Flashlights still possibly bugged?

So ever since the recent hotfix/patch that fixed the flashlights I have had continuous issues with false positives when blinding. The flashlights narrow to what would be a full blind, I get a stack + sound notification from We're Gonna Live Forever, and then the game acts as if the Killer isn't fully blinded and they get to hook. I noticed the issues immediately after the flashlights got "fixed".

I'm double checking at the end of matches to make sure there is no Lightborn when I receive false positives for full blinds. I doubt this matters though because why would I get a stack from We're Gonna Live Forever if I can't blind the Killer? This is happening on a regular basis on my end. I seriously thought I was just missing the full blinds my a slight amount but here I am getting stacks from We're Gonna Live Forever.

Is anyone else experiencing this from flashlights?

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

This is what happens when you mistime it. Either too early, and they don't drop, or too late and they're already mid hook prompt.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Nah this is an actual issue.. I've had this happen to me countless of times since the update/patch/hotfix. You can time it perfectly and they just keep on walking right through it. I've had it happen while the pickup animation was completely over and the Killer was walking. Got the notification for the blind being successful but they didn't drop the survivor.

• NeanderChaos
    NeanderChaos Member Posts: 29

Dude, you didn't read the original post at all. How am I miss timing the flashlight if I'm getting successful We're Gonna Live Forever stacks? We're Gonna Live Forever gives you a stack for flashlight saves. If I'm getting the stack that means I successfully blinded the Killer and the dying survivor should be dropped by the Killer. Please read the post before just assuming you know what ppl are talking about and just bluntly blurbing out rubbish.

Okay so I'm not the only one. I'll put a post in the bugs section then. I really wish flashlights would just work properly for once. They're bugged in one way or another every other patch/update and when you try to talk about it 75%+ of the time ppl just auto say "You did it wrong". Like no it's not me if We're Gonna Live Forever is registering it as successful, the flashlight animation (Which btw is super easy to notice when it works or not by the animation alone) shows the full blind, and the game just doesn't register the save for the Killer so they still get to hook. Flashlights aren't that hard to use. Ppl act as if its brain surgery or something.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

I just had the same issue twice in a match. The beam narrows, but doesn't open up again to let you know you got the blind off. I had to quickly look at the side of the screen. I also noticed that the Killer didn't play an animation to show they were blinded, they just paused briefly before moving on like normal. Same thing happened when I blinded the Killer picking someone up. They were already moving when I started to blind, got the notification, but no drop. They just paused for a moment then moved to the hook with the Survivor still on their shoulder.

• GoodBoyKaru

Dude, you didn't read the original post at all. How am I miss timing the flashlight if I'm getting successful We're Gonna Live Forever stacks? We're Gonna Live Forever gives you a stack for flashlight saves

Incorrect, you get a stack when you blind the killer whilst the survivor is on their shoulder. Go into a custom game and try it. Blind them early, get a stack. Blind mid-hook animation, get a stack. I know this because blinding mid-hook animation is literally how I farm stacks.

Please read the post before just assuming you know what ppl are talking about and just bluntly blurbing out rubbish.

I did, and I applied my own knowledge to answer your issue. You're mistiming it, it's that simple, and take this from someone who uses WGLF and a flashlight literally every single survivor game. Please, learn how the game and it's perks work before blubing out rubbish.

• NeanderChaos
    NeanderChaos Member Posts: 29

"you get a stack when you blind the killer whilst the survivor is on their shoulder."

Exactly. That's the whole reason I made the post to begin with. I'm stating that it's not working properly.

We're Gonna Live Forever states: "Blind the Killer to rescue a carried Survivor."

So if I use a flashlight on a Killer and get a stack from WGLF and the Survivor doesn't get rescued by the flashlight, that means there is a bug. The original post stated this. Please go back and read the original post to understand what we are talking about.

• GoodBoyKaru
    edited December 2020

Literally. Go into a custom game. Test it out. You blind the killer too early and don't get the rescue and you still get the stack. You blind the killer mid-hook animation and they're not rescued and you still get the stack. I cannot make this clearer that I use this perk religiously, alongside a flashlight, so I have plenty of experience with it.

This is in your original post:

The flashlights narrow to what would be a full blind, I get a stack + sound notification from We're Gonna Live Forever, and then the game acts as if the Killer isn't fully blinded and they get to hook. I noticed the issues immediately after the flashlights got "fixed".

This is what happens when you blind too quickly. You mistimed the save.

I'm double checking at the end of matches to make sure there is no Lightborn when I receive false positives for full blinds. I doubt this matters though because why would I get a stack from We're Gonna Live Forever if I can't blind the Killer?

The killer is blinded. You just did it early. You still get the stack.

Go into a custom game, try it out. If not, I'll do my best to record a clip of it and send it to you tomorrow to prove it.

It's bugged to give you stacks when it shouldn't- I don't honestly see an issue there but whatever. If that's what you want to complain about, go for it. Just know you ######### up the timing of the save. It's on you.

Sit down before you make more of a fool of yourself.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

After testing this, I don't think flashlights are bugged - seems to be more of an issue with WGLF. I got stacks when I blinded the killer but the killer was in the animation phase so shouldn't drop the survivor anyway, I also did early blinds which wouldn't drop the survivor and again got WGLF stacks - afaik you should only get a stack when you successfully blind the killer AND save the survivor at the same time of which the timing is a lot more precise.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

I'm going to have to start ripping clips from my vods because there have been multiple occasions since the last flashlight patch that i've gotten successful flashlight saves and it had no effect on the killer. Including blinds that happened well after the killer had the survivor up on their shoulder.