Hallowed Blight Event FIX ASAP - Plant farming after 30/30

Options

Behaviour please!
I got my free Skin right now thats great.
But now I can not farm those plants anymore. This is sad!
Soon no one will be able to farm them anymore and I want my 4k BP for those plants...
Makes the Offering useless soon if no one else can actually farm the plants.
You can not touch them anymore. :( This is heartbreaking right now.

Comments

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

Yeah I'm not sure why they did it this way.

• Eross1b
    Eross1b Member Posts: 58
    Options

Now you can do gens instead of going after plants, and I can get all the nectar :)

• Smashen
    Smashen Member Posts: 85
    Options

@Eross1b said:
    Now you can do gens instead of going after plants, and I can get all the nectar :)

Yup great for you! So you can run around the whole Map to try and find those 3 Plants because you are the only one using the Offering soon. And for the rest of us the Event is just a little Map cosmetic.
    Super Event just like the BBQ Event.. WAIT NO ITS NOT LIKE THAT EVENT.

If they wanted to try out if the game needs another secondary objective, two days of testing is a bit harsh.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Options
    If they allow 30/30 Survivors to continue collecting Cankers, those Survivors would be extremely likely to be greedy or troll - “I’ll get this plant because I want bloodpoints, screw your event progression.”
    How BHVR SHOULD have made it work, is that all Survivors share the same vial progression. One or all Survivors can work on the same or separate Cankers, and the leftover ones can work on generators. At the end, all Survivors would have progression to their vials.

I don’t see why BHVR didn’t make it that way. I know they prevent 30/30 Survivors from juicing Cankers to prevent trolls and greedy players but this is also punishing those who don’t.
    Take notes BHVR - make all Survivors share the same vial progression, as was the case on all other events.
  • Vecors
    Vecors Member Posts: 67
    edited October 2018
    Options

totally agree, they could make it like "If you put an offering you can drain one plant empty" and everyone would be happy.

@Smashen said:
    If they wanted to try out if the game needs another secondary objective, two days of testing is a bit harsh.

Im 100% sure they are testing secondary objectives with this event.

• Might_Oakk
    Options

@Judgement said:
    If they allow 30/30 Survivors to continue collecting Cankers, those Survivors would be extremely likely to be greedy or troll - “I’ll get this plant because I want bloodpoints, screw your event progression.”
    How BHVR SHOULD have made it work, is that all Survivors share the same vial progression. One or all Survivors can work on the same or separate Cankers, and the leftover ones can work on generators. At the end, all Survivors would have progression to their vials.

I don’t see why BHVR didn’t make it that way. I know they prevent 30/30 Survivors from juicing Cankers to prevent trolls and greedy players but this is also punishing those who don’t.
    Take notes BHVR - make all Survivors share the same vial progression, as was the case on all other events.

Dude people were done one side in a few hours. If you can't get 30 vials in 2 weeks I dunno what to say.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited October 2018
    Options

Its something that became apparent after playing it a while, you are right and I think being dependent on others to get your bonus points is not going to work in the long run, you never know how much they need to farm with the system, the way its working I have joined some matches and only need around 15% of a flower to max out my vial so four and no bonus, the killer side is ok as they can always get the bonus with the hook.

Take the other events where less offerings were used towards the end for the players who may have came in a bit later, this has the potential to be even worse as you get nothing for it so no point using them when you could use a party streamer, cake or another blood point offering and get guaranteed points.

Personally I think the extra objective is a nice idea and the event is fun, its only when you start to see these cracks does it seem not very well thought out, they should have went back to the old system and if they want a grind make it more.

Survivors - need 180 cankerous - like the old system each one done by any survivor goes towards your goal if you played an offering, you also have to do at least 25% of one to get them as people cant just leave it to the rest.

Killer - you need 100 event hooks

Needing around 60 games at least for each side is where I got those figures from, 4 each game means 45 games yes so I thought about how long the event lasts and like the others the offerings will probably start to be used less, killers are also less as they have to be near a hook to get the point and RNG is not always in favour of this.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Judgement said:

Dude people were done one side in a few hours. If you can't get 30 vials in 2 weeks I dunno what to say.

Oh I don’t know, maybe people who don’t have ‘a few hours’ to play consecutively as hardcore as a legend like you to 100% their vials in exactly 30 matches?
    Or maybe people who are busy with other stuff that takes priority over a damn game?
    Or maybe people who play other games more than they play Dead By Daylight? Other games that are more enjoyable than Dead By Daylight, I might add?
    Or Civilisation V?

Do you have ‘something to say’ about those circumstances, Might?
    Oh what am I saying? You already said you don’t.
  • Smashen
    Options

@Judgement said:
    Might_Oakk said:

@Judgement said:

Oh I don’t know, maybe people who don’t have ‘a few hours’ to play consecutively as hardcore as a legend like you to 100% their vials in exactly 30 matches?
    Or maybe people who are busy with other stuff that takes priority over a damn game?
    Or maybe people who play other games more than they play Dead By Daylight? Other games that are more enjoyable than Dead By Daylight, I might add?
    Or Civilisation V?

Honestly I don't care about casuals. I play this game all day.
    Finally there is an REALLY NICE Event and I have to realy on others for my extra BP???
    There are up to 7 Plants right now.
    Sidenote: Killers do not get ######### like this !!!
    But soon no one will use those Offerings anymore so those people you want to speak for are ######### by that too. So whats you whole point? Just fix this Behaviour please.
    It is just sad there is an Event going on and you can't participate in it anymore after 2 days.

• Naiad
    Naiad Member Posts: 194
    Options

So in other words your greedy, because you have the ability to do nothing all day but play a computer game?
    'Those people' that take longer than a day or two, or buy the game halfway through an event have always had it rougher because people always stopped burning event offerings towards the end.

• Might_Oakk
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Judgement said:
    Might_Oakk said:

@Judgement said:

Or Civilisation V?

I'm sorry the devs don't cater to people who play less then 3 hours every 2 weeks during its largest event. Maybe you are entitled and they should just give it to you?. Or maybe online gaming isn't for you?

Ps. I thought you were getting me banned from this forum? What happened there friend?

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

@Naiad said:
    So in other words your greedy, because you have the ability to do nothing all day but play a computer game?
    'Those people' that take longer than a day or two, or buy the game halfway through an event have always had it rougher because people always stopped burning event offerings towards the end.

You don't need others to burn offerings in order to harvest the nectar, you can use your own.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

They´ll have to fix this soon. Otherwise people will stop using the offering and it will be harder and harder for others to get their vials. Right now i need 2 matches as killer to get a vial. As survivor i have to be really unlucky to need 2 matches.

• Naiad
    Options

@HellDescent said:

@Naiad said:

You don't need others to burn offerings in order to harvest the nectar, you can use your own.

I know that, it's just more of a grind at the end. It's much easier to harvest nectar with 7 plants/hooks on a map than only 2. Especially for killers whose 2 hooks are nowhere near where they downed a survivor. Running iron grasp and/or agitation isn't always an option if those haven't appeared in your killers bloodweb yet.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

They need to fix it, its too unfair for Survivors

• Aseyra
    Aseyra Member Posts: 1
    Options

I really love the graphics of the Event, all this love what's in your work. It's a great job, but please change the plants. Actually it's horrible to search a lobby as killer because most of the ppl want to play as killer because they will earn bloodpoints! please change it!

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Options
    +1

I don't wanna sit on these offerings until next year. Fix it. 
  • Vecors
    Vecors Member Posts: 67
    Options

@Smashen said:

Or Civilisation V?

If its just a damn game, why care about some skins in it ?

• Smashen
    edited October 2018
    Options

Finally some people with brains are posting!
    Seeing whats going on on Reddit made me disbelieve in the whole community.

Edit: Yea I am really sorry that I am salty. But common. I stood behind the Event even though a big chunk of Reddit dislikes it. But I draw the line if I can not even participate actively on the Event objectives.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    Judgement said:

@Judgement said:

Or Civilisation V?

If you are one to be casual towards DBD as you're stating then you shouldn't be that worried about it... after all you have other priorities as I do.. i'm not playing at all over the opening weekend because priorities... but this doesn't take away the fact that bhvr puts a time limit on an event to make people wanna play... that's why they do events to make people play... this event is only about the bp though since you can just buy the rewards.. like come on if you fail at getting a free skin just buy it dude
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

@Mc_Harty said:
    I'm not asking for more vials to unlock more cosmetics, I'm asking to interact with the plants so I can get bloodpoints.

This sounds more than reasonable.

• JAZC_CR
    JAZC_CR Member Posts: 207
    Options

@Vecors said:
    totally agree, they could make it like "If you put an offering you can drain one plant empty" and everyone would be happy.

@Smashen said:

Im 100% sure they are testing secondary objectives with this event.

thats true

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604
    Options

I saw this coming when they made the plants optional objectives instead of just making them gens. Add in the fact that you can't harvest plants when you're done with the event and people are going to be spamming killer for Bloodpoints. Which means yay long as hecc killer queue times. :angry:

You should be able to collect vials after you recieve all 30, and perhaps be awarded 5k BP for each vial after the 30th.
    Or better yet: let dedicated players who want to grind get all the cosmetics?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,698
    Options

@Naiad said:

This isn't being greedy. This is wanting to be able to participate in the event without being artificially blocked. Once you reach 30 vials, you should start each map with an empty vial. Simple as that. This is a huge mistake that should be fixed ASAP!

• Smashen
    Options

@TigerKirby215 said:
    I saw this coming when they made the plants optional objectives instead of just making them gens. Add in the fact that you can't harvest plants when you're done with the event and people are going to be spamming killer for Bloodpoints. Which means yay long as hecc killer queue times. :angry:

You should be able to collect vials after you recieve all 30, and perhaps be awarded 5k BP for each vial after the 30th.
    Or better yet: let dedicated players who want to grind get all the cosmetics?

Honestly when they said the Event will be tied to some cosmetics I did not even think about them being non purchasable through some grind fest.
    I was honestly happy to do something for two weeks!
    Now we get two free Skins which is super nice ofcourse and I do not complain about not getting the rest of the skins.. but ######### my bloodpoints/Killer queue is not nice.

This Event reminds me so much of back in the day when I actively played World of Warcraft and a new Event started and you have to gather everything for half a month.
    Near the end you got everything. Epic nostalgia feeling.

• Naiad
    Options

@Dreamnomad said:

@Naiad said:

This isn't being greedy. This is wanting to be able to participate in the event without being artificially blocked. Once you reach 30 vials, you should start each map with an empty vial. Simple as that. This is a huge mistake that should be fixed ASAP!

Ok maybe greedy was taking it too far. But imagine you only get to play 2 hours a day of DbD. Now your a solo player and you've joined up with three other who have already got their 30 vials. 5 offerings are used meaning there are 7 plants on the map. To get a full vial you need to drain almost 3 plants, and those survivors with 30 already are wanting to drain plants just for their extra BP because they've already finished with the event.

TBH either way it's going to be a grind for those players since they'd either be competing with people who need nectar, who already have nectar but want the bonus bp, or they'd be going in with only a few (or none) offerings and possibly other survivors gen rushing/dying quickly.

It would be nice if DbD could balance it where those who have all their vials had a way of participating without, possibly, making it harder on those who haven't finished. BUT remember also this is the first time DbD has done an event this way. While you may feel you can't participate anymore, with feedback they may change future events. In the meantime use pre-match lobbies to find out if a survivor has an empty serum and play your offering and hope for the best.

• AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    Options
    Smashen said:

@Judgement said:
    Might_Oakk said:

@Judgement said:

Or Civilisation V?

Honestly I don't care about casuals. I play this game all day.
    Finally there is an REALLY NICE Event and I have to realy on others for my extra BP???
    There are up to 7 Plants right now.
    Sidenote: Killers do not get ######### like this !!!
    But soon no one will use those Offerings anymore so those people you want to speak for are ######### by that too. So whats you whole point? Just fix this Behaviour please.
    It is just sad there is an Event going on and you can't participate in it anymore after 2 days.

Can't agree more. I don't care about a casual Gamer who plays like 2hrs dbd per week, if someone doesnt play more he doesn't need the skins either. Those skins should be grindy, if you don't put the time into it then just buy it (even if I don't agree with the high pricing, but that's not my problem).
    Why do we need to carry those "uh I don't want to grind or fight for those points, but I want everything" people? Lol, those people are most likely playing a bit during a new DLC and drop the game after first week and repeat 
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,698
    Options

@Naiad said:

Ok maybe greedy was taking it too far. But imagine you only get to play 2 hours a day of DbD. Now your a solo player and you've joined up with three other who have already got their 30 vials.

Okay, now imagine that you are the only one who brought an offering. There are only 3 plants total on the whole map and no one else on your teams gives a crap about harvesting. The killer happens to find you and tunnel you. You are going to die and now there is 0% chance of even gaining the bonus bloodpoints. At least if other people bring offering and harvest plants, you should get like 20k bloodpoints even if you get tunneled.

And more plants means a higher chance of finding the plants. If there are only 3 plants and you are the only one looking for them then there is no guarantee that you'll find and be able to harvest the plants. If everyone else in the team already has all their vials then they don't give a crap who does the harvesting. They just want the bloodpoints. They would rather have someone else do the harvesting. You really aren't thinking your position through here.

• Trotfoxx
    Trotfoxx Member Posts: 105
    Options

@Smashen said:
    Behaviour please!
    Soon no one will be able to farm them anymore and I want my 4k BP for those plants...

+1000. The survivor event is over a day after it started... just let people keep sucking those plants.

• AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Can we get a quick petition or something starting to get the attention of the devs? @Not_Queen can you help us in this weird situation? This event feels like a huge win as killer but not a huge win as survivor 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Smashen said:
    Behaviour please!

Jesus I am annoyed by the event already.
    Everyone just suicides all the time, im glad if everyone is finally done :lol:

• Naiad
    Options

@Dreamnomad said:

@Naiad said:

Ok maybe greedy was taking it too far. But imagine you only get to play 2 hours a day of DbD. Now your a solo player and you've joined up with three other who have already got their 30 vials.

Okay, now imagine that you are the only one who brought an offering. There are only 3 plants total on the whole map and no one else on your teams gives a crap about harvesting. The killer happens to find you and tunnel you. You are going to die and now there is 0% chance of even gaining the bonus bloodpoints. At least if other people bring offering and harvest plants, you should get like 20k bloodpoints even if you get tunneled.

And more plants means a higher chance of finding the plants. If there are only 3 plants and you are the only one looking for them then there is no guarantee that you'll find and be able to harvest the plants. If everyone else in the team already has all their vials then they don't give a crap who does the harvesting. They just want the bloodpoints. They would rather have someone else do the harvesting. You really aren't thinking your position through here.

@Naiad said:
    In the meantime use pre-match lobbies to find out if a survivor has an empty serum and play your offering and hope for the best.

Or you didn't read what I wrote. I said in pre-game lobby ask if anyone still needs nectar. And if the answer is yes use an offering. It will benefit them and you'll have an extra chance at BP. It's what I'll be doing. We're not even talking about this. People are complaining they can't harvest flowers after they have all vials so they'll not use their offerings and it's a waste.

• Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293
    edited October 2018
    Options

i see a lot of people complaining about being 30/30 on survivor and they cant get bonus bp anymore , have you used a offering after you are 30/30- ? I have and I have been getting between 12-20k extra bp every match . it seems to be connected to how many petals are brought into the game and how many ae used .

So I think they way they have it set up is to the bennifit of the majority of players . if you are 30/30 then use a offering to help out your fellow survivors and the killers since they need 6 for a single vial . this way you can get your precious bonus bp and the other players can get their skins easier …

the only downside to this is those 3 and 4 man swf try hards that are 30/30 because they don't have anyone to get serum with and are screwing themselves . I like this idea , choose between being a ty hard group or getting bonus bp ...

• Smashen
    edited October 2018
    Options

Yea its okay. I will just play Killer because they can farm those points the whole 24/7 for 2 weeks. OH WAIT KILLER QUEUES ARE ######### RIGHT NOW !? WHY ?! Is there maybe a good reason more Killers want to play instead of Survivors ??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Its not like Killers already get more points as Survivor.
    Im so pissed at this "Event".
    HEY GUYS YOU KNOW THIS EVENT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?? TOO BAD YOU ARE ALREADY DONE haha. Imagine you only needed to farm 15 before they changed it to 30. XDDD

Please guys let those 2 hour casuals farm! Because they really need a free skin for a game they only play 5 hours a week. HOW CAN I SAY ANYTHING AGAINST THOSE CASUALS! I should get Entitiy slaped.

Honestly this drives me crazy how people are defending this #########.
    Just let me farm the plants. If someone else needs them they have two whole weeks what I did in one day.

Edit: ~I had a bad day~

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    They´ll have to fix this soon. Otherwise people will stop using the offering and it will be harder and harder for others to get their vials. Right now i need 2 matches as killer to get a vial. As survivor i have to be really unlucky to need 2 matches.

I'm sitting at 38 vials. 30 for survivor 8 for killer. I'm going to be extremely upset being the only one burning an offering for the next week just to get the last 132 special hooks i need. If i only have 3 hooks in play and get the 3 each match that is 44 matches. I'm gonna be a miserable SOB and go ham next month with Mori's every friggin match!

• Tsulan
    Options
    fcc2014 said:

@Tsulan said:

I'm sitting at 38 vials. 30 for survivor 8 for killer. I'm going to be extremely upset being the only one burning an offering for the next week just to get the last 132 special hooks i need. If i only have 3 hooks in play and get the 3 each match that is 44 matches. I'm gonna be a miserable SOB and go ham next month with Mori's every friggin match!

I really hope they change that. Otherwise we'll need the rest of the event for those vials. 
    I'm already seeing survivors not burning any offerings. 
  • TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435
    Options

@Might_Oakk said:

@Judgement said:

agreed, me and some others are already done with the entire event so I can go back to more spamming everyone

• Smashen
    Options

I cant play with my friends because we all have 30/30.
    I have to play solo and hope someone else still needs those vials.

And Killers can just suck those Hookers 24/7 for two weeks. This is ridiculous unfair..
    I cant believe no one is standing behind me on this one.
    Or not enough that the devs would care.. :(

• Tsulan
    Options
    Smashen said:

And Killers can just suck those Hookers 24/7 for two weeks. This is ridiculous unfair..

You got your 30 killer vials?
  • Babatom
    Babatom Member Posts: 23
    Options

It astounds me that nobody at Behaviour thought about this. I feel like all of the design time was put into making glowing models and cosmetics and no thought was put into the mechanics at all. That, or the new events team don't understand this game in the slightest.

• Smashen
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Smashen said:

No because the Killer queue is ridiculous long bro.
    Because no one gives a ######### on Survivor side because as Killer you get easy 80k BP every game. With BBQ ofc.

• Lumi83
    Lumi83 Member Posts: 66
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Smashen said:

this doesn't address the fact that killers can still get bonus points after reaching their 30/30 and survivors have to hope to get them.. its just wrong and unfair.

• Someissues
    Options

Its a massive bug, this needs to be fixed asap,

once all of u had 30 vials, none of u will get extra bloodpoints cuz u cant harvest anything

Stop being biased Killer mains

• Smashen
    Options

Finally people realize the problem ?!
    I looked at the front page of General Discussion and it seems like Killer queues are getting even more ridiculous. And more people spread the note.
    People dont see the problem until its right in their faces man..
    I saw the problem immediately after I couldnt M1 the plants xD

I made a forum post, asked on Reddit, wrote an ingame Ticket which "JJ" responded via an automated message IMO but still nothing. This Event is gone from "I'm totally hyped to play for 2 weeks" to "######### is this waiting game?!" in less than 2 days.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Tsulan said:

I really hope they change that. Otherwise we'll need the rest of the event for those vials. 
    I'm already seeing survivors not burning any offerings. 

I guess be Thankful we get 2 hooks that can't be broke minus our offerings. Still rough though.

• Someissues
    Options

@Smashen said:
    Finally people realize the problem ?!
    I looked at the front page of General Discussion and it seems like Killer queues are getting even more ridiculous. And more people spread the note.
    People dont see the problem until its right in their faces man..
    I saw the problem immediately after I couldnt M1 the plants xD

I made a forum post, asked on Reddit, wrote an ingame Ticket which "JJ" responded via an automated message IMO but still nothing. This Event is gone from "I'm totally hyped to play for 2 weeks" to "######### is this waiting game?!" in less than 2 days.

Yep this increase killer queue time as a whole because theres no incentive to play survivors since u dont get bonus bloodpoints whereas killer does, it's completely unfair

• BearTrapSnap
    BearTrapSnap Member Posts: 86
    Options
    I'm still surprised people have already gone 60/60 on these. I play a lot in my time off work and don't even have 15 on both sides yet.

IMO nothing needs to be done. Yes, you've gotten all your vials. True, you can't harvest anymore. Offerings still give you the bonus BP so others can get a chance for their serum. If they're wasted, they're wasted. It was your choice to grind this out already and finish early. You completed the event. What more do you need?