Could a dev atleast acknowledge the matchmaking issue for killer ?

aure
aure Member Posts: 40

Since the last rank reset, i take 30 min to find a game as killer, everybody complaint about it on reddit, on steam and on the official forum, but the devs stay silent about it

is it because of the rank reset ? because of the event ? because of a bugged matchmaking ?

a few months ago, it was already a pain in the ass to find game as rank 1killer, so it can't be because of the event of the recent survivors nerf

could a dev at least say that they are aware of the issue ?

Comments

• TheShowtime7
    TheShowtime7 Member Posts: 22
    People quit playing because of killer complaints. Knew this day was gonna come. If it was lobby issues the devs would of fixed it by now. 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@TheShowtime7 said:
    If it was lobby issues the devs would of fixed it by now.

Haha, sure.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

I mean, it just depends on the time of day for me. At night I find a match in seconds, during the day however takes several minutes.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    It's weekend. Don't expect anything until Monday. 
  • Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    edited October 2018
    There's just a larger than average group of people playing killer because you have to in order to get all your vials. Nothing more nothing less I'd assume. 
    Post edited by Cetren on
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Cetren said:
    There's just a larger than average group of people playing kinder because you have to in order to get all your vials. Nothing more nothing less I'd assume. 
    Correct. I even suspect that it will get worse  once survivor mains have maxed their vials. 
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@TheShowtime7 said:
    People quit playing because of killer complaints. Knew this day was gonna come. If it was lobby issues the devs would of fixed it by now. 

Weird people kept saying survivors would quit with the patch....

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@purebalance said:

@TheShowtime7 said:

Weird people kept saying survivors would quit with the patch....

And that’s the problem! There are way too many people playing killer, there’s not enough survivors to go around

• aure
    aure Member Posts: 40
    edited October 2018

yes

Post edited by aure on
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

I am feeling the pain right now aswell. I have my survivor vials. You can get into a survivor match in under a minute but now i need my killer vials and here i sit hoping for a damn lobby. I guess this gives me a chance to study for exams while i wait lol

• Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293

@aure said:
    Since the last rank reset, i take 30 min to find a game as killer, everybody complaint about it on reddit, on steam and on the official forum, but the devs stay silent about it

is it because of the rank reset ? because of the event ? because of a bugged matchmaking ?

a few months ago, it was already a pain in the ass to find game as rank 1killer, so it can't be because of the event of the recent survivors nerf

could a dev at least say that they are aware of the issue ?

here is the base issue at hand . if there are 50k players and they are split evenly between killer and survivor , you end up with ever survivor being able to play in one of 6750 matches while 18250 killers sit in que . not if you take and separate them into ranks this can make things much worse or easier depending on the numbers .

then you add in things like dbl bp event and release of a new killer , this brings more killers into the game . now add in the event we are running . because its so survivor friendly and so-so killer sided you have a lot of hardcore survivors at 30/30 on day 1 and 2 , so now they are playing killers to get their 30/30 there . this hurts in 2 ways , it ups the amount of killers but also lessens the survivors thus having more of a double effect .

before people say im biased im not , I was 30/30 survivor in less then a day and a half , 10 on killer but that is because I will play killer in the early am hours to get near insta ques but very few hooks . a killer needs 4 offerings per match to even get a full vial and that is if he hooks someone on each of the 6 hooks , survivor needs 2.5 petals for a full vial so in basics they only need 1 offering to get a full vial . of course there are a lot of matches that don't work out like that because of multiple survivors on different flowers at once , but the math is correct .

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

The issue is SWF. I downranked to R14 and I basically get instaques but there's survivors R2 or even R1 queuing with R15-20 survivors resulting on them being not in the R1 pool.