I didn't realize how much of a problem The Plague's power actually is

Options

The problem that I'm referring to is the sound aspect of being sick, when I play survivor I usually play between a couple that I have all the perks on, Dwight is not one of them, but I've been playing him recently. I've played the game since before the Plague was added but I just had my first game against her as Dwight and let me tell you, his sick sounds are DISGUSTING I mean it was almost funny except that it wasn't, it's pretty gross and ridiculous, especially when on a gen he's literally throwing up every 2 seconds.

I play killer about as much as I play survivor I don't main anyone, I play variety with half the roster and rarely play as Plague but sometimes play as everyone (usually for challenges). The few games that I've played with Plague it always seems like the survivors are sick of the game (pun intended), I mean it's obvious that no one wants to listen to their character throwing up all the time which will happen any time the survivors try to deny the Plague her upgraded power (red puke), in fact I'd say the Plague is flawed from a design standpoint for that alone. I can only imagine some of the other sick sounds that exist in this game that I just haven't heard because Plague isn't that common and I usually play the same survivors (who happen to not have it as bad as Dwight and maybe others).

To summarize my point: Throw up sounds are so obnoxious on some survivors that it really should be changed, If they just removed the sound completely and made survivors leave a trail of slime while infected it would be a lot better, you can't hide while sick anyway even with Iron will, this change would make playing as Plague a little bit different but still as strong and survivors can just not listen to their character throw up all the time, seems like a win win but I'm sure the first reply will be someone saying it could never work. My reply to such a comment would be that the slime trail could be a green bloodhound effect and wouldn't be that hard to implement.

Thank you for coming to my DED Talk.

Comments