I will lobby dodge if I see this

Options
2»

Comments

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    Options

I do the same, I usually dodge matches if I see all 4 players are from my platform (I assume they are SWF) and accept matches if there's 2 players from a different platform. Sometimes I play regardless if i have already dodged lots of times...

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited December 2020
    Options

It does not, and if one survivor does not ready up to allow them to quick swappt o an annoying setup at 16 seconds left just before it goes red you can hold your ps/xbox guide button and close the game or have task manager prepared on pc (to quickly alt+tab to) to quickly force end the game as long as it's still on the offerings screen and doesn't show the loading bar yet without a penalty and it should also give offerings back that way. survivors did that allt he time when moris were around every time the killer had a hidden offering, if you noticed "a player has disconnected during matchmaking" or anything similar after along attempt to load a match while using a hidden offering as a killer 9 times out of ten that was what happened.

Now that survivors don't need the trick any more you can bet devs will fix it within a month or two, well before keys are lightly tapped on the wrist, so enjoy it as often as you can while you can. Although the best advice if a survivor doesn't ready up is to simply dodge that lobby and punish them for it/deter that undesired behavior by making them wait for another killer and sparing yourself the waste of time on the countdown in the lobby and starting the game back up again if you crash on the offerings screen.

The only reason you should need to crash it on the offering screen, if you dodge lobbies well, is when you see 4 offerings for the same map. ALWAYS crash it on those and if you aren't fast enough to crash it before the loading just take the 5 minute penalty on that map and my word for it that it's the right choice for you there. Anyone telling you different, even if they claim to be a killer, is probably not wanting to deter killers from falling into the funzone swf nightmare world traps.

It is very rare that 4 random survivors will all coincidentally use the same offering unless it is a bloodpoint offering, or a non purple mist thicken offering unless it's a swf wanting to bring you to a map that will make you miserable against their team. And swf CAN be crossplatform, it's just not likely to be common unless one of their friends does not have the game on the same platform. most of those swf groups should be the casual ones and not a problem though, but they can still communicate over voip outside of the consoles as well and I wonder if some have or will just to throw off lobby dodging killers. So never stay in a game with 4 map offerings all for the same map, the only exception might be hawkins lab depending on your killer. You might think middlewich too, but if they all have object of obsession and place middlewich offerings, you'll never catch any of them. And they won't even need voip for that.

Post edited by SocialDistomancy on
  • HelterSmelter
    HelterSmelter Member Posts: 38
    Options

Lobby dodging could be because of anything. Sometimes a lobby's connection is dodgy and I'd rather dodge the game than play a laggy round where a handful of mistakes can snowball into a loss, in part due to connection speed.

• PyroGL
    PyroGL Member Posts: 239
    Options

Why is it ok to tell the killer "ok you can lobby dodge, but you will never improve, or are low skill killer", but killers are not allowed to say "you'll never improve if you only SWF with your friends every game"?

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

So because not everyone does it, its not big deal i guess?

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379
    Options

Huh. Not everyone plays games to improve at it. Some just want to have fun and sweating it out every trial isn't fun for everyone. Imagine that. 🤪

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

No, if someone dodges a lobby because there's 4 p3 claudettes with keys and flashlights how can you be mad at that? Its much better to save yourself from a frustrating match than force yourself through it and become frustrated.

• Boddy604
    Boddy604 Member Posts: 183
    Options

U lobby dodge when ppl bring in medkits? Lol #########

• bugreportm8
    bugreportm8 Member Posts: 9
    Options

seeing all you people get emotionally invested in forum arguements is so amusing to watch

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

You have a silver tongue, friend. Unfortunately my well thought-out response was lost, because it hit new discussion instead of post. So here's a long story short.

I don't like losing, because I'm very competitive. If I don't 4k I feel like I didn't do well enough. I'm a rank 1 killer and can't see myself improving much beyond my current skill level. Survivors are too strong, or at least have the tools to be. For solos you gotta give it your all, and for SWF you gotta go above and beyond. The matches are so stressful that even when I win, I can't enjoy it. Making simple mistakes very few times costs me the game, but survivors can get downed like there's no tommorow and still be likely to escape. It feels like at a certain point my skill becomes irrelevant, and every match's outcome is in the survivors' hands, at least when it comes to SWF.

I dodge the challenge because it just isn't worth it.

• danielmaster87
    Options

Can you see what kind of connection people have in the lobby on PS4? If it is there, I just don't pay that much attention to it.

• danielmaster87
    Options

They save an insane amount of time on healing. One of the most infuriating things in-game is repeatedly injuring an annoying survivor (because you can't afford to commit to them or you lose) and you keep seeing them come back healthy every 40 seconds to try and provoke you. If I saw 4 medkits, I might lobby dodge too.

• danielmaster87
    Options

Yeah some people really have it out for me because I say things they don't agree with. And simply bringing that to light is me playing the victim card, apparently. You can't win an argument with a fool.

• StuMacher
    StuMacher Member Posts: 110
    Options

Ive been taking the gamble lately.

Last night I saw 4 Aces in the lobby. Almost left instinctually.

Offering: ormond.

In game: 3 Aces lined up at the bar while one dressed close to a bar tender stood on the other side. It lasted way longer but ended up being a pleasant surprise.

Never know...

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Before, when a killer dodges, it kicked all survivors from the lobby and back to the queues! This often wasted their time because they had to wait for another lobby and depending on the queue times, that could take a while! People who don't have a lot of time to play DBD really feel this and are the most affected by dodging!

However, currently, if the killer leaves the lobby (from what I've seen, don't quote me), all survivors remain in the lobby and wait for a different killer to join! It still wastes the survivors' time, but not as bad as before because they weren't kicked from the lobby!

I guess what I'm getting at here is that lobby dodging punishes survivors with extra wait time because they are playing the game. Often times killers don't even give it a chance or use their items to balance the odds, they just automatically give up (which prevents them from getting better because they don't challenge themselves)!

Just being honest, nothing against either side! 😅

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,808
    Options

Damn sucks that you prefer to curb stomp weak players instead of competent players.

• xEa
    Options

Im not mad because of someone is dogding a lobby. I am also not mad because someone dcs during the game.

All i say is, that dodging lobbys is hurting the game. I hate Deathslinger and the Twins, do i DC because of it? I am also not a big fan of playing against an obvious toxic Nea team, but i still wont dodge it. Like i said, the more people who are doing it, the more it is hurting the game.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

If I play solo, how can I lobby dodge a Freddy, Spirit, Huntress, or Blight with slowgen perks? These are not fair to verse.

• xEa
    Options

Thanks for your honest answer, i can accept that ;)

I guess everybody is different, but i would get bored if i can not grow beyond my current skill level. And the only reason i see myself get better is to run into better teams (or into better killer).

I hope they implement a working ranking system so we all get paired with people who have the same skilllevel - and when we get better we rank up. Currently you can get anything right now, no matter what rank. As a rank 1 killer i run into 5K hours survivors who can loop like gods and the next game with the same killer, i play against survivor with 200 hours who are crouching around in a corner and wont last more then 15 seconds during chase.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 539
    Options

You lobby dodge because there's 4 people on another platform?

I play on PC and will often get an all other platform opposing team. They could be Switch/PS4/PS5/Xbox/Stadia/MS Store players. Have no way of telling.

You'd dodge them anyway?

I understand dodging flashlight squads or keys, but putting on crossplay and then dodging when they're on another platform is stupid.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

How can you measure skill in DBD? Everything is luck based. You either have a deadzone or you are at a jungle gym. A survivor can perform poorly based on the map RNG. A survivor can perform poorly against a Huntress with inadequate hit registration. In one game, I can run a killer for several minutes and in another map I literally cannot find a pallet. In another game, nobody can find the totems and everyone dies. Everything is based on luck but everyone thinks they won because they think are skilled. Killers win automatically with their perk choices and map RNG. That's all there is to it.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

This. You'll never improve if you don't challenge yourself.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841
    Options

Not all SWF are difficult to win as the killer, to be honest.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

be not afraid

Look I agreed to this match here despite a sense of impending doom and honestly it was fine. No lingering trauma that I can detect as of yet. The really anti-fun squads rarely announce themselves so openly, trying to predict the outcome of a match based on cosmetics, usernames, or number of globe icons is generally a fool's errand.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I don't care if people dodge lobbies. That is far better than disconnecting or early, unwarranted suicides on the Hook. Nobody wastes too much time, Gear, Add-On(s), or Offerings that way. Do I dodge lobbies? No, as a general rule not. Sometimes I back out for a phone call or a bathroom run I didn't expect, but I don't avoid any particular gathering of players unless I recognize a name from my Hacker list.

• danielmaster87
    Options

Lobby dodging isn't a thing that survivors can do. You have no idea who the killer is until you get into a match.

• danielmaster87
    Options

If I want to save myself from a stressful match, yes. There's no chance of a 4-man team if it's mixed platforms, but when it's all the same platform it is possible.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

I'm on ps4 and I have buddies on pc, we regularly have shenanigans