What type of cheats you bumped into?

Lately I bumped into cheating survivors. Instant get up from the floor, instant escape from hook.

I am wondering if there is a cheat which would force to killer to disconnect. I got disconnected during games which makes no sense cause my ping is arouns 50 ms and I even stream, so my internet connection suppose to be solid enough not to get disconnected.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Infinite insta heal claudettes. I've had 2 of those. And a claudette that "escaped" when she was hooked.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Speedy killers, the ones that are zooming around the map without any perks/add ons to increase speed.

• shelobster
    shelobster Member Posts: 272
    edited December 2020

Yup ran into a bunch of these too. Also a flying Huntress. She'd occasionally stop on top of a building to throw hatchets. And then she'd go off "chasing" someone from the sky again. And the hatchets also hit 100% of the time too.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

A killer that had infinite stacks of Remember Me so we couldn’t open the gates. That’s the most interesting one I’ve seen, usually they’re just speed hackers.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

I've never ran into a killer cheating (or if they were, they were sneaky enough about it that I didn't notice).

I've ran into three survivors cheating, all with the same cheat setup. They could "hook" themselves anywhere they wanted to (so I couldn't get by them) and it instantly healed them all the way when they "got down". It didn't count as an actual hooking though so they could just keep doing it to either get in my way, heal themselves the few times I could actually get a hit in, or block me in doorways and forcing me to go around.

• bm33

Also have had killers that don't get stunned by pallets. They make the stunned sound and I get the killer stun notification pop up on my screen but they're moving like nothing happened. It's been several different killers.

• SeeAndWait
    SeeAndWait Member Posts: 94
  • lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682

After several hundred hours only ran into one, that was invincible - my attacks would go through them and I couldn't interrupt him. They wall/speed hacked through the walls and did the gens very fast.

That's the one that was obvious, it's got to be easy to hide wallhacks or other cheats when you're not obvious. There's info perks, SWF comms, etc that can brush away questions like "how did you know I was coming?"

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576
    edited December 2020

I only ran into one cheating survivor.

No mither and couldnt be hooked.

Idk if this was lag switching or a cheat.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Probably only seen 15-20 obvious and clear cheaters in ~3300 hours, and most of them did some sort of connection manipulation. Old-school teleports behind u p2p style lagswitching, stuff seeming like intentional VPN abuse, that sorta thing.

Seen like 4 blatantly speedhacking survivors.

2 Leatherfaces that revved up as the match started, then rapidly teleported to down everyone in 0.2 seconds and let everyone bleed out.

1 person that just straight up walked through the gate and left with 5 gens left.

• bm33
  • TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

Only run into two as a Survivor. One was very obvious, basically a teleport cheat where the Killer would start up a lunge and no matter the distance would suddenly blink directly behind the Survivor.

The other was a Huntress who made it so her hatchets could be thrown through objects.

• EvilClimax
    EvilClimax Member Posts: 41

unhookable feng: her ping spiked to 1000 only when about to be hooked, went vs this cheat multiple times, vsed it yesterday as well. Her teammates also talked ######### while being in a swf and knowing she was cheating. Usually aurvivors cheat way more, i've met lagswitching killers as well tho.

• bm33

I had a Legion that first 3 gens played normal but when down to 2 gens and his ruin was destroyed he started hitting survivors through walls and outside of his terror radius. In Rancid Abbatoir I had hopped through window and was on opposite side of fencing near gen, he hit me from outside the window. After that by cow tree I could hear him just swiping randomly until I went down in cornfield - he was on opposite side of a wall by the cow tree. When I spectated after dying I saw my remaining teammates experience same questionable hits.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

In any online game, cheating will an issue. There will be patches to fix the cheats, then they find new ways - it's a circle at the end of the day.

But please, nobody put information on cheats onto this forum, thank you.

• NightShroud
    NightShroud Member Posts: 14

was with a jake that could walk through walls. felt really bad for that piggy having to deal with him :(

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

By that you mean discussing how to use specific exploits right? Discussing what we've seen happen is ok isn't it? I've only seen lag switching personally but I find this thread very amusing and strange.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

on console, before crossplay just lag spike's .Since crossplay all type of thing's.

There was a match where,I hooked a Meg and the game ended when, I was proxy camping but she was still on the hook.

Recently with just lag spiking, I've had to hit survivor's more than twice in the dying state mainly just lag switching tho.

It's less extreme than this,because the game didn't crash.

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    edited December 2020
    • Wall-hacks
    • Having more than 5 Perks
    • Wraith constantly invisible
    • Survivors that can pick themselves up instantly
    • Having more than 1 of the same Perk
    • Getting stuck in the grab animation
    • Getting teleported to the basement
    • A Ghostface that can fly and throw hatchets
    • Survivors crawling at the speed of sound
    • Having Perks from the wrong side
    • Nurse infinitely stacking a temp speed boost
    • Perma-blinding Killers with flashlight
    • Hiding Perks from post-game chat
    • Survivors using parkour to climb over the exit
    • Michael Myers with a chainsaw

Just to list of those I've experienced in my history of matches played.

• swearingtulip28
    swearingtulip28 Member Posts: 35

A blighted legion throwing hatchets at me while I was in coal tower.

• VicThor
    VicThor Member Posts: 347

Do you have any active cheat monitoring? I mean for example is there any monitoring tool which would observe for example how a quick a survivor gets up from the floor etc?

• DublChen
    DublChen Member Posts: 1

Killers running no perks that cross the entire map to where we are hiding, fully healed just not moving around, to put us into dying with one swing. They hadn't hooked anyone, either, so no BBQ and Chili. This has happened QUITE a bit with me and my team. We've started reporting them, but... Eh, with no results.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

No mither players that couldn't be picked from a locker or hooked. They could also freeze other survivors in place and disabled my power or the ability to interact with pallets.

Insta gen completion.

A Spirit with hidden Stridor.

A Huntress running Bond.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

Tbf the Spirit could have just had really good headphones. I have expensive headphones with spatial sound and I can hear the craziest things.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

This one, funny but still recorded and reported.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Stridor makes you actually louder and if you have Iron Will you can hear yourself.

I knew her full 'official' loadout because she had only slowdown perks which all have visible effects. Yet, I and a Claudette both made grunts of pains when injured despite Iron Will and the other two survivors where very loud. The killer had extra perks. It's an actual hack, look it up.

• FlanFan
    FlanFan Member Posts: 17

Pretty sure I went against a hacker today, it was a legion that was somehow teleporting everywhere? When I started to loop him he teleported behind me and downed me, when I went to heal a downed survivor when my spine chill wasn't lit up and there was no heartbeat, he somehow got right behind me and downed me again. They were really bad as they kept trying to hit me at every pallet and window I passed even though I was far away from them.

• Instant heals have been a big one. Just toggle to full health.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited December 2020
  • Yeah, but it is fairly concerning how there are so much more lately. Is EAC dropping the ball?

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Same cheat on 2 matches different persons.

Insta healing before the weapon cooldown.

Had the cheaters as teammates and I was being semi camped, survivor got hit, survivor healed, killer hit, survivor healed all before the weapon cooldown.

Cheater said "autodidact is a great perk"

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363

Minor cheats: Insta heal, slight faster than killer without blood lust, lagswitching.

Major cheats: Controling game like you own a server(cheaters can tp you and lock you in place) can spawn dummy survivors as much as they want, can tp around the map, can make you hook them more that three times and soo on.

Ofc when you try to take screen shots or something with their info later in the endgame window they dc you from the lobby.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

In my 2.5 years on DBD, I've only run into 2 hackers.

One was an autoaim Huntress. When she hit me in basement from the main building on Disturbed Ward, I kinda knew. The other was an instant healing, speed hacking, turbo t-bagging Claudette. I was playing Myers and she kept t-bagging in front of me then running away. Welllll, I was playing Tombstone Myers and she ran into me and got mori'd. Fastest DC I've ever seen.

I've run into plenty of people on Console who try to boot you offline tho, that's always fun.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Invisible Nurse just yesterday.

• Brhoom
    Brhoom Member Posts: 241

Silly hacks like flying and instant heal don't bother me as much as the more subtle ones.

Spirit and Trapper that knew where we were the whole time. I had distortion on and a stack was consumed, meaning my aura and scratch mark were not visible. She phased right into my spot where there were no gens.

Trapper didn't even try to hide it as much.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Yeah if EAC isn't detecting killers that can fly and use other killer powers it makes you wonder how many more things people get away with, like slightly increasing movement but not to a level most others would notice.

• TimeOutTimmy
    TimeOutTimmy Member Posts: 135

I have ran into the same Ghostface hacker twice now. First time there was aura reveal the whole match, and more recently mori's without offering or perks.

My friend messaged him after the aura reveal thing, and he claimed BBQ and Chili... but he also took a screenshot and there was no BBQ.

I won't get into the psychology of cheating... but people are missing something in their daily lives, when hacking and cheating are fun.