How’s everyone feeling about new billy

Phasmamain
Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I don’t know about everyone else but I’m quite a big fan of new billy. His new add ons are fun and fit his lore well. His overheat mechanic isn’t a problem for experienced Billys and if you hate you can run add ons to nullify it. Also his chase music is really good

Comments

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Chase music great.

His base saw manuverability is terrible boots do a lot to help.

His overall prescence has massively dropped for me.

His overheat mechanics is really poorly executed since it effectively killed the main reason i used billy which is flying across the map doing crazy curves. Now i feel like if im gonna use my saw it has to gain value.

Most of the quirky add ons dont work and the overheat addons feel like were - 1 add on slot.

For old billy players its pretty horrible and a lot of long time billy players are very upset. Nothing added and a lot was taken away dosent help it coincided with blight which feels like a deliberate decision.

Inconclusion billy got done dirty. Most people moved on and the poor boy is likely to remain in this not underpowered but just lesser in a lesser state. Not happy

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

The add-ons are fun and the music is great, but like others have been saying, the overheat mechanic is quite intrusive and is a major turn-off for me. I rather play other high-speed killers instead, who accomplish the same thing as Hillbilly, or better.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited December 2020

My thoughts? ...

No.

They still haven't fixed his animations that they completely butchered a year ago. They just swept it under the rug and have acted like it never happened.

and then nerfing the cooldown rate from 5 to 3.8 a week after release even though everyone was mostly fine with the changes was completely dumb. Seriously, why nerf it a second time? Were the devs just bored one day and wanted to change some numbers around? Was the nerf supposed to do something? Because it didn't. It just made Billy ever so slightly more tedious.

I'm fine with the overheat on his chainsaw. In fact in some ways it was a good thing. It stopped facecamping with the saw fully revved and a few other things, but some decisions like the second cooldown rate nerf, and the fact that it takes up 8 charges just to start a rev made me lose confidence in how they balance this game (and looking at several of their perk changes and the Twins, I was right with my doubts. Although they did finally change moris which was cool)

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

"New Billy" is basically old Billy without add-ons because while the reworked add-ons might be fun they're nowhere near the power level of the increased charge speed add-ons, which was what everyone ran.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Overheat sucks, and he feels way more clunky to use (imo). I don't like him very much. The add-ons could have used changes, sure, but I think his basekit was perfectly fine. They just made him a less fun version of himself. Oh, and that roar is terrible.

Gone but never forgotten.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I dislike that he roars EVERY time you use the chainsaw... it's super annoying after the 100th time.

• Androuruguayo99
    Androuruguayo99 Member Posts: 55

It sucks. I would have a problem with their new mechanics if they had kept the old animations. Why were they necessary? They are horrible. Also that scream every time he starts to run, why?

Most of their addons are boring and some depend on the survivor to do something which is ridiculous

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Just play survivor and you’ll find out how much people like Billy now

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Trash.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Sucks ass. Should have gotten an addons nerf, nothing else.