What's a kIller perk that you think is underrated?

Mazoobi
Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,562
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

Personally, Dark Devotion is a really underrated perk that is really fun to use. It's not the best, but it's really fun to wack a survivor that wasn't expecting you to be undetectable while the obsession is panicking lol.

Comments

• Greatamygdala
    Greatamygdala Member Posts: 292

Dying light. Personal favorite on my Oni that downs survivors pretty fast.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

Save the best for last and Franklin's.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

Deerstalker: obviously outclassed by Infectious Fright, which helps make the slugs. But I think deerstalker is one of the top 10 killer perks assuming you have zero DLC.

Thrilling Tremors: some people call it the poor man's BBQ, but I find the info slightly better than BBQ. Still, the bloodpoints make me not use it as much lol.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

Does the obsession know he has dark devotion on him? After he gets whacked?

Or he doesn't know? And knows after the other survivors run away from him?

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,067

I would say that STBFL isn't underrated tho.

To the topic: I really like Brutal Strength and Fire Up, both perks are really nice QoL changes during a match.

• FondaDix
    FondaDix Member Posts: 173

Oh yeah dark devotion paired with Nemesis is great. A lot of value if you're going to go in on pallets.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Blood Echo on Legion and Plague. Survivors won't heal against them because they have their exhaustion. This will make them heal. And for other killers like Nurse, Spirit, Blight you can have a build of Blood Echo, BBQ, Sloppy, and go zooming for them with out their Dead Hard or Sprint Burst.

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360

Honestly, Third Seal when it comes to solo queue survivors. Blindness is really strong against them, even if they aren’t equipped with aura reading perks. It allows you to effectively slug and if they weren’t paying attention to where someone was hooked that person might never get saved. It’s weaker if you’re talking SWF though.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,562

The survivor doesn't get a notification, but a good survivor will eventually realize you have it maybe after a few hits on them.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Coulrophobia. By a very large margin.

It’s a great slugging tool, especially when paired with Mangled, and once the survivors are too scared to remain injured, it becomes a great area control perk by getting survivors to waste huge amounts of time running as far away as possible in order to waste more time healing.

• im_anas_
    im_anas_ Member Posts: 3

i find agitation really good for almost every situation.

and dark devotion with mindbreaker is really fun. getting to a survivor without them noticing and chasing them while theyre exhausted is nice.

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited December 2020

Sloppy Butcher, especially if I am running someone like Pig who already has good innate stall.

Adding 4 seconds to a normal heal means basic medkits can't full heal, advanced metkits generally only can heal once, team heals eat up 40 seconds of gen time (almost a full solo gen!) rather than 32, and healing exposes the survivor for longer. Survivors are less likely to heal, meaning further downs are easier, and even slugging is improved, making it harder for other survivors to do a quick pickup unless the victim healed already and making it way more dangerous. And this is before how it massively improves tracking.

It also does stuff like amplify the effects of other slowdown/regression perks: If they heal instead of finishing a gen its a few more ruin ticks. If your running pop you often get more downs more quickly to really punish them. Injured survivors often also let go of gens faster if the terror radius moves on by. In a tri-gen situation being injured is a non-option so you force even more time off and more ticks of your kick to the gen.

Those little seconds just tick tick tick up and your really rewarded if your constantly able to pressure the survivors and make them afraid to not heal. I know it isn't thought to be weak, but I think its significantly better than most think.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Surge and deathslinger is fantastic. Being able to pull survivors into gens repair zone is devastatingly strong. My favorite way to regress gens as slinger since it eats no time kicking gens. Outside of slinger it is pretty bad espicially because of the m1 clause. Just why?

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Idk if it is considered underrated, but I'm a big fan of discordance.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Dragon's Grip. It's an absolute monster on Hag and Freddy.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,593

It will take you some time to recognize it's in play, thats for sure, esp. since it is used so rarely. I bet several newer players (with up to 500h) do not even know it exists ^^.

• CaulDrohn

Sloppy / Mangled does only prolong the healing, it does not change anything about the 16 heal stacks required for one health state. The stacks are just spent slower. So the brown medkit will still heal you one health state, it just takes longer.

• CaulDrohn

Imo the M1 condition is fine. I wouldn't want a bubba to apply surge whenever he downs with his chainsaw. We could argue that attacks like pigs ambush or demos shred should also apply surge, though.

• CaulDrohn

I tried Dragons Grip on Wraith with Shadow Dance and Serpent Soot, that was fun, but not very reliable, gotta admit. Hag or Freddy I've got to check out ^^.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,136

Yeah, Dragon's Grip is nuts on Freddy, I can consistantly get at least 1 insta-down per match with it, if not more.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,883

Play with your food, particularly on Mikey is really good. Get three stacks, have tier 3 ready to go, and the carnage ensues.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I've been running Dragon's Grip on Trapper along with Brutal Strength and Surge. Usually I only get 1 insta down with it a game, but after that I can tell that the Survivors get super skittish about touching regressing Gens if I'm even remotely close and the game slows down a ton.

Dragon's Grip really is criminally underrated.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

YES I agree. I've started my journey to P3-50 all perks on him and I've been using the perks that I had, which Surge was one of them, and it's amazing. I played so much with Surge that after I replaced it another perk, the difference of not using it was noticeable.

I wish the cooldown on Surge was removed ot at least lowered, such a great perk!

• Chloe_Deplano
    Chloe_Deplano Member Posts: 39

Iron Maiden on Huntress (one of my mains).

If you are like me, a person who never uses add-ons, then it's perfect for reloading fast. Also helps as a tracking perk with BBQ & Chili.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

Dragons grip + Ruin really ######### over one of my teammates.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Whispers. It tells you when an area is clear so you don't waste time searching and it's always on. Majority of killers think aura reading perks are king when it comes to tracking. All of those perks require something for them to activate. Be it a hook, a completed gen, someone healing. There are ways the survivors can work around those. YOU CAN'T hide from Whispers.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

Hoarder and Franklin's. Not only do you deprive them of their item, but you can see when they pick it up again.

I've been running this combo on my Scrooge McBlight meme build.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Spies from the Shadows is way better than a lot of people give it credit for.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited December 2020

Nice to see expermentation. I do genuinely think the long cd being reduced might make it to oppresive at least for the more powerful killers. It returns enough value by itself as is. Idclike if more killer power functioned with it. Demo an obvious one, pig dash. Soem of the weaker killers who often struggle could stand gain something from surge being more flexible

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

Spies from the shadows. You put this bad boi on bubba and you're a gore machine. And sometimes helps me find a survivor within seconds after the match starts

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

dark devotion

• PlantCollector
    PlantCollector Member Posts: 344

Trail of Torment.

Undetectable is especially strong on Insta down killers and if you can break LoS it can lead to quick downs really fast.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Stridor. I know it is used on spirit 99% of the time but it is also amazing on other killers with the amount of survivors who use iron will.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

Oh deathbound oni. Sounds interesting and fun. What's your build?

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Poor man's? BBQ and Thrilling Tremors have exact same price of licensed DLC with only 1 killer.

• kaeru

I enjoyed Trail of Torment when I played Executioner. Same as Dark Devotion. This tricky terror radius perks are fun to use. And I liked Oppression when I played Twins. And I also like Surge when I play some m1 killer without better perks.

• kaeru
    edited December 2020

I'm all ears would be absolute best on Huntress if cooldown was 20 seconds. It often triggers on injured survivor who get hit while vaulting and show slug aura. It happens way too often so this perk is very situational at current state.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I find really good use in Brutal Strength, especially if you're the type of killer who will fake leaving a pallet to reduce a survivor's distance, beautifully complements that trick. Also, great for speed kicking gens and dealing with Walls.