DS makes me tunnel more than not

I main Nurse and have a very slug-centered gamestyle. My rule of thumb is to go into the games (with 0 slow down perks or sloppy butcher, at most) and slug and hook people, actively avoiding tunnel (if I have more options than just the person who got unhooked, I'll take them). I will make sure to hook everyone somewhere between 1-2 times before it htis 2 gens and then I'll look to kill someone finally (as this slows the game down to a halt and usually means I'll get 3-4 kills by the end, but the enemy team can at least feel like they've played the game).

However, I'll run across people who sit on top of gens or run into lockers to force DS. I understand that this might be to prevent slugging. But I will 100% tunnel someone out of the game after they use that perk on me (unless it was my own doing of picking someone up before 1 min. is up). I feel like this is such a dirty way to use the perk and once it is gone, I can just abuse that fact (instead of being forced to assume that everyone runs it).

Comments

• derppug
    derppug Member Posts: 239

I could see how some people think that and then by all means jump into that locker or sit on that gen.

But more times than not, these survivors rage in after game chat. And if they are someone running 3-4 meta perks, they are almost 100% going to rage.

• derppug
    derppug Member Posts: 239

That's one way to view it, I guess. But I think DS should not be abused like that. When I play survivor, I only proc DS if I am picked up off the floor. I have some survivors who will jump in lockers or sit on gens with me in the area, but chasing their teammate (because I see both of them). And the moment they pull the locker thing, I switch targets because its scummy to me.

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613

I tunnel every one to get rid of ds

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

I don't understand your train of thought here.

Your goal is to slug even when there is no DS.

If a player is slugged they aren't playing the game, they're doing absolutely nothing.

As another has said I'd rather locker DS, get tunneled, and move on to the next game other than spend god knows how long on the ground.

Especially vs a Nurse where I've most likely been slugged before with no DS even active.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Absolutely. Beginning of the match I always pick that same person up to force them to use the DS early. It isn't personal, nor driven by any desire to tunnel. I just would rather not get hit with DS during the EGC. So, I'd rather take an early stun or two and force it.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Just curious, whats your reaction on a survivor faking a DS locker? I've done it a few times and it's been enough to get some killers to abandon me (even though I dont even have DS unlocked or even have the character), so I'm wondering how you'd react to grabbing someone expecting a DS and then they just dont have it.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

You have no desire to tunnel yet you're picking someone to tunnel to force them to use their DS.

So you're tunneling the first person regardless if they have DS or not, right?

This is the exact reason why Survivors use the perk.

• Moundshroud
    edited December 2020

No, people take the Perk because they have been told they must by other ill-advised folk. I don't even run DS as a Survivor and I do fine. DS isn't actually that great a Perk unless an ENTIRE SWF has loaded up on it and Unbreakable, etc. It is the spamming of DS by a group which makes it effective in a SWF in the Red Ranks. And it is because of SWF that many Killers like myself just make sure we get it out of the way early. If it is mid to end game, we just slug you and count to sixty.

You are going to have to learn to be pragmatic and understand that both roles have strengths and weaknesses. Players adapt their style to mitigate damage. A stun is a stun is a stun. Getting hit by DS at the right time isn't really a big deal, anymore than drawing the pallet stun just so you can get rid of an annoying loop. It is the same logic. Don't blame the Killer for making an assessment and doing what is best in a given match.

Most of the bad things that happen to Survivors are the fault of OTHER Survivors. The Killer is merely doing his/her job. It is the other Survivors that pull you off the hook who are SUPPOSED to be protecting you, either by making sure that rescue is 100% safe, or by taking those protection hits or their turn on the hook. Far too many new Players seem to have bought into this myth that there are these accepted, unspoken rules about what Killers must do. It is nonsense.

• Moundshroud

I suppose I'd be happily surprised? The Locker fake is a common tactic, used by people who have DS to draw the Aggro to themselves and lure the Killer away from others. Because it has become so common, many people without DS now do it to give the Killer pause, and hope they will move on to someone else. There is a variation of this where the unhooked person doesn't run as if daring the Killer to down them and pick them up, or doesn't try to crawl away and so on. It is just the Survivor version of the mind game, a bluff or double bluff. I'm certainly not going to be offended. That is just the way the game is played. Every choice we make is a gamble. For my own part, I rarely worry that much about whether someone has DS unless we are near the end of the game or in the ECG. I could care less about taking the stun and getting it out of the way early in the game.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

Look if you're playing a slugging nurse i don't really think ur in a position to be complaining about people forcing ds on you. At most it's gonna stop you for 15 seconds if you're good with nurse.