Cross play as a definitive remedy to long queues during matchmaking

Entità
Entità Member Posts: 1,583
A lot of players report too very long matchmakings, because of an excessive amount of killers or survivors trying to enter the lobby, specially on PC.

I propose the Developers to allow cross play to solve that issue: it would require minor changes about William Overback, nothing more. It would help the Community, but would be useful for the Devs, too: with just one game version, it would be easier to find and fix bugs and to implement new mechanics and chapters.

Do you agree?

Comments

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

@Watery said:
    The issue with that is there’s a huge difference in how it’s played on console and PC. It’d be hard to win against a PC killer; if they’re good.
    Maybe if consoles que’d together, that’d be fine.

Sure you are at a disadvantage using a controller against someone using keyboard and mouse...especially in shooters hehe. I have always used a controller on PC for this game and still enjoy it. I survive and get four kills on a regular basis too.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    edited October 2018
    Well, when you get to high ranks- it’s a bit different. I mean, you probably aren’t wrong, but I’m not either. I see where you’re coming from, though... and nonetheless, you sound incredulousy arrogant; if I’m being blunt. 
    .Jed said:

@Watery said:
    The issue with that is there’s a huge difference in how it’s played on console and PC. It’d be hard to win against a PC killer; if they’re good.

Sure you are at a disadvantage using a controller against someone using keyboard and mouse...especially in shooters hehe. I have always used a controller on PC for this game and still enjoy it. I survive and get four kills on a regular basis too.

Post edited by Watery on
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    I wouldn't want anyone on PC to suffer the frame drops I've suffered on console lately. If a doctor has that new blight outfit on, you may as well DC
  • Entità
    "Mouse and keyboard" or "controller"? I don't care. XD

Let's play all together: if my opponent is more skilful than me, I'm happy to learn.
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

The only problem in the way is console optimization. It's fps is nowhere near PC's, and it could cause more problems than we know of.

Maybe if console was optimized, who would deny this? I use my controller on pc anyway.

• Entità
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, optimization is necessary for a funny cross play: every device shall have the same quality of gameplay.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    *imagines console Survivors against a PC Nurse*
    A thing of beauty right there... since I have yet gone against a threatening nurse on ps4
  • Samwise
    Samwise Member Posts: 36

@Entità said:
    A lot of players report too very long matchmakings, because of an excessive amount of killers or survivors trying to enter the lobby, specially on PC.

I propose the Developers to allow cross play to solve that issue: it would require minor changes about William Overback, nothing more. It would help the Community, but would be useful for the Devs, too: with just one game version, it would be easier to find and fix bugs and to implement new mechanics and chapters.

Do you agree?

You do realize what would happen to someone playing on PS4 / xbox with 20fps vs a pc player with 60fps right? it would be a complete nightmare for the console players.

• Entità
    I'm a console player and I love nightmares, otherwise I would not love DbD. XD
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Watery said:

Console players claim all the time that they play at the same lvl as PC, some of them will even insult you if you say that you cant compare consoles stuttery casual mess to PCs competitiveness

I would love if they implemented cross play :lol:
    sadly this will never happen and the devs even struggle with the easiest kind of implementations. Dedicated servers or even crossplay is FAR down the road where we will never reach^^

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Peasant said:
    I'm okay with this, as long as you ban Ochido again first.

You win the internet for today.

https://youtu.be/LDU_Txk06tM
    Oh yeah.
  • tizzi717
    tizzi717 Member Posts: 89

i don't agree with you. Cross play only between xbox one and ps4. Keyboard and mouse player are too op sorry

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Master said:

@Watery said:

Console players claim all the time that they play at the same lvl as PC, some of them will even insult you if you say that you cant compare consoles stuttery casual mess to PCs competitiveness

sadly this will never happen and the devs even struggle with the easiest kind of implementations. Dedicated servers or even crossplay is FAR down the road where we will never reach^^

I mean sure, to be honest, I agree. It’s never going to reach. And even with whoever the egotistical person was- no, it’s not going to work.
  • Master

@tizzi717 said:
    i don't agree with you. Cross play only between xbox one and ps4. Keyboard and mouse player are too op sorry

Soon, xbox is supposed to get mouse support too

• Entità
    Are PC players overpowered? A good defeat is better than void victories: you learn, you become more skilled, then you win. I don't like any ghetto amongst players.
  • Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    I, for one, would love to see cross play, it will never happen for a few reasons.

1st is the fact that Bill is on PC and that BHVR doesn't have the rights for him on console, he's a steam exclusive. 

Additionally, it would involve bringing all clients in sync with each other, as well as set up their own servers since Sony does not have cross platform support. 

TL;DR, it's not happening. 
  • tizzi717
    edited October 2018

@Entità said:
    Are PC players overpowered? A good defeat is better than void victories: you learn, you become more skilled, then you win. I don't like any ghetto amongst players.

Pc doesn't have frame drops like console (nurse is barely playable). When you hit a survivor with sloppy butcher again another frame drops. Pc player will win all matches

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

Console survivors versus PC Nurse mains would be hilarious to watch.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    edited October 2018

@Entità said:

Do you agree?

Consoles V Consoles could be a good idea, not so much for Consoles and PC together though, unless PC and console both go against Console.

• tizzi717

@Justicar said:

sloppy butcher frame drops it's survivor side. So both side have some frame drops. Too much advantage for who play on pc

• KillJiggy
    KillJiggy Member Posts: 165

Yall do realize PS4 is still reluctant to allow crossplay, nothing the devs could do if they wanted to.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited October 2018
    If consoles could cross play with each other and OchiDO was banned across all platforms then that would be good. PC players would have a much easier time against console players, so we can’t have PC and console crossplay.
  • Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245
    tizzi717 said:

If consoles could cross play with each other and OchiDO was banned across all platforms then that would be good. PC players would have a much easier time against console players, so we can’t have PC and console crossplay.

KillJiggy said:

Yall do realize PS4 is still reluctant to allow crossplay, nothing the devs could do if they wanted to.

Finally someone gets it.  Pc with xbox is the most likely scenario IF it ever would happen.  Sony has actively disallowed and pushed back against crossplay SPECIFICALLY with other consoles.  Look at what happened with fortnite.  They had to piss off a lot of people before they would allow it to go forward: grudgingly and slowly
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Master said:

@Watery said:

Dedicated servers are coming soon and I'm not joking. It's gonna be around December for sure and I know this since the developers have been continuously saying that they are gonna add a optimization update for console but what does that mean for PC? They can't working on a optimization update for a single platform and not anything else for the PC people. That's because they are working on dedicated servers right now. I'm very very sure of it.
  • tizzi717
    edited October 2018

it's more balanced xbox and ps4 in cross play. crap hardware with crap hardware. same poor optimisation. The level is the same. On pc the gameplay is a lot smooth than console

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

You'd need dedicated servers and brand new code that optimizes everything for both sides then of course you run into the biggest thing stopping it from ever happening.

Sony's insatiable greed will prevent any type of cross platform play from ever happening, even Console versus Console.

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236
    Easier Said than done .. When DBD was Free on PS4 plus it messed up the server for all platforms .. besides the game uses P2P connection atm .. for cross-play You'd need a Server to host ? I'm not sure how it works but it's not that easy esp when you lack in Networking Staff and budget
  • Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

@Nickenzie said:
    Dedicated servers are coming soon and I'm not joking. It's gonna be around December for sure and I know this since the developers have been continuously saying that they are gonna add a optimization update for console but what does that mean for PC? They can't working on a optimization update for a single platform and not anything else for the PC people. That's because they are working on dedicated servers right now. I'm very very sure of it.

Dedicated servers will not affect framerates, just latency/lag. The only thing that's going to improve framerate will be rendering engine optimizations.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Yeah the last thing you want is PC Survivors playing against a console Wraith or Myers and 360ing him all game. Or a PC Nurse stomping the hell out of console Survivors.

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836
    Having Console Crossplay, as well as a completely optional PC Crossplay would be nice.
  • KillJiggy
    KillJiggy Member Posts: 165

@KillJiggy said:

PS4 will not allow crossplay. This thread is pointless.

• powerbats

@KillJiggy said:

@KillJiggy said:

PS4 will not allow crossplay. This thread is pointless.

This, Sony will never allow crossplay ever, they'd screw themselves out of all the royalty money and other money grubbing moves they can do by being solo.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

Killer is significantly easier on PC. As someone that plays on both I'de have to say that my M1 control on PC would give me a pretty markable advantage. Not counting the frame rate difference. A killer that has double the frame rate of a survivor is going to have a major advantage.

Also, just to note. Console killers going against PC survivors will be at a VERY notable disadvantag due to frame rate. That is this: When a killer enters bloodlust there is a very momentary blur. On PC it's almost unoticable. On console it can blind you for a full second.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Lol, those poor console people.
    They're gonna question why their Wraith isn't terrorizing anyone while also fear the ######### out of the Nurse.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

lol ol' Sally Smithson would have a field day with console players.

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836
    Sony are slowly becoming more keen to Crossplay.

As far as the Console and PC talk, it could simply be Opt-in like it is with other Crossplay games.
  • Master

@Justicar said:

Haha yeah

• Master

@Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

@Watery said:

Dedicated servers affect latency, not low framerates.

Anyway, I highly doubt we will EVER see dedicated severs :wink:

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited November 2018
    Master said:

@Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

@Watery said:

Dedicated servers affect latency, not low framerates.

Anyway, I highly doubt we will EVER see dedicated severs :wink:

I just have a feeling the developers can't only be working on a FPS fix for console and nothing else for the PC community. Either dedicated servers or a PC optimization around December, I just have a feeling.
  • chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355
    Infinite 360 console survivors. No, thanks. 
    Rank 1 PC nurse againts console survivors? OMEGALOL

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    We should wait until the December optimization patch to start trying to get cross play
  • powerbats

@KingB said:
    We should wait until the December optimization patch to start trying to get cross play

Well if Xbox instituted cross play for PC and got optimized for it Sony would have to as well or be left out as people move to Xbox for that. Since Microsoft has already talked about wanting to do it and is working on it Sony's going to be the only one other than say nintendo not offering it.