Why are we as Survivor Mains immediately salty and toxic at the end of a game?

So just some background. I'm a survivor main, yes I claudette and yes I'll lick bricks to hide sometimes! What I try to not do is but dance and taunt a killer though and I especially hate the idea of snapping off against a killer at the end of a game. If he got me, good match! HOpefully I learn and do better next time. If I got away, also good match!

Tonight I've been trying killer out and wow, I now understand what Killers mean by survivors ruin games. We're awful. I can't imagine wanting to keep playing this game as a killer. It has nothing to do with being looped or juked, I suck as a killer and expect it. What I mean is at the end in the chat, the sheer salt when someone dies or taunts, EZ you suck etc etc.

We're just awful.

Comments

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    edited October 2018

I think it has something to do with the fact that, and this'll sound cheesy but hear me out, your character goes through what seems like actual pain which triggers our empathy, which we then blame the person who did it (who is the killer,) and we blame them. It sounds crazy, but it is something I've thought of.

Another factor could be that because you always hear about how overpowered the Survivor is and so if you're doing bad it means that you're bad, which feels bad. I know the feel.

• MrMyers
    MrMyers Member Posts: 43

Wait till you get to rank 1! Camping is considered a sin! You'll see instant heals, loops, & 99'ed gens!

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346

@MrMyers said:
    Wait till you get to rank 1! Camping is considered a sin! You'll see instant heals, loops, & 99'ed gens!

Yes, all of those are very good and fun and fair, but being near the hook when all 3 of them bum rush for it? Absolutely illegal >:((((

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

@Gurpsmeister said:
    So just some background. I'm a survivor main, yes I claudette and yes I'll lick bricks to hide sometimes! What I try to not do is but dance and taunt a killer though and I especially hate the idea of snapping off against a killer at the end of a game. If he got me, good match! HOpefully I learn and do better next time. If I got away, also good match!

Tonight I've been trying killer out and wow, I now understand what Killers mean by survivors ruin games. We're awful. I can't imagine wanting to keep playing this game as a killer. It has nothing to do with being looped or juked, I suck as a killer and expect it. What I mean is at the end in the chat, the sheer salt when someone dies or taunts, EZ you suck etc etc.

We're just awful.

Speak for yourself, I and many other don't do that.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@MrMyers said:

I wish my games as survivors were like that at Rank 1. I get Hex: Ruin, Hillbilly, and the Game map. 1 gen gets done and we all die because survivors are too altruistic.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@Mrrgle_the_Mediocre said:
    I think it has something to do with the fact that, and this'll sound cheesy but hear me out, your character goes through what seems like actual pain which triggers our empathy, which we then blame the person who did it (who is the killer,) and we blame them. It sounds crazy, but it is something I've thought of.

Another factor could be that because you always hear about how overpowered the Survivor is and so if you're doing bad it means that you're bad, which feels bad. I know the feel.

Completely agree. Some people forget that it is just a video game. I do feel empathy for my character a lot, rarely do I feel sympathy for a killer.

We all have bad games, I just learn to deal with it. If I’m having bad game after bad game after bad game then I just stop playing and try again later. No point in stressing over it.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

The only time I'll dance at the Exit Gate is when I've farmed with a Killer (I do dance around them and point at hooks, but a lot of them just back off to let me escape rather than take a free kill) Even then I do it for a second or two before leaving.

I think a huge problem is you have the 12 year olds who watch Youtubers whose name I shall not mention but it rhymes with Lowkeedyo who have built their channel off being annoying little pieces of fecal matter. So than they get on and do the same kind of stuff because they think it's funny, whereas I work two jobs and have a life (SHOCKING!) so the moment that gate is open I tend to leave, or try to save the hooked guy. If it's a lost cause, I just leave. My days are to short to waste time rubbing victory in someone's face when there's another lobby just waiting for me.

• Parity
    Parity Member Posts: 28
    Parity said:

Survivors need buffs or killers need nerfs. Simple as that.

Are you saying it as a solution to toxicity or as a kind of threat?
    Neither lmfao. 
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Gurpsmeister said:

We're just awful.

Once you improve send it back, I play both and back when I bashed dbd on xbox, I played killer a lot and got salt and bm from a lot of games. Nowadays I just eat the salt and if I catch someone in under 20 seconds as Wraith which happens on xbox a lot since he's so underused nobody knows how to counter his new buff. I nod at them for a while, on PC I play Nurse, I bm a lot too. Both sides are so toxic that if ur nice on one, be toxic on the other. I'm non toxic at survivor (still get tunnelled all game), and very toxic as killer since nobody is ever non toxic to me when I'm killer. If there's a team who isn't toxic, I let the last guy go. If they even teabag once I will just straight up dominate. On xbox if I see a flashlight I bring a mori. Take the abuse and try not to let it get to u otherwise you'll never improve.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Gurpsmeister said:

We're just awful.

if a killer plays doctor with ultra-rare add-ons, and rude perks i will be toxic till the end when i message GG EZ

^This is why, OP. Because Survivors like him think Killers aren't allowed to use the perks and add-ons they worked for.

Lol I just had a game with a lobby full of megs and a laurie.

Knew there would be d-strikes and adrenalines.

So I figured its gonna hurt come late game, so I bring NOED. Get 3 kills, the laurie makes it out and then starts crying about me bringing NOED - even though they had 3 adrenaline and a d-strike.

I don't even care for NOED usually but if I suspect everyone is going to get an insta-heal at the end of the game then yeah damn right I'm bringing Noed to even it out.

But survivors act like only they can bring OP add ons and perks.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Gurpsmeister said:

We're just awful.

Yes its sad

Now think twice about that the next time you wanna cry about a camping killer that is using noed :wink:

• Wahara
    Wahara Member Posts: 237
    edited October 2018

What upsets me is that accused of being a camper even if it's the right call to make at the time. I never start off camping, rather I try to get as many different hooks as I possibly can. If I've managed to get someone on there second hook and five generators are still up, and ruin hasn't been destroyed yet, why am I wrong for camping and making sure you die? It is the smartest thing to do in that situation, the likelihood of being gen rushed in the time it will take you to die is minimal and your death that early in the game nearly assures my victory.

Further, why, pray tell, is "toxic" constantly being used as a synonym for cheese? Builds that contain perks and add ons that have a lot of power combined with ease of use aren't toxic. Tea bagging is toxic. Holding games hostage is toxic. Trolling with a slugging, knockout leatherface who refuses to put anyone on hooks so he can watch everyone bleed out is toxic.

When you use the word toxic not to describe rude, abusive, or harassing behavior but to describe normal game play options it becomes devoid of any real meaning. Looping is annoying, it isn't toxic. Flashlight stuns are annoying, they aren't toxic. Camping and tunneling can be annoying, but they aren't toxic.

What survivors don't seem to understand is that they can die and still rank up. Killers, 98% of the time, must kill to rank up. They are pressured much more by the game to use tactics that will ensure a kill which may be considered "unsportsman like" than you are as a survivor to use tactics that will ensure your escape.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    if a killer plays doctor with ultra-rare add-ons, and rude perks i will be toxic till the end when i message GG EZ

"Rude Perks" LMFAO!!

I mean I've known that some of my fellow survivors have ridiculous made up rules which apparently the killer has to adhere too, but this is comedy gold. We aren't at a bloody tea party, survivors and killers don't bow to each other at the start of the match, and there is no honour system aside from not being utter d***s to each other.

If a killer doctor with ultra rare addons and LEGITIMATE perks comes after you, accept that they earned the right to use them and don't hide behind a pathetic excuse in order to make yourself feel better for playing like a toxic brat.

"Rude Perks" Hahahaha!!

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 905

Simple reason: Because nothing will ever be done about. It's the same reason there continues to be lag switchers even when streamers video tape and send in the information to the devs then play against the same lag switcher for months. Anonymity gives people the courage who wouldn't bust a grape in real life, to do despicable stuff to people, trying to make themselves feel better. No one likes to lose, and when they are losing it is usually easier to try and project blame on someone else than to admit it's their fault. I agree that bullying is a group mentality. Fuss out a killer, and most of the time other players will agree, bolstering the feeling that they are in the right. Most of the time I am that player that tells the other survivor to chill out and stop acting like an azz. Be kind anyway, bullies don't know what to do when they can't p*ss you off.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Gurpsmeister said:

We're just awful.

The killer plays with "rude perks"? Please, enlighten to me about what perks are rude on a killer. Last time I checked more than half of them are mediocre and the rest are either too easily countered.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@The_Crusader said:
    Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Gurpsmeister said:

We're just awful.

^This is why, OP. Because Survivors like him think Killers aren't allowed to use the perks and add-ons they worked for.

Lol I just had a game with a lobby full of megs and a laurie.

Knew there would be d-strikes and adrenalines.

So I figured its gonna hurt come late game, so I bring NOED. Get 3 kills, the laurie makes it out and then starts crying about me bringing NOED - even though they had 3 adrenaline and a d-strike.

I don't even care for NOED usually but if I suspect everyone is going to get an insta-heal at the end of the game then yeah damn right I'm bringing Noed to even it out.

But survivors act like only they can bring OP add ons and perks.

You made the right call: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW5AZE9R1no

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Bump
  • Ace_Croissanti
    Ace_Croissanti Member Posts: 3

If you kill someone, you're a noob. If you fail to kill someone, you're a noob.

You're always a noob on Dead by Daylight!

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

Anonymity.

People say things they are way too insecure to say in real life.

I feel bad for them because their self esteem is probably really low.

• Whisky_Glass
    Whisky_Glass Member Posts: 49
    @Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Gurpsmeister said:

We're just awful.

Right, because there are no killers who admit that they are gonna hardcamp DS users. Same goes for both sides.
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    @Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Gurpsmeister said:

We're just awful.

Right, because there are no killers who admit that they are gonna hardcamp DS users. Same goes for both sides.
    I do it. Even if it only gets me 1 k and a de pip....still worth it.

And sometimes I can even get a second kill if my NOED pops.

After match chat: priceless.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Whisky_Glass said:

Survivors reward camping. Why wouldn't Killers do it, especially when toxic Survivors always use DS?