About the upcoming Freddy nerf

Yords
Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I have said before that Freddy is not OP, but I will admit that after a while of listening to people I have concluded that Freddy just has a lot to his base kit. He is not OP, but people feel he has a bit too much in his base kit.

How would I balance him or make him more skillful to play while keeping him strong? I have no idea, but if anything I feel like he should have both the snares and dream pallets in his base kit if he gets nerfed in some places, but buffed in others.

Not sure what to expect, but I sure hope they don't pull a hillbilly on him.

F for old billy.

Comments

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited December 2020

My idea is they'll get rid of Survivors gaining sleep passively. Or on hit. And bring back the mechanic were you have to put them to sleep your self. And keep his snares and gen teleport. Though they might tweak it slightly.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I think the only thing they need to change is the passive sleep timer and make his addons more fun to use

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

When I play survivor and I have to play with him, if it is cheating the game is a gg but if it is with false pals, things get complicated and it would already be broken, in fact with perks such as: discordance, frenetic tremors, corrupt intervention and supervision Makes the game easier from their perspective, the only thing they should change is the false pallets that in case it is broken into red ranks

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

i would just increase his base teleport cooldown from 45 seconds to 60 seconds that means the minimum cooldown when all survivors are asleep will be 24 seconds and not 16 giveing survivors a chance to progress gens at the end game

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Hh..hes doomed at this rate

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

I don’t think so, think of all the bugs that this would cause with trying to code a completely new function with his snares teleportation and fake pallets that’s a lot of ######### put into one character

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

How about they keep him powerful and just make him, I dunno.. INTERESTING? I used to play a ton of old Freddy, and yes, while he was total crap compared to the current version, he could be really fun (Spooky Fred especially). That version of him could've been buffed enough to be viable and unique, but BVHR instead went with "Let's make clown and hag with a generator teleport." I mean come on, it's Freddy! The guy can do anything and that's what they settled on. My leg. MY LEG.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

He already has a big red bar around his power icon so I'm surprised they're even reworking him considering that's all the balance team knows how to make.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

Balance team be like: "We need some way to nerf Freddy, what should we do?"

"Let's just slap some overheat bar on him and call it a day"

Like everyone is saying, he do too much for the low effort it requires. I find it a nice idea to remove the sleep timer passive, so in order to get his power to work on Survivors he needs to hit them first.

It doesn't resolve 100% of the problems but hey, at least now he needs to work for his power.

• Kees_T

Yep, I liked playing with old Freddy. The best thing was some block addons that made survivors sleep in 4 SECONDS instead of 7!! It was funny because most of the times I managed to grab survivors off totems and generators xD

• Kees_T

Also Freddy is such a generic Killer, he's just a M1 Killer that can teleport and slow down survivors in loops, that's it, he doesn't have a unique mechanic to him like the old version of him had. I prefered the old version.

• BangBang
    BangBang Member Posts: 154

Overpowered.

Teleporting, traps, dreaming mechanics, great add-ons.

Too easy-to-use with too many useful abilities.

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

That was the part I hated about playing old Freddy. You would put them to sleep and the survivors knew they had 7 seconds before you could interact with them. They would sit on the gens and get 7 seconds of free repair time, finishing the gen in your face sometimes.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Not all killers have to have super original power, just see The Wraith or Myers, they're not that unique either.

• Zylance
    Zylance Member Posts: 64

Survivors just want m1 killers they can loop.

Keep him as he is imo.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

I hope he gets a cranky old man sound effect buff, like Hillbillies awesome rawr

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

I think the only problem with this character are his slowdown add-ons, take that away, that's it. He would still be strong but he wouldnt be that boring and tedious to face.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

They should either make him weaker (and still easy to play) or more difficult (and still strong). The latter would be better imo

Snares + pallets should be like demo portals, you don't get them back, they deactivate for a while after being triggered then come back. Would actually be nicer for trapping places like killer shack and punish mindlessly flinging snares all around one pallet loop.

Teleportation cooldown should start off low, but get slightly longer each time used, so still highly mobile but worth considering if you actually want to use it whenever it's available. Cooldown reduction addons would also feel more useful.

Slowdown add-ons can go and be replaced with more interesting things. I.e. one let's you teleport right at the start of the match, one lets you teleport between exit gates etc

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

The only nerf Freddy needs is for BT to work on him.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Here's what I'm hoping for:

Dream Snares and Dream Pallets are available at the same time. 5 snares can be placed at a time and 5 pallets can be placed at a time. On PC, the default controls for placing snares would be M2 and the default controls for placing pallets would be L-ALT.

When a snare or pallet is placed, Freddy slows down by 50% for 1 second.

Survivors take 75 seconds to fall asleep on their own.

I think this would make him a much more fun and interesting killer to play as and face.

• derppug
    derppug Member Posts: 239

Stop acting like this is a survivor choice, solely, Even as a killer main, freddy NEEDED to be nerfed. He's way too easy to use and way to powerful. I'd be okay if they didn't nerf him, but like he didn't deserve this and putti\ng blame all on survivor mains is extremely unaware of the game.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

That's about the only thing Id want and I'm even a killer main. I'm usually against nerfing Freddy in any way because of how bad he was at launch and they still nerfed him to please the survivor community. Having BT work when your asleep I feel isn't asking for much. Or just make BT work off the killer's proximity to the hook instead of inside their TR.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Honestly I expect them to make it where survivors can wake up from any clock, and honestly that's going to cripple him if they do that, no one will ever be asleep outside of a chase and you will always have to get the first hit with no help from your power (think oni early game.)

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613

People say he’s op. Yet nurse is higher then him in the tier list yet no on cries because of nurse it’s just there are more Freddy players then nurse

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited December 2020

Survivors said Freddy was OP when he first came out. Killers said he was weak. In that regard I believe the killers were correct. Today however I think the issue falls down to most people just don't know how to play as him or play against him.

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613

this freddy is strong yes but not s tier nurse spirit hag do much better then him a good nurse can end a game so fast its crazy

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,469

when he first came out you couldn't gain sleep passively he had to use his power to pull you into the dream world. you also couldn't see him while awake and he couldn't hit you either. Once you were in the dream world the only way you could wake up was missing a skill check, being hooked or by another survivor. there were no clocks to do it. the things you suggested is how he started out.

and there was no gen teleport either.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

As long as he doesn't have to make the survivors fall asleep to even be able to hit them. But I do see longer cool downs.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

10% movement speed loss when setting a Dream Snare or Pallet, which now adds a 0.5 second cast time.

Move the automatic fall asleep thing to an Add-On.