Was mad at the Mori change- until I realized what it ment

Options

Survivors have held this change to the Mori's as a victory over quote " toxic or unfair gameplay mechanics ". A lot of killer mains (myself included) we're understandably not happy about them changing this, especially since they didn't change the keys.

Then I realized what they actually did. To preface, I'm one of those killers that actually finds use for Insidious without camping hooks. In the upper purple and red ranks I prefer to camp generators that are 50% or higher with Insidious and Dragons Grip, which I pair with Tinkerer/Overcharge or Pop/Overcharge, especially on Wraith, Doc, or Hag.

But with this new change to Mori's, Insidious hook camping, especially when using Make You Choice, is now essentially a death sentence for any of those teams that have the annoying savior habit. If anything, this change confirms that the devs support camping as a viable play strategy and just made it stronger and more obnoxious.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249
    Options

Unfortunately I have to disagree with you. Killers like Meyers, Doc, Wraith, ghost face, and hag stealth camp too well already. I ran a game with Wraith just to test it, where I ran Make your choice, insidious, M&A, and Bloodhound, with the purple All-Seeing add-on and Coxcomb clapper, and it was just a horrible game of rinse and repeat. Hook one, hide a short ways away where I can see the hook, bing the bell, let insidious go, then wait for second stage. If rescuer came before, I down the rescuer, hooked them, tracked the escapee, downed if not stage two before they were rescued, are moried them if they had reached stage two before being rescued. The game ended in 3 minutes.

• Cable2486
    Options

Oh make no mistake: I'm unhappy with it's change as is, simply because I truly think it was a purely reactionary change of the devs parts responding to survivors being upset at its functionality. I'll spare you my rants on keys, and how and why they should have been changed at the same time, but as soon as I realized the new potential for it, I immediately set up to test it.

I generally tend to not want to post about mechanics and build synergy unless I tested it by myself beforehand. 😊

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited December 2020
    Options

Not entirely sure what mori's and facecamping have to do with one another aside from being extremely toxic to the game and genuinely being some of the biggest reasons people quit playing.

Edit: seriously, don't see a big link. It's easier to compare mori's and actual genrushing.

• Cable2486
    Options

That's kind of the point. The new Mori, if anything, promotes camping even more so then it did before, in my opinion. Not only does it mean you're actively trying to keep them on hook long enough via camping, but it actually promotes camping (face and proxy) to take more immediate advantage of it without the hassles of excessive chases, looping, etc.

• Cable2486
    Options

Lol. Thanks! I love to make builds like that from time to time. I don't see camping as terribly effective so much, unless you can use it as a means to disrupt more than just the hooked survivor.

Plus I'm just the slightest bit spiteful. Lol.😈

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I'm not sure I entirely follow the logic of his posts either, but there is a link between Camping and the Mori now. It is an unintended consequence of just flat linking this to being 3rd Hook (or already having reached 2nd Stage). If you DID want to use the new Mori effectively to change a 4v1 to a 3v1 early, you would Camp but you do so not to keep someone from making the rescue, only to delay the rescue long enough for them to go to 2nd Stage. Then you tunnel, and Mori.

In short, the nasty habit of current Solo Survivors of letting their Teammates get to the 2nd Stage actually plays extremely well into the hands of someone who brings a Mori. It is an encouragement to stay just close enough while applying pressure to run off potential unhookers with the threat of an unsafe rescue. Do you follow? That is pretty easy to do, and much easier for some Killers than others, i.e. those that can Proxy Camp and still keep up pressure.

It became apparent to me, same day it was announced, that IF someone takes the Mori and intends to use it tactically, they are going to Camp and/or Tunnel. If they are just taking it for color, they won't do this. But let's be honest, those people who regularly took them were intending to use them tactically. They will just adapt, particularly because the damn Ebony Memento Mori was so expensive. They will be looking for a return, not just an animation or the "possible" ability to avoid DS.

And let's talk about that avoiding DS benefit, i.e. the only one remaining if you don't Camp and Tunnel from the start. Being able to bypass it simply means it is being suggested that you SHOULD Tunnel as soon as they hit 2nd Stage because that is the only benefit. :)

• Cable2486
    Options

This ^^^^ 1000%. I love would usually take a Mori for challenges, or to change up my play style when I got bored. With the new changes, I actually ended up stumbling onto this build by accident. It had occured to me, but once I actually tested it, it became very clear that camping/tunneling with it was more encouraged (imo) the. It had been before, especially in terms of how it's used.

If nothing else, it should be far more effective early/mid match to relieve survivor pressure or disrupt gen rushing to some extent.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

No, that's just you.

And might I say you should try out for the Olympics. You'd be amazing at Gymnastics, a gold medalist for sure. Mental Gymnastics.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited December 2020
    Options

When I started playing the game years ago I tried to find uses for Insidious. Such as kicking a gen, walking around a wall and waiting. The issue I had was most people either saw me or didn't come back to the gen. If your waiting for something to happen there's a chance nothing will come to you. If your hunting people there's a better chance something will happen. It kind of like when you play CoD and you try to actually snipe. By snipe I mean find a good spot, lay on your belly and shoot people across the map. I just flat out got more encounters if I was running around looking for people instead of hoping they would come to me.

As for Mori's, coming from a killer main, I agree they had to be changed but I don't like how they changed them. They feel pretty much useless to bring now unless you want a cool animation instead of 3rd hooking someone. It reminds me of Old MoM. It had to be changed but the way they changed it made you never use it.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

This feels like a bait post. At first I was concerned that the mori nerf would make tunneling more prevalent (And it might still though) but it doesn't really seem to. The rare times killers bring ebony moris these days they usually play like normal and if anything, late game take their moris against certain survivors as consolation prizes when the time comes. Think like how Rancor works.

Of course, all that being said if someone wants to be really awful they can camp their hooked survivor and tunnel them down again (Really sad if they don't have BT) and hook again and wait etc but honestly any team with brain cells and kindred will just gen rush to counteract this kind of toxic camping and tunneling behavior.

So I really hope people don't do this because it's not even going to make you a better killer and it's just ruining specifically one persons day and if you really hate survivors that much I think you need to chill.

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509
    Options

So in other words you found an excuse to defend being a ######### camper? Nice

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options
  • Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I like the insidious + dragon's grip gen camping idea. I don't get the myc thing? It's not even terror radius based. And I think the mori nerf will lead to anyone doing that, except yourself ofc

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

If you're going to insidious camp someone for the mori, it's not that distinguishable from insidious camping them normally.

Don't get why people feel like throwing the game so they can try and squeeze the same usefulness out of the current Mori as they could the last one.

• Cable2486
    Options

Sadly, not a bait post. Tested it quite a bit with different okay strats, and camping gets the most use out of it, though only for two kills or so, with any sort of efficiency while maintaining pressure, at least by what I've found so far.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905
    Options

Have you met victor he’s the ultimate camping tool against hook rushing survivors and allows you to face camp and chase at the same time

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I see. How would you feel if you had the same done to you as a survivor?

Just curious, genuinely. I see the point you're trying to make though.

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 525
    Options

Your comparison makes no sense. Camp all you want, but don’t put this on the devs shoulders. It’s your playstyle.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

It's because using a mori takes as much skill as camping or tunneling. All of which amount to 0 talent. Now mori is in the same trash bucket of tactics with camping/tunneling so if you want a 4k you're gonna need some SKILLZZZZZ.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

I think an even better strategy would be to uninstall the game and play something else.

• Cable2486
    Options
  • Cable2486
    Options
  • AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

Legion is a surprisingly good stealth camper. Insidious near the hook, then Frenzy the entire enemy team who came to rescue.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278
    Options

So usually what would happen when a killer has a Mori is this - they'd hook someone, stay close by and wait for someone else to unhook, then go back quickly to Mori the person that was just unhooked. At least now we have 1 more hook, so one more chance. A killer may tunnel too, but again, one more chance.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767
    Options

So you're saying that one way or another killers have to play to make survivor's games miserable no matter what?

• thesuicidefox
    Options

Says the one complaining about losing what is objectively one of the most broken things in the game.

• Cable2486
    Options

Says the one who's killer list looks like a 5 year old made it. Keys are broken. The Mori still required work to use, in either form. This thread isn't a complaint, it's an observation.

• Cable2486
    Options

If a Mori makes you miserable, you're playing the wrong game.

• Cable2486
    Options

That type of play developed around killers desire to avoid things like DS and Gen rushing. Rather than the change we got, it should have been called at two deaths, or activation based on a token system of a sort. The whole point is is that it's new form only serves to promote camping moreso the. It did before.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

LOL maybe you're just reading it like a 5 year old.

And yes, this is basically a complaint thread. You were mad about mori's, then you decided to play even more like a bad killer to make up for it.