70 hours should be enough to complete it but it's more like 200 hours each, which is a ton to expect of most people.

The one exception I found to this rule, I don't recall if it was Tome III or IV; it felt like a pretty fair grind...and then they reduced the fragment drops from challenges.

• Speshul_Kitten

There you go being superstitious and Nanking nothing out of something. The apology was to those who tried to grind out the rift the last couple of days for the skin, probably losing interest in playing from overextending themselves.

But yeah I love the paranoia you have on these post it’s honestly hilarious :)

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

To be fair they were very ambiguous, only stating that some items may return. In fact for the first rift, they weren't even sure the direction they were going to take. I think even now the official stance is what? Minimum one year for some skins to return? Even now it's not really clear what is an exclusive and what is actually returning. I think this information is important for people to decide whether it's worth grinding the rift, even buying it. Some people just don't have the time but may grind it out or even purchase levels to get a skin that will later become available more widely. So as players we should absolutely expect clarity on what they intend to do with the content of each rift.

• Dimek
    Dimek Member Posts: 286

you are probably right about this.

i have 97.5h in the last 2 weeks so rift was easy to grind but for me. im sure 70h is not enough to complete 70 tiers (- tiers from challanges).

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    edited December 2020

They cost 1000 auric but if you do the rift you get all of that back. I used those cells to buy licensed characters that I would have had to spend real money on anyways. Even if you didn’t do any of the challenges you could have earned some of those skins just by playing every day. If you didn’t check the rift to see if you did or not well that is all on you.

• Nicholas
    edited December 2020

Doesn't Fortnite the grandpappy of battle passes not only pay you back but you make an extra few v-bucks in the process? Last I checked it was 950 to buy it and you got 1,500 in return. And everything in that season pass, all 100 tiers of items are permanently exclusive to that season? I haven't played in a long time so I don't know what the current battle pass system is like. For me the biggest issue is lack of clarity on what is going to be a forever exclusive to that rift and what may return at a later date. Armed with this information I can make a decision about whether or not I want to bother with the rift.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    edited December 2020

Actually... I do believe there should be a rift exclusive cosmetic at level 70, not just the charms. Like "thank you for completing the rift, here you have something special". Being that said, there are many games who rewards you with in-game currency even on the free track so it woould be nice to have at least 250 auric cells at level 68 in the free track, that motivates people to complete the rift and to pay for it. Also, there could be less cosmetics and more shards or bloodpoints, the free rift has many tiers with nothing but emptiness, needless to say that would benefit those who are paying for the rift either.

Also, a ticket that allows you to play with X character for a limited amount of time or matches sound nice. Those characters will have blocked the chance to reach level 30, so if the poeople like the character or its perks at least they have a way to try said character.

• CountVampyr
  • Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

The tone of the post is kinda backhanded -- it reads a bit "Hey look at this everybody, people who got these on the Rift are getting shafted!" I think this is why Aven is parsing it as a complaint.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

Remember people, in real life whoever has the most fun before the end wins =D

Might want to get that misery checked there. Cant be good.

• CountVampyr
    edited December 2020

Are you sure you’re responding to the right person? What did I post to suggest that I was miserable? All I said was that the money spent on the rift just went to things I would have had to pay money for anyways, with the added benefit of gaining extra stuff.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

It's the second time I see someone say that "it wasn't clear" wether the Rift rewards were coming to the store or not, and honestly I have no idea where you guys see the ambiguity in the sentence "nearly all content from each Rift will eventually arrive in the Store"

I mean yeah you could argue "bUt It SaYS nEarlY aLl CoNteNT" but I'll go out on a limb and say that only charms will stay exclusive of the Rift, and sooner or later all the other skins are going to be released in the store, because yeah, they said "no more exclusive cosmetics" and they should be sticking that rule.

https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/welcome-to-the-archives

• Nicholas

First that statement you posted, was way after the rift started. The original statement was like two sentences in FAQ. Next time read a little closer, the ambiguity I was referring to is the fact that they are not distinguishing between the content that will return and won't. In other words what is going to remain exclusive to each rift. That's what I was referring to, it would be nice to have an official designation or icon that says this item is exclusive to the rift and the other items may return. and since we're going all the way back to the beginning, here's the official artwork and the word exclusive cosmetics. Yet all of those cosmetics have come back or are about to come back. So yes there's some ambiguity.

• Lycidas

The page I posted was published the 10th of August, and the first Rift was opened the 30th of October, IDK where you live, but here August comes way before October.

So what you're saying is that you'd prefer to have a "Hey, this is coming to the Store sooner or later" icon without knowing WHEN that skin is going to be added to the store? And you think that it would be perfectly fine for them to add that specific skin 1 year and a half later since they didn't specify the date? How do you think that would sit with people?

• SunderMun

Exactly, and that's honestly my only issue: they repeatedly told us they want us to average about 1 hour a day and still get it, even if we still have a couple of challenges left. It's not reasonable, imo, for a game that already has an insane grind. I think the fact they gave us two free tiers and an extra weeks suggests they maybe realised not that many people were actually on track to complete it in time.

• Nicholas
    edited December 2020

Now you're trying to be insulting but it won't work. You misread my statement and now stumbling all over the place, so I understand the attempted obfuscation. Like I said, next time read more carefully prior to replying. I was talking about the FAQ which was also unclear on exclusives. The page you reference is still ambiguous. "Most" and "nearly" are meaningless terms and not clear. That was my point. Not the fact that most items will return, just the point that we don't know what is exclusive. And yes I think being forthcoming about exclusives is better than not knowing anything. The current system is most items will return min 6 months later, the information gap is that we never know anything, not even the exclusives.

• SunderMun

They originally stated they'd not be permanently exclusive well before the first tome actually came out.

• Nicholas

Actually, they never said that. They did say some items would be exclusive, that is a main selling point of The Rift. They've also said most and nearly all will return but that still doesn't address my point: what is actually exclusive to each Rift? No one knows.

• Lycidas

Stumbling? πŸ˜‚

It may be ambiguous, sure, but I still think that if BHVR was to add the icon you want to the rift cosmetics there was going to be a ton of complaints which would look like

"You said this was coming to the store, why it is not here yet? The Rift has closed 2 years ago! You lied to us!"

So yeah, they chose the less harmful one by saying "Most of this content will come to the store at some point, but you can get it right away if you want it" (basically for free if you play enough, may I add)

• Nicholas

You're right about the complaints and that is a concern lol However that complaint can even happen today and it has happened. So establishing the exclusives wouldn't change that, it would only accomplish players knowing with certainty what is never returning. It could be worded like this: Most items will return in as little as six months, however, The Goddess Queen Zarina is a Conviction Exclusive and will never be made available again. This will be your only chance to acquire it!

That is very clear and concise and specifies the exclusive(s) for that rift.

• Lycidas

And those complains were shot down pretty quickly with the "Yeah they never specified which skins or when they were coming back, maybe if they are so important next time you can grind the rift?"

Consider as well the fact that saying "This skin is esclusive of the Rift" would bind BHVR to that decision, and that could backfire easily if they were to release them because the community presses them or give them to everyone like they already did (not that it was a justified behaviour, be aware)

As per today's Rift, I think the right approach is to consider everything as "rift exclusive" before evaluating wether it's worth grinding for it or not, since you cannot be sure of WHEN the cosmetic is coming to the actual store. It could be 6 months, it could be 2 years, it could be never.

• Nicholas

As would any others going forward. The point you make is exactly why I think we need advanced confirmation of exclusivity. User demand or mind changing wouldn't be an option. This is how every other Battle Pass works, Fortnite has 100 Tiers of forever exclusives to that Pass and they pay you 550 V-Bucks back. So it's free plus you make about USD $5. Other games either also make everything exclusive or they at least outline the exclusives for that pass and what will return. These games have no problems with content bc it was clearly outlined. Today's rift is the right approach for BVHR but not the players, it gives them immense freedom and flexibility to return anything at any time after six months on a whim. It also eliminates the incentive for the segment of players driven by exclusivity.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Well, if we disagree on that one, I guess one of us needs to think about proper understanding of some rhetocital tools

• Lycidas

BHVR's approach is actually better because it deals better with FOMO compared to fortnite's, because in fortnite as far as I can tell if you don't complete the rift you are done, never again you will be able to get what you missed, which sucks.

With DBD you might have a chance of getting what you missed even if you didn't complete the rift

I actually prefer DBD's battle pass from what you described (I don't play battle royales, so I trust you on Fortnite)

• Nicholas

Yeah FOMO is a good point but then that would beg the argument that everything should return and absolutely nothing should be exclusive. Yet that isn't what's being discussed. So we know that some items will be exclusive, and I think it's better just to identify them so people can decide whether it's worth it or not to pursue the rift. however it's a really good point, and I know a lot of people hate that concept in games. I personally am not sure what to think, I like the idea of exclusives but I also understand the feeling of being forever locked out of content. I'm not sure but I do like the idea of knowing in advance what will stay exclusive and it doesn't change anything about the existing experience.

• SunderMun

Actually, they did.

The charms are exclusive. Everything else is essentially early access for people who grind the rift. And for much less grind and Auric Cell cost than they would be in the store.

• Nicholas

I'm not interested in subjectivity about the perceived value proposition. Just strictly interested in the exclusivity information. I remember reading that the charms were exclusive, but have they stated that officially? Afaik the skins remain ambiguous, some are subject to return but others will remain exclusive. Thus my point still stands.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

Rift cosmetics premium or not aren't exclusive. People that obtain rift cosmetics have it early access style compared to those who couldn't obtain it. Tbf it does take a few months to drop old releases.