HOW DO BHVR COLLECT THEIR DATA??

In a recent Q&A BHVR had stated that removing Bloodlust only attributed to a 1% or 2% difference in relation to kill rate. My question is, how do BHVR gather this information? I am more interested in this than the actual results, the validity of an outcome can only be determined by the validity and the reliability of how the data was farmed and by whom.

Comments

• Antonia
    Antonia Member Posts: 18

So the data pool is already bias and narrowed, hmmm, interesting.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Also if survivors were just screwing around that weekend and getting hooked/killed more often then that would account for a small percentage. I know I was.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Also don't forget they also said the general Kill Rates for that week were already abnormally high even before the test.

So the test results were already thrown off even before what you said happened.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

To be fair, the claim that came from the Killer Side was that Survivors will intentionally kill themselves on Hook to skew the data. Both things are nonsense.

And well, if someone did not play because they need Bloodlust, they just wasted their chance to participate in this test. Same with players who only played Spirit and Nurse during that time.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

kill rate is a lazy and inaccurate data point to draw conclusions from.. so never put stock into anything where kill rate is the basis of their decision making

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

The thing is, that their data is probably much more complex then we might think. And more then they talk about directly. Let's take Nurse e.g. We know her low average kill rate, but it's always pointed out, how she is more complex to take her average, because Nurse isn't really beginner friendly. So games can go very bad, if she isn't handled well. That probably even shows in data in some way. My guess it already shows, when you look at the variety of each kill amount.

Just that they probably didn't had the time to show that. Also think back about the joke teabag rate they had. Most likely they have data about chases as well. How much and how long survivor have been chases e.g. until getting hit. In general all data that we know is collected for stuff like Emblems, challenges, achievements etc. might be used.

Actually it's a good question how much data they collect per match, if I think about it....

• Antonia
    Antonia Member Posts: 18

I'm not really sure how complex it could be on a game this simple, unless you are referring to the sheer amount of data that was collected, but again, we can all assume anything, but knowing how it is collected, analysed and reviewed are way more relevant. Those three steps then determine the actual validity of the outcome, which at best in this situation is shady I'm afraid to say.