How would you guys buff Wraith ?

Wraith is probably the weakest killer in the game and one of the most addon reliant killers . Any ideas on what buffs he should receive to make him stronger ? Maybe add some sort of secondary ability to his kit like pyramid head ?

Comments

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

The big thing off the top of my head would be to loosely incorporate elements of the Windstorm and Shadowdance add-ons into Wraith's base Cloak and then nerf those add-ons accordingly (because Wraith could use a buff, but most of his add-ons do not need one).

Cloaked Wraith should move faster (probably the same speed as Yellow Windstorm) and he should be able to vault faster (perhaps the same slight vaulting bonus that EWII Myers gets). Then give him "true invisibility" when he is cloaked and further than 32m or so from survivors.

Then we can buff his Blink add-ons to actually do something useful by decreasing the range he can be from survivors while retaining "true invisibility" (and I guess these could keep their current-and-mostly-useless function in addition to this).

I'm almost certain someone's going to say "remove Lightburn from Wraith", but I think the devs should just tweak how Lightburn affects him instead. They could reduce how long the Lightburn stun is and have it prevent Wraith from re-cloaking for 5-10 seconds. Then give him Lightburn resistance while performing the damage action (for kicking gens or breaking pallets/walls) which persists for X seconds afterwards, since he partially uncloaks during this animation anyways.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

His big issue is map coverage. He really needs to be able to move faster when cloaked; maybe play with the idea of allowing him to walk through solid objects while invisible, at the cost of taking longer to phase back in.

But they'll probably just give him some stupid cooldown timer like they do for every killer they remake.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

That’s impossible how do you add something like that to a killer that’s so basic he’s too basic

• Rydog
  • Chilli_man2400

If I were to buff the Wraith, 1st off I would make him completely invisible, increase his cloaked movement speed to 150% speed, make it so he can walk through walls and pallets while invisible but he can’t attack, he can still break pallets and gens but can’t attack.

When the Wraith uncloaks himself he moves at 230% speed for 1.5 seconds and the sound of the bell is heard 12 meters from his location. When he turns invisible the bell is silent and the Woosh sound is removed this is how I would buff Wraith

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Honestly just make a couple of his add-ons base kit

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

That would cause quite a few glitvhes. A better buff is giving him true invisibility past a certain distance that was you cant see a cloaked wraith move 20+meters away from you as they patrol. He's quite easy to see for a stealth killer.

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299
  • Rydog

230%, easy there buddy. I think Spirit is, what, 175% while phasing?

• Chilli_man2400

Would you rather face Spirit Hag Slinger or would rather face the new and improved Wraith. Also one more thing if the Wraith is 2 meters near a hooked survivor for 3 seconds he instantly reappears. This is to not make him a camping killer

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited December 2020

+15% extra movement speed while cloaked

Remove lightburn

Rework windstorm add-ons or lower the values (+5/+7/+9 instead of +12/+16/+20 or something)

That's literally all they have to do and he's a good killer. I really hope they're gonna make simple changes like this instead of making unnecessary and pointless changes that don't really change the killer for better or for worse and everyone's like "...ok, whatever I guess" (Hillbilly's overheat mechanic).

Quality of life >>>> new mechanics imo, at least for now.

• Chilli_man2400

I’m only talking about when he uncloaks cause you know how when you uncloak as wraith you get a speedboost I made it longer while having a higher speed so you can actually lunge at them but it’s only 1.5 seconds then your back to being a M1 killer

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

*Looks at nurse and blight*

Nah,i'd rather not have another killer that has to deal with stupid object hitboxes >.>

• Rydog
  • AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049
    edited December 2020

His speed that he gets after he uncloaks shouldn't be a guaranteed hit. People would complain that he has no counter when he uncloaks, that change would not be healthy for the game.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

The weakest killer in the game?

What the hell have you been smoking? 😂

Yes he is add on depanding but sure as hell nowhere weak as you might think.

If you do think Hest the weakest than you might have a wrong playstyle with him.

Sure I don't win every game as wraith but I do most of them.

Even swf on comms I can handle eventhough they need a bit more focus from me then.

I think what they are allready said they're doing, full invincibility is already a very good start.

Also I think if the give him the speed add on as base when clocked would also be a good idea.

Other than that I wouldn't do much about it.

• Laffle
    Laffle Member Posts: 82

3 add-on slots.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Allow cloaked Wraith to phase through walls and objects, would help save time between travels because he doesn't have to waste time maneuvering!

Of course, he wouldn't be able to go through walls and objects while uncloaking! 😅

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited December 2020

Wraith isn't that weak because his power aids him in one of the two ways that are generally what you want a power to do in the current meta, mainly he has really good mobility to cover lots of distance. He is definitely way better than he was and depending on who you ask he is better than Clown, plague, legion, or trapper. Obviously many people think he is worse, but he isn't a trash fire now that vacuum pallets are gone and having a power that bypasses pallet looping isn't MANDATORY.

His main issue is more that his power is sorta a worse version of Ghostface's when it comes to chase potential, and has a lot of clunkyness. I don't mind that he isn't actually an ambush killer, but it feels like he would benefit from getting aura read into his base kit so his identity as a 'high uptime' killer is cemented. Worse detection and stall than Doctor, but more map pressure. Perhaps giving him a stalk effect would also make sense, so he could threaten from cloak a bit. But that would make him REALLY like Ghostface. Maybe stalking only while stationary to unlock the ability to attack that survivor, but not instadown, and landing the hit decloaks him.

Removing lightburn also just makes sense. Its a pretty archaic weakness of his kit from back when they thought killers needed to have the potential to have their power be a downside or be lost, on par with how old trapper was weak to sabo effects.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

they have already said of a wraith change thats coming and let me tell you its big.

they are making it to where you can no longer see him moving around true invisibility.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Baseline yellow windstorm effect. The other windstorms would then need to be nerfed, possibly so that each windstorm has the effect of the windstorm a tier above it.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Never understood what prevents Wraith from swinging his weapon when cloaked. His arms aren’t incapacitated, and his weapon shouldn’t be any less functional when invisible. Sure, game-wise it could be considered unfair as he wouldn’t need to uncloak, but why the entity would limit the potential of his power like that is a mystery.

• HR_Helios
    HR_Helios Member Posts: 189

Make yellow windstorm base kit and move the other windstorms up a tier. Increase the duration of addon induced bonuses coming out of cloak. (Shadow dance for example would last a couple seconds after uncloaking allowing for plays at loops). Decrease the cloaking time. Keep uncloak and uncloak addons as is. Those are the ideas I have

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

As a Wraith main, I have a couple points to make for his basekit, since his addons are fine minus small tweaks to Windstorm which I'll talk about in a second.

Apparently the Wraith partially enters the Spirit Realm, according to the lore, so that's why he can't attack Survivors. Doesn't explain how he can still bodyblock, but it's whatever.

Anywhom, in regards to changes I would make, true invisibility while cloaked is a must-have buff for Wraith. His breathing is loud and obnoxious, and only those who don't hear him coming get trapped. In high level play, a cloaked Wraith may as well be running visible unless he has Windstorm or Shadow Dance or All Seeing going.

On the topic of other additions, Wraith would certainly benefit from getting a bit more of a boost to his base speed, whether that be for actions or movement. I would certainly enjoy the movement speed addition, since that opens the door for more than just Windstorm.

Aside from that, his addons are varied and fun, and besides tweaking numbers on whatever is added to his basekit, nothing else really deserves change.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

...and he can kick while cloaked too, so why not jus swing the weapon? idek 🤷🏼‍♀️

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

By definition a wraith is not supposed to be completely invisible.