The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Favourite underrated/underused perks?

So lately I’ve fallen in love with Enduring, especially on M1 killers (mainly I’ve been running it on Pig). It’s like survivors totally forget that Enduring exists, which I understand since I never see killers running it either, and they get really greedy for pallet stuns. But being able to take the stun and immediately be on them just feels so nice, especially when they don’t expect it and start to run away from the pallet into nothing. You recover super fast and a lot of the time I can get the second hit before they have time to react. There’s also nothing quite like grabbing someone who tries to dumb tech you. :D

What perks do you enjoy that you don’t see others run often? Either killer or survivor, I play both. It’s fun to try new builds and off-meta perks so I’ll probably give them a go.

Comments

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Enduring on pig is a must for me, it's like shadowborne on nurse, I must have them on.

I love I'm all ears on pig and huntress which I think is a really underrated perk.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

I'll list a few of my personal favourites:

Agitation

This perk saves you so much time you didn't even know you were wasting. Hooking someone is a really time-consuming action and this perk makes it so much faster. Plus you can get some hits on survivors who get too cocky and think they can outrun you.

Fire Up

This perk kinda sucks, but what redeems it is that it can stack with other perks. Want to obliterate pallets? Run it with Brutal Strength. Want to vault faster than you've ever vaulted before? Run it with Bamboozle (bonus points if you're Myers). Plus the extra pick up speed is so nice, I feel like I'm picking survivors up in slow motion at the beginning of the game.

Hex: The Third Seal

This perk has the reputation of being one of the worst Hex perks in the game. However, that doesn't mean that it still can't do some major damage. Once you get everyone blind, you can slug like mad, and the general sense of confusion people have is quite funny (I once had someone kill themselves on hook when someone was just coming for a rescue). However, this perk kinda sucks against SWF and gets it's tokens stripped when respawned by Undying. Not a great perk, but it's a fun one.

Blood Warden

It's very unreliable, but if you can get it to activate it can turn a losing match into a 4k. The definition of an Ace up the sleeve. One of my favourite perks in the game.

Slippery Meat

Are you a gambling man? Are you the first person to be hooked every time you run Deliverance? Do you fancy challenging death to a game of dice? Run Slippery Meat. You're gambling a hook stage with a 60% chance of losing, but boy is it fun when you yeet yourself off the hook. Absolutely terrible perk, loads of fun to run (but only when it works).

Windows of Opportunity

An amazing perk to run if you're solo. Having the knowledge of what resources have been used up by your team is a must have for me personally.

Mettle of Man

Groovy.

I could go on for ages, there are so many underappreciated perks out there that are overshadowed by the meta.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Also, not the point of the post but I didn’t want to make a separate thread:

HOLY #########. Blight is SO MUCH FUN. Why have I never tried playing him before?! My first match with him ever and it was the most fun I’ve had with a new killer in a long time. :D

I guess the lesson here is to step out of my comfort zone more often and try new stuff.

• xenotimebong
    edited December 2020

I love Agitation too!

With The Third Seal, I think it only works on some maps. Being blind isn’t that big of a deal on an Autohaven map, but throw on a Lery’s offering and it can really do some damage. Nobody has lines of sight and there aren’t landmarks for SWF to use to coordinate. If someone goes down in a random room they’ll struggle to explain where they are. Plus the totem is usually really well hidden.

I really enjoy using Pig’s trap blindness add on (people keep telling me they suck but I keep having success with them so whatever), and it’s the same thing - if it’s a Midwich, Hawkins or Lery’s then the survivors often go into struggle or run around like headless chickens looking for each other. Mean, but fun.

• xenotimebong

Yeah I don’t think I’ll be able to go back to playing without it now. The default stun feels soooo long and the survivors can make a ton of distance.

I haven’t tried I’m All Ears! I actually don’t think I’ve tried it on anybody except Ghost Face when I was going for the adept. I’ll have to give it a go. :)

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,768
    edited December 2020

Aftercare is criminally underrated imo. I'd put it at least on par with Bond and Empathy, and clearly better than both for solo queue because it lets you return information to your team as well. It's also fun to use because it gives you a secondary objective of finishing heals / getting healed by teammates to improve your team's aura reading.

Distortion is another perk that I rarely see people running that I think is very strong, especially in SWF. The aura hiding effect is nice, but that's not the real reason to run the perk; the real reason is the information it gives you. Let's imagine you're healing yourself reasonably close to the killer and you lose a stack. You now know she's running Nurse's and, in SWF, you can communicate the information back to your team. Same goes for other common perks like BBQ and Undying. My favorite part about Distortion though is specifically when it helps you determine when a killer is running something uncommon and/or difficult to infer. For example, it can tip you and your SWF off about Amanda's Letter Pigs, All Seeing Wraiths, Black Incense Plagues, Scratched Mirror Myers, Compound Twenty-One Blights, Glowing Concoction Huntress, I'm All Ears, Bitter Murmur, Territorial Imperative, Hangman's Trick, etc. It also allows you to rule out these builds when you don't lose stacks after meeting the conditions for your aura to be shown by them.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Maybe not underrated, but there is no better feeling than getting STBFL to 8 stacks and keeping it there. It feels so good. I ######### love that perk. I've noticed Bloodhound is actually very good at tracking injured survivors. I've been using it paired with sloppy on my Hit n Run Wraith (mainly because I have nothing else on him yet) and I've never lost a survivor.

I've actually gained something of a love for Blood Pact. It's a fun perk to use, and if you have no healing perk it's pretty nice to be able to just find someone to heal you.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Wake up is underrated.

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

I like stakeout

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,768

It used to be so good against old Ruin! Now it's a lot weaker and hit or miss depending on the killer, but I agree, I really like running it.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Small Game, especially since Ruin is stronger now as a solo survivor. And Trapper gives me a heart attack. Not to mention fake pallet Fredwards.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Friendly advice, careful you might become addicted like me and won't be able to remove it.

• xenotimebong

I’m with you on the STBFL worship, it’s my forum profile pic for a reason. :B One of my absolute favourite perks and I run it on tons of killers.

• SleepyGarry
    SleepyGarry Member Posts: 6

Does kindred not get talked about because everybody is already aware of its brilliance? That's the only explanation I have.

It makes getting hooked first feel like valuable martyrdom, can show you if a killer is camping a hook (so you can safely do gens), gives solo survivors a sense of comradary and map awareness.... It's just, a really good perk IMO.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Using it on a "Delete Everything and Go Fast" Wraith build is one of the funnest builds in the game imo. and there are multiple incarnations. It might not guarantee a win, but both are fun.

Slightly Meta Delete Everything Wraith: Windstorm, Shadow Dance (Blood works best) Enduring, Brutal Strength, STBFL, and some kind of regression perk (most likely PGTW)

True Delete Everything Wraith, or other wise known as - ######### Looping Wraith: Shadow Dance Blood, and Shadow Dance White or The Serpent (an add-on that decloaks you while you break pallets or generators) Enduring, Brutal Strength, STBFL, and either Bamboozle, Fire Up, or Spirit Fury. This build more than likely won't get you a win, but watching Survivor's panic after you break a pallet in like less than a second is the funniest thing in this game. STBFL helps with that immensely because of Wraith's M1 nature.

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

For the People, I'm confident in my ability to loop the killer while I'm injured since DH and Iron Will are staples in my build so when a teammate goes down and the killer slugs for whatever reason, I give them one of my health states and then they're instantly up resulting in the killer losing all that pressure and then I can take chase.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Bam with the Boozle

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Yes sir! Works with the snares too those just don't cause as many problems for me. And it works with Hag traps.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Solidarity can be good against slugging killers especially when combined with WGLF. You can get a full heal off a non recovered slug if you heal them to healthy

• FondaDix
    FondaDix Member Posts: 173

I agree he's super fun but a tough killer to master for sure. I think he has a very high skill ceiling. I'm always happy to hear people playing the new killers! Keep it up!

• FondaDix
    FondaDix Member Posts: 173

Oh yeah I'm all Ears is very solid on a number of killers.PyramidHead being great, Pig, Nurse it has some uses. Trapper also.