We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Question: AFK Killing

Problably a stupid question but is it reportable offense if a killer kills a survivor who is AFK during a match?

Situation.

Playing as the Pig. Couple minutes into the match i find a survivor afk with crows. I down them, put at trap on there head and hook them. Their trap gets activated, they come back at some point and die from the teap. They message after reporting me with the game evidence for gameplay abuse. My argument is that they were not ready to play even after they found and loaded into the match and i couldn't control the survivors doing the gens that activated their trap before they got back to find themselves in there situation.

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,147

Reporting a killer for killing? How are you to know they aren't trying to trick you into thinking they're AFK to leave them alone so once their team finished the gens they could just escape. Also, technically it's their teammates fault, if they didn't finish a gen the trap wouldn't have activated. 🤷‍♀️

When I come across someone with crows I down and hook them. If after they're saved they haven't moved I hook them again. They don't get freebie escape while their teammates are doing all the work.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

No. They shouldn't have readied up or looked for a match.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,050

And what if you had an AFK survivor who you left alone all match and then they died to the EGC? Are they going to report you then for not literally carrying them to the exit gate and pushing their butt out?

Being reported by an AFKer for daring to play the game. DbD gets crazier every day.

@C3Tooth Nice :)

• psych321
    psych321 Member Posts: 4

Its kinda cheap to hang them, as a survivor i wouldn't know if hes afk and go for a save.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

This is an old discussion.

On the topic what I would say it's fair game for the killer to hook them. It's good hook points before a potential dc and maybe a stack for BBQ. Also the survivors would rush gens if the killer was afk.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

I would hook and camp them if I played killer, since then I would have two guys to hook shortly or at the least the afk one to hook again after somebody took it down even if they ran like barry allen after unhooking the afk one

• ######### this survivor had to be either drunk or high or just incredibly stupid to think you can get someone in trouble for playing the game how it's supposed to be played!

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Look if you have to go afk don't hit ready.

If I have to leave my game for some reason I'm not surprised to be dead when I get back. Anyone who complains otherwise is just kidding themselves.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

If you can report a Killer for killing then this game has reached a new level of stupid but I deeply doubt that is a legit reportable offense.

If he had AFK crows, that means he was at LEAST 60 seconds AFK beyond the loading time.

Let's use some realistic math. Dude probably hit ready. As a Survivor. There's a two minute queue, easy. If not more. Then they moved to the second phase of the lobby. That caused a 60 second timer as he never hit the second ready. Now we are up to 3 minutes. They then had to load into the game and load the map. Your mileage will vary, but that is likely one more minute. Now he is in game, and it likely took the killer a full minute to find him as you rarely find someone in the first ten seconds, especially since the Survivor likely spawned in a corner. For the sake of erroring in the Survivor's favor, we will assume the minute the Killer took to find him was also the same minute as the AFK crows gathering.

Final Score: 5 minutes. Minimum.

At this point, you are no longer obligated to spare the fresh meat. Hook him. Regret nothing.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I am constantly told I've been reported for doing things in game that people don't like. The other day I was accused of working with the killer because I didn't unhook someone as fast as they wanted (she didn't go into struggle and she also didn't move to unhook me when I had gone down first). I was reported for working with the killer because I fast vaulted near another teammate. I was reported for telling a level 18 killer who DC'ed, 'I get unfair match making like that too when I play killer, GGs.' I wonder how many times I get reported without getting a message letting me know.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,814

LMAO. Imagine being AFK and reporting everyone else for not waiting for you.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

A view from the other side. It happend to me, that i was in a survivor queue, and then something happens with my children, like waking up from a bad dream. to me, priorities are clear, and i even forget about being in the game while taking care of them.

However, when i come back i dont expect the killer to have any mercy with me. However, i had a killer coming to me as i was coming back, looking at me, and leaving me (i had the first crow already). While i dont expect that, it made for a fair game after i rejoined the team. That guy got my respect for not taking advantage of a situation he didn´t know about.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

Kill a survivor that's AFK? That's their problem