Why does The Blight need to repeatedly inject himself in trials?

Ghost_Face_Main
Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

Fatigue gimmick aside, why must he stop himself to take an injection after all the running? I can only think of a few theories:

-The Jekyll and Hyde concept is actually a thing with the character, so he injects himself to maintain his form, otherwise he reverts

- He actually never reforms, but takes an injection to boost his abilities temporarily

- (could honestly be general as well) he just needs to satiate is addiction

Comments

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    edited December 2020

That is something that always confused me. If he needed to constantly inject himself to maintain his form, then why would he only do it after a Rush? He also doesn't use the serum to activate a Rush, as he only injects himself with it AFTER finishing a Rush, not before.

• Gruo
    Gruo Member Posts: 129

All the points you mentioned are acurrate.

It is likely to keep Talbot from 'waking up'. Talbot is not completely gone and is just buried within the Blight, so this could a way to keep Talbot from gaining back his mind and remembering who he was because right now he has absolutely no consciousness of his past self.

The Entity may also have a ptsd thanks to what Talbot did in the realm and don't want to deal with that again, so it made Blight take a shot every time just to be safe lol

• Gruo

Interesting, but doubt what's in the needle will be enough to cover for a 'blood loss' after he done sprinting if that is the case, which I think it is not because his body is always releasing the serum and he don't seem to have a problem with. Most likely it is to boost his abilities temporarily when in trials as the OP mentioned.

• Laffle
    Laffle Member Posts: 82

I think the blight itself is like a parasite, and its forcing his body to inject more so it can stay alive.

• Killer4
    Killer4 Member Posts: 29

He is like an Octane (from apex legends) that injects after the rush instead of before

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Most likely to recover energy in some way. He uses blight, when you rush less he doesnt need to recover as much.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

Tremors are a symptom of withdrawal. If you observe blight in the main menu, he's constantly shaking and twitching.

Meaning he is In a state of constant withdrawal and has become dependent on the blight serum to function in the trials.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

I'm gonna go ahead and say that the serum maybe has nothing to do with his power. According to the lore Talbot gives his service to the entity just for more serum, so the serum he is injecting may be the Entity's end of the deal whenever he hurts a survivors with the power Entity gave him. Additionally this probably keeps his form from decaying which is something the Entity wants.

• Gruo

His power description says the serum is what gives him his power. Him needing to inject it in himself to recover energy makes sense and also because this is something he did as a survivor when the serum lost its effect/power on him when he was using it to help him capture the killers before the Entity drove him mad and he became a feral beast depending on the serum. The Entity is dangling that serum needle in front of him to make him hunt Survivors.

• Rabituin
    Rabituin Member Posts: 44

he is a crackhead