Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Please killer mains stop crying about the mori nerf, it was needed and you cant change my mind

jaltonTT
jaltonTT Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 18
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

Im sick and tired of people who say keys are a free escape when they are not, you have to work for them unlike moris

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• jaltonTT

Lol moris are bad lololo

• jaltonTT

trash moris buff keys and legion

• jaltonTT

I agree but i wish the mains would stop complaining

• jaltonTT

tbh they didnt take the nerf too far honestly its still a lil op but now killers actually have to use skill btw buff decisive and legion

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I have an opinion. Change it.

does anyone see how obtuse my statement is?

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Only being able to Mori on death hook is borderline worthless.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

please don't cry when queues become long, it's necessary and you won't change their minds

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Worthless? Mhm, yeah it sure is..

-Ignores DS, saving you a literal minute/an additional chase from being stunned. Game-changing.

-Ignores sabotages or body block efforts

-Ignores UB

-Ignores Soul Guard

-Ignores survivor(s) trying to rescue the downed survivor.

Man, it sure is borderline worthless. An offering able to counter DS when no other perk can isn't even borderline worthless, its strong. But yeah sure, let's bandwagon the hate train and cry about how useless it is now because it doesn't give killers free wins anymore.

-Killer main BTW before u hit me up with that ''omg suvivor maiN hue hue''

• Zaytex

DS/UB are not ''uber specific examples''. They're a very common perk combination ran in most games, and as a killer, you pretty much deal with them every single game and at worst, can be facing four survivors with it.

We all know how powerful DS/UB is, so let's not act like AN OFFERING that lets you bypass these two perks and immediately eliminate the survivor is bordeline worthless. Let's be realistic and acknowledge how mori's are still powerful, but not a free win anymore.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited December 2020

No, they didn't.

@QwQw yes, many people are complaining about it.

• EvanSnowWolf

Those two, no. But I don't care about Decisive Strike and Unbreakable is irrelevant to a Mori.

"But what if someone leaps from the bushes at the last second and gets a full sabotage action on the hook you wanted?!"

... is waaay too specific s condition for literally the most expensive item in the bloodweb.

• Zaytex

I'm guessing it's irrelevant because you can't find a counter-argument but still need to tell everyone that mori's are useless despite that being completely misinformed?

• EvanSnowWolf

The arguments being made for it are tiny.

Explain to me the relevance of Unbreakable if I down you and want to kill you. The perk only does anything if I walk away.

Decisive Strike means nothing if I haven't had you on a hook for the last 59 seconds.

These are both extremely avoidable situations unless the Killer in question is tunneling hard.

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

Ebony Mori's needed a nerf. But they could have at least let the green one stay how it was. There is no real reason anymore to use a Mori because it doesn't pressure survivors. The only time where it could be useful is in the endgame when someone gets unhooked in the struggle phase and has DS. But that's just too situational.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

As others have said, no one thinks it was a bad thing, they just could've timed it with keys as well. As we all know, a mori discussion is also a keys discussion and vice versa.

• LeleLP
    LeleLP Member Posts: 153

Because that’s all they needed. Keys and Moris have to completely different requirements. Keys you have to work for. Moris you hook someone once you find them again and you can remove them from the game. Keys you have either be the last survivor or have to get all gens done. Keys need a lot more work which devs and mods have stated several times and people just outright refuse to wrap their heads around it. It wasn’t a lazy change it was the only change they needed plain and simple.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

They needed a nerf. Not a complete gutting.

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

How does a mori counter Unbreakable? If the killer wants to to mori you, you die. Same goes for regular hooks.

A mori does counter decisive but these conditions are way too specific. It only works if the killer tunnels a survivors off the second hook and gets them down within a minute. I am sure the community does not want an offering that is made for tunneling.

Moris that are suppsed to counter ONE single perk under special conditon are laughable.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Killers are pissed because the devs, like always decided that keys were fine and killers can deal with keys while moris HAD to be nerfed IMMEDIATELY. It helps when we dont want to say there is bias but bhvr just keeps undermining the people who defend them.

Dont tell me that keys are harder to code, if they needed that much more effort then wait to nerf moris and do both at the same.time. that is not acceptable

• TheKnowlesFam
    TheKnowlesFam Member Posts: 63

OBJECTION.

I STILL GET MORI'ED. That means the nerf wasn't hard enough. (JUST KIDDING) As a killer, I don't play to mori people. I play to have fun and goof off. Mostly to win, but like people have said countless times mori's don't give you as much bloodpoints as actually hooking everyone 3 times.

As a survivor, look mann I still get mori'ed. All the time. I think they should ramp up mori's and make them more like bloody party streamers. Everyone who get mori'ed get extra blood points and the killer also gets like 100% extra blood points or something

"MAKE MORI'S MORE WHOLESOME 2021"

• Zaytex

I was including UB as it is usually used with DS.

Also, the whole discussion around killers just needing to ignore DS is such a flawed argument. I've been saying it over and over and will probably continue to do so, but letting survivor(s) do what they want for an entire minute (2 hooks, four survivors = 8 minutes of DS) is just handing the game over to the survivors and expecting the killer to NOT do their objective. You can't expect killers to ignore survivors, nor can you have survivor perks that give them invulnerability because it's beyond broken.

You can ignore them, but doing so against very good survivors is just asking to lose the game. Hence why red mori's are actually really strong, because it allows you to bypass the second uptime of DS and remove them from the game ASAP, whereas without it, you're forced to slug them, or just let them get away since DS/UB makes them invincible.

I was including UB with DS as they are used together, and mori's don't require a pick up/slug to eliminate a survivor, bypassing both perks.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    edited December 2020

Extinction level key nerf, coming soon to a patch near you.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608

It was needed yeah but it still needs to be changed. The nerf didn't make a difference for me playing killer. I usually mori'd after 2nd hook anyways or if someone is trying to use DS aggressively instead of just running off. As survivor I've seen enough people abuse mori to know it is far stronger than a key no matter what anyone says.

Some ideas I have:

• One, make moris not be inferior to hooking when it comes to points.
    • Allow match progress to make it so you don't have to kill someone after a second hook. That could be that X gens are done or a time requirement. Moris late game were never an issue it was tunneling early.
  • eff
    eff Member Posts: 154

How- how tf is catching a survivor and hooking them isn't working for a mori, lol? Please tell me it's just a bait.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited December 2020

you cans it around and hide like a coward with a key the whole f***ing game too while everybody else takes the risks to get the generators done enough and die enough to get the hatch to spawn for you to use thats tupid key. That's a whole lot of work 'required' by it. Well I guess if you count the rest of that team's work.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

People aren't mad about the mori nerf, they are mad that it came before the key nerf. Had both things been nerfed at the same time, there would be FAR less backlash.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Key should have been nerfed just like mori.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

it was a lazy change and here is why:

mori = removing survivor from game that means 3 survivors left, only need 4 gens to be completed now mori a second now only 3 gens have to be done so the key now only requires minimal effort and this is usually done before the killer can truly pressure the survivors and suddenly all they have to do is find that hatch with the key they brought in. once found two get out and the killer can do nothing to stop it. at minimum one gets out because killer is right there to close the hatch but more than likely the killer is not there and two get out easy peasy and they might not even be the ones that did the work to get 3 gens complete.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

So you're saying Survivors are all bums and doing gens isn't needed in this game.

• Shirokinukatsukami

Not to mention getting yourself into a position to use keys is usually suboptimal play. You are basically screwing your teammates and not doing gens. You might escape but you were doing the killer a favor and the killer has a much better chance of killing your teammates. So killer gets a 3K instead of 4K.

I don't get why people like to pretend Moris and Keys are the same. They are similar but the power of one is substantially greater than the other.

There is no bias. You are just cherry picking nerfs you don't like.

The Survivor side has received far more nerfs and much more severe ones than killers since the game launched. Moris are "useless?" How about Toolboxes. Toolboxes are utter junk now. At least Pink Moris still work great against a meta perk (DS). Toolboxes are so bad their best use is Sabo of all things. And that's just toolboxes. There are tons of other huge game-changing nerfs that were done to survivors since the game launched 4 years ago.

If you want to talk bias there is a fair argument that the devs are biased towards killers. But I wont even make that argument. The devs are doing what needs to be done to make the game better. They're not always perfect but pretending the devs are biased is just your own bias speaking.

• Shirokinukatsukami

Be thankful you even have an offering that can counter a meta perk.

Survivors don't have a single offering that counters anything.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

no but it is one possible thing that can happen, someone who doesn't do anything gets out because of a key and hiding.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

I literally brought up, one nerf, the mori nerf. And yeah, that was biased, they could have announced before hand they were doing it seperately, they could have WAITED to od both at the same time. Instead of looking at the facts you scream "BUT MAH TULBUXES, BUT KULLERS HAVE IT EZ MORIS STILL OP BEAT DS." If you like the mori nerf thats fine, if you dont thats also fine, but look at both sides.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

Considering you're the person responding to your own thread 9 out of 10 times, I doubt anything can change your mind. And I don't care what you think. It doesn't mean it's right.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

It really is borderline useless. The survivor has had 2 chances for DS... Obviously you're not tunnelling if they still have it.

Unbreakable isn't even an argument if decisive isn't. So if you've tunneled out DS already UB isn't a factor and if you're not tunneling ds will be inactive by the time you down them.

However a Mori animation takes longer than hooking on average hook distance.

Mori gives you less points.

So yeah, pretty useless

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

No keys are Just as braindead when gens are insanely fast (talking about pink key).

For moris you are also still working for it because you have to down the survivor.

• AzazelTheFallen
    AzazelTheFallen Member Posts: 17

You keep bringing up DS/UB combo

So ok sure, let's ignore that DS only activates within a minute of the survivor being unhooked, if you downed them and are afraid of DS you are obviously tunneling bc you arent going after the person that unhooked them, now you cant pick them up without eating a DS and you cant slug without them using UB but that is your fault, you downed them and then let the person that unhooked them go without giving chase if you chased the person that unhooked them after downing them they would be forced to either use UB or wait for someone to come and pick them up all the while you are chasing the other surv, that is at minimum 2 survivors not on gens. I'm not sure how long it takes UB to work like 12 seconds or smth? So you have them recovering for 12 seconds, lets say it takes them 6 to get to a gen and start working on it. But that doesn't really matter cuz in those 20 seconds you most probably would score a hit on the person that unhooked them or even down them if u hit them while they were unhooking. But this brings up a question, you are complaining that "They have a minute to do whatever they want" if it's not the endgame, as in, if the gates aren't open, why not just eat the DS? You are clearly tunneling them, so eat the DS and down them and hook them, yes you could avoid it with a mori but thats only if its their last hook, and if the exit gates are open mori-ing them could even hurt you somewhat, lets assume they were just unhooked, they have DS and UB and they are far away from the gate....why would you mori them, the second you mori them that door that was 99-d is gonna open and all other surv's are gonna escape if u leave them slugged tho their teammates (if they arent a swf on coms) wont know they have UB and they are going to come and try to help them, dont leave them but dont stand on them either, if they pick themselves up depending on a killer it could be a 5-10 seconds chase depending on how far away you were when they did it. Also...why not just eat the ds's early on? There is no reason not to eat a DS on someone's first hook if you are so determined to seeing them die. As for your "Avoids body-blocking/saboing/flashlight saves/whatever" it does do that but that, again, doesnt help you too much. Mori's on average take around 11 seconds, some are shorter some are longer, in those 11 seconds you could have picked them up, gotten them to a hook, hit anyone whos trying to body block, if you were looking at the hook you could see someone trying to sabo and you could just turn away to find another hook. Besides you know mori's are useless when they became a part of a killers base-kit, PH can mori you without a mori, DH, Rancor or any other perk that I might be missing.

• AzazelTheFallen
    AzazelTheFallen Member Posts: 17

Yes...I completely agree, how dare they make me do my ONLY objective (gens) for me/most/all of my team to escape without opening the gates/doing even more gens. The truth is you are going to do gens no matter what, you have to. Keys are a free escape because well...if you had someone suicide on the hook, a killer tunnel somebody, a dc or anything of the like you only have to do 4 gens, -1 for every person dead, so 2 people could be dead you have 2 gens left you find the hatch and you and your other teammate escape. Alternatively, lets say ur playing against...a trapper with NOED, all 4 of you are alive, he trapped his totem, he trapped the exit gates, you have a key, all you have to do is find the hatch and your entire team can escape right under his nose. The ONLY work you have to do is spend time looking for hatch, and lets be honest if you are running a key and playing swf one of your friends will run a map just so they can find a hatch for you to open

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

What do you mean no perk can counter that? Devour hope counters it

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

I agree they needed a nerf. Most people do. But now if you down someone that you can Mori, and there's a hook right next to them, it's faster to just hook them.

It's the equivalent of only being able to use a key to open the hatch after the exit gate is open. They're already going to die, why bother?

And skill? It takes no more skill to tunnel someone twice than it does to tunnel them once.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

I just said that "working" for keys is a laughable Argument. Nothing else.