Am I Camping?

I faced a swf that accused me of face camping when i was patrolling near the hook. i knew there was a survivor on the other side of the map doing a gen but i couldn't care less because i had to 3 gen (we were on coldwind) and the hooked survivor was in the middle of my 3 gen. I was also aware that 2 survivors were nearby so i hit them both while in proximity of the hook and at this point the hooked survivor has about 10 seconds left on hook until he dies (it was his second hook not first). the gen i didn't t care about pops while i just face camp the hooked survivor to secure a kill because he had such little time left until dying. i ended up winning the game and they blamed me of face camping the whole match. Other than that little 5 or 10 seconds of face camping (knowing none of the gens were being repaired) is this really considered camping?

Comments

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

Were you camping? I believe so as you said yourself you did face camp the nearly dead survivor.

However...it doesn't matter if you camp, hell it dosent ecen matter if you tunneled said player to death. Neither are against the rules. They can frown upon your tactics as much as they desire, dosent maje it illegal just because "they don't like it"

If you're finding other people are irritateing you after matches I strongly recommend turning off messages from randoks or closing the end game Chat. (depending on what system you're on) You'll have alot more fun this way

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

If someone is hooked in your three gen doesn't count.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

You weren’t just face camping, you were protecting the part of the map with three close generators. It was simply the smart play. Leaving the area so the survivors had a chance to win, wasn’t.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I mean, you literally said you face camped the survivor, so yes? You're allowed to play however you want though.

• XXXPrinnyGodXXX
    XXXPrinnyGodXXX Member Posts: 31

Anything the Surv doesn't like is camping its sad really when they get some many free screw ups and a killer has to play a flawless game to be competitive.

• mynameisaaaaa
    mynameisaaaaa Member Posts: 22

what i mean is the part where i stayed around my 3 gen. the part that i face camped like 5 seconds i get it but the important part is the 3 gen really because that's what they were accusing me for

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Why would you care? Only you are qualified to decide what you need to do in a given match. Camping is a valid tactic, so if you do it (or not do it) makes not difference.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,774

I'd agree with this assessment. I have always thought it is up to the survivor team to prevent a 3-gen from forming. It should surprise no one when unpleasantness occurs within that zone.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    edited December 2020

First off, why care ? As killer you do what you think is best in the moment and provides the greatest chances of victory.

Honestly, if you hit two survivors, patrolling. They should have used that sprint burst from the hit and rushed to the hook and saved the dude. That's on them. Bring some BT and DS and they may have gotten out.

Killer, is a constant evolution of gameplay during a match. Do what you think is best, react to the current situation and 4k those #########!

Unless you're facing me as survivor, then play chill and let us all go!😎

Post edited by Clevite on
  • Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I mean, you said yourself you face camped the survivor, so yes, you camped. But since the 3 gens were near and you knew two other survivors were near too, it makes sense to have done it.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

It really doesn't matter. You're allowed to play this game however you want.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,307

Don't feel bad for camping when you have to. I just think camping is scummy when you have more than 3 gens up. Once they go down to two, every strategy is fair, be it camping, tunneling, slugging or even pretending you're afk waiting for noed to pop while luring your enemies into a false sense of safety.