The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is there random animation lag after vaulting?

akbays35
akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

I really want a dev to answer this, half the time I never noticed it cause I would just get smacked vaulting, but against an afk killer I messed around the match and noticed randomized animation lag that actually would cause my character to be immobile for half a second. It feels like the same crap that happened with the pallets a few patches back.

Comments

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    DayQuil can cause fatigue. Maybe it’s our culprit? 

There’s a lot of really weird animation stuff going on this patch. Including killer hook animations lol.  
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited October 2018

@akbays35 said:
    I really want a dev to answer this, half the time I never noticed it cause I would just get smacked vaulting, but against an afk killer I messed around the match and noticed randomized animation lag that actually would cause my character to be immobile for half a second. It feels like the same crap that happened with the pallets a few patches back.

The afk killer is probably streaming netflix in the background while deranking, thats why the latency isnt the best :wink:
    (sorry if that was me, but I think you can deal with a slightly higher ping in an afk game)

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Master said:

@akbays35 said:

The afk killer is probably streaming netflix in the background while deranking, thats why the latency isnt the best :wink:

Lol that’s great. 
  • akbays35

@Master said:

@akbays35 said:

(sorry if that was me, but I think you can deal with a slightly higher ping in an afk game)

it's not a ping thing, me and a kate were running around the killer and vaulting over a pallet to 'escape' Kate would have the same issue but it happened at different intervals to both of us. Like my character would be frozen in place for half a second but kate would still be moving normally and she would have the same issue and be stuck in place a half a second. It's actually a substantial issue because it seems like the devs are really hammering problems into vaulting and seeing the issue with pallets I can't help but feel like this is intentional.

• Master

@akbays35 said:

@Master said:

@akbays35 said:

it's not a ping thing, me and a kate were running around the killer and vaulting over a pallet to 'escape' Kate would have the same issue but it happened at different intervals to both of us. Like my character would be frozen in place for half a second but kate would still be moving normally and she would have the same issue and be stuck in place a half a second. It's actually a substantial issue because it seems like the devs are really hammering problems into vaulting and seeing the issue with pallets I can't help but feel like this is intentional.

Then I dont know what you are talking about. Ive never experienced sth like that unless in a laggy game

• akbays35

@Master said:

@akbays35 said:

@Master said:

@akbays35 said:

Then I dont know what you are talking about. Ive never experienced sth like that unless in a laggy game

Vault a pallet 20 times in a row and you'll see it.

• Master

@akbays35 said:

@Master said:

@akbays35 said:

@Master said:

@akbays35 said:

Vault a pallet 20 times in a row and you'll see it.

Did that yesterday after I completed my phial

Havent noticed anything suspicious

• MuttonChops
    MuttonChops Member Posts: 55
    It's soooo bad! I did the slowest vault animation. I'm okay with that since for whatever reason killer can't hit so guess it evens out. 
  • akbays35

you can also see it if you fall down, it does a slower walking animation before you sprint unless you have balanced landing.