Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Scariest killer?

Who do yall think is the scariest? Imo It's Oni. When that thicc boi gets his power, and starts thoomin around the map, I about crap myself.

Creepiest though is Huntress. That humming gives me chills.

Comments

• I hate going against Pyramid Head, oni, and Billy

At red ranks they scurry

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

I'm sorry for trying to make every Demogorgon my pet, but did this really need an intervention?

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

The killers who scared me a lot at their release were Billy, Michael, Piggy, Demogorgon and now Twins. But unfortunately I get used to them after playing some hours :'D

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

The only "scary" killers are those that allow me to feel threatened.

Killers that make me feel threatened are: Nurse, Deathslinger, PH, Spirit, Hag

Everything else makes me go:

"initiate auto-pilot-looping protocol"

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

You forgot trapper.

Every patch of grass could have a trap hidden inside it.

Makes you paranoid

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Haha yeah you're right. Can't believe I forgot about him. Or maybe I just tried not to think about his darn traps that still manage to make me jump to this day.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

For me it's Oni, because against a good Oni player, chases are just over the second he sees you, no matter how far away you are.

Scary in terms of "so immensely aggravating that part of my soul dies because I just know I'm not going to win or even last long, I hate this killer" is Deathslinger, and Executioner is pretty high on that list too.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Scary to me is "Jump Scare".

For that reason, it's Hag or Scratch Mirror Myers. Pig/Ghosty on occasion, but the "BLEAAR!!!!!" of Hag is unbeatable!

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Tier 1 Michael Myers, 100%. It's like being in an actual horror movie.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,214

The only Killer to make me legitimately scream in fear was the Pig who was three feet away when I decided to look behind me.

Hag's Phantasms and Michaels and Ghost Faces out of nowhere sometimes make me jump, but that Pig still haunts me.

• CampMeToDeath
    CampMeToDeath Member Posts: 47

Mikey for 10000% sure, when you hear that DUN DUN or the tier 3 music that's when ######### goes down and panic mode activates. .. Gets me everytime! 😆

Wraith can be scary too depending on how he's being played.

Trapper now since almost all maps makes his traps unnoticeable.. *coughs* new Mc Millian and Autohaven. ☺

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,935

For me it's the Hag, it's always the Hag - she's my nemesis in game (and no, I'm not talking about Nea!).

She freaks me out every single time, I set traps off and still jump despite having played the game since release...I remember the day that Hag was released and my first game against her, and I have never jumped so much.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,896

Daddy Myers. Whether its jump scare Mikey or just regular. He always has the power to instill fear with just a glare.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

I'm not really scared of any killer, dbd just isn't really that scary to me.

• TheKnowlesFam
    TheKnowlesFam Member Posts: 63

Jumpscare Myers IS THE SCARIEST. Gettin' YANKED off of a Gen 5 seconds into the game makes me scream like a little girl.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Myers.

Imagine having on a really good noise cancelling headset and you're working on a gen before hearing 'INHALE, EXHALE' on 100% volume, then you turn around and see this beautiful beast

God of nightmares right there.

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254
    edited December 2020

Well I know who is the least scary for me...the twins. I cant help but laugh every time I see or hear victor come scurrying up. But yeah any of the sneaky killers like myers, ghostface and the pig can be good for jump scares.

• TrialByFire476
    TrialByFire476 Member Posts: 100

I don't really find any of the killers scary anymore, but I have been jumpscared by Ghostface and Myers before. Good times.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Rank 1 Huntress. You don't even have to face her directly. You just hear a noise from across the map.

'HUA!' Suddenly a survivor is injured.

'HUA!' Two seconds later the survivor is down.

Okay. That's unfortunate I guess.

You don't hear anything at all, except the noise of a hatchet flying through the air as it connects with you while you're on a generator.

There's a sinking feeling in your stomach. More dangerous than the Nurse. It's a Rank 1 Huntress.

There's five gens to go, but all you can do is stare at the exit gates. You now hear the hum.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

A killer that knows what they're doing so I have to actually concentrate are the scary ones. They're not that common though. From my experience Blight and Billy players are the ones who are usually the best at running tiles. Michaels also get an honourable mention. Most Deathslinger, Spirit, Nurse players etc know how to end loops but I don't feel threatened or scared when it's almost completely out of my control. It's just "oh cool, I'm down in 20 seconds and there's nothing I could do about it. Nice"

• Oni definitely. Especially when he activates his power. Honestly he’s the only one who fills me with genuine fear

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

The Twins. Victors noises are just scary and when I hear them I get spinechills for real.

Also Deathslinger: Your out of chase, you heal somebody and suddenly the shot ripps through the air and your friend gets dragged to that fiend. Scary...gameplay wise and horror wise.

Blight gets an honorable mention, but only when he uses his True Blight skin. That thing looks like it crawled out of the abyss and is a fine piece of horror.