Farming bloodpoints with survivors

I got a question for survivors mains. Do most of you all like to farm bloodpoints with killers or prefer just a straight game? Bc I like farming points with everyone and have a fun time. I do have serious games as well but sometimes it hard to get survivors to farm with you as well. So just throwing this question out their to get some opinions on this subject lol

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I got FLAMED for not farming the other day.

So no, I do not like farming. I've got basically no use for BP.

Here's a screenshot if you wanted to see lmao

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

Wow. Just.. wow. I can feel the emotion in that paragraph.

• Pulsar

I know right, they blocked me after this.

Their buddy also called me a particular racial slur and got banned.

• Father_Dark
    Father_Dark Member Posts: 84

My last game of the night is usually a friendly game. Most times, I get 8 to 12K BPs. The survivors will get twice that, usually. It's difficult to communicate and I've never had anyone flame me afterwards either. There have been a few times when survivors have let me hook them so they can max their altru points, but that's pretty rare. There was one match were 4 of us completed rift challenges. That was pretty cool.

I've also had matches (when I wasn't playing friendly) where there were multiple party streamers and they would try to communicate with me. In those matches, I do change how I play, specifically, I will not 3rd hook someone until I have everyone hooked twice. And if I happen to be dominating them, I will let them get some gens as well before I final hook someone. But to be honest, it's not much different than my normal gameplay. I honestly try to get everyone first hooked before I second hook anyone. Doesn't always work out that way, but that's what I try for.

• MrGrizzly
    MrGrizzly Member Posts: 143

Though I do like to farm, usually it's the memeing the survivors/killers do is just still funny to me. But the bloodpoints are nice, esp if I used an escape cake or a pudding :)

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Well, i joined a match to play the game, not to do boring tasks to just get points.

It might be different when one or two players suicide or dc, because that leaves all other players with an unbalanced game, but even then i would often prefere to either try to play the killer with a disadvantage or just be killed to get to a new game.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

I really dislike farming games and I won't participate in them, I play to enjoy the actual game not to just farm BP.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

I don’t mind farming. Some farming matches are even more fun than the serious matches.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

Not everyone enjoys farming games. When I play killer, 90%+ of my games I 2 hook everyone, then let gen pallet stun, etc and escape

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

I don't mind farming for BP or if killer needs to do some of the more obnoxious rift challenges like hitting 2 people in 30 seconds with chainsaw when they suck with Billy while I do an obnoxious survivor challenge.

• The_Nightmare
    The_Nightmare Member Posts: 65

Damn Im sorry to see that like people like that ruin the fun of the game in general i never force anyone to farm much like talk down on them afterwards. If I get the hint that no one wants to farm some bloodpoints then I kick it into gear and start playing seriously like that's uncalled for Im sorry man

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

A farming game once and a while is ok when I play survivor it's a nice break.

When I play killer I only farm with the survivors if someone DC right at the start or when I have them all hooked once before they get a gen done. I give them a chance to earn some points letting the heal and do a couple gens before I start the second round of hooking.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I find farming really boring and unless the killer actually added me beforehand to have a discussion, I'm usually pretty wary to even trust it as I've seen faking farming used to get free kills etc, in the past.

Id much rather a real game vs a good killer; it's much more interesting. That said, I can't expect it to not be frustrating as we all know what solo queue is like.

• The_Nightmare
    The_Nightmare Member Posts: 65

Yeah I have had killers fake farm me too when I've played survivor it's really a dick move and its a reason why survivors have trust issues lol

• Jareth
    Jareth Member Posts: 112

I don't like to farm in general but if the killer shows that they are trying to complete a challenge or something I'll help out. I try to get out of the match as quickly as possible though so I can move on.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,228
    edited December 2020

I refuse to farm. BP is capped per game. Farming is super boring and takes forever. It's quicker to just play a normal game. One of the many reasons I hate the d/c penalty. I'm trapped in a farming game or I have to eat a penalty. Incredible design.

• Void_Vampire
    Void_Vampire Member Posts: 4

I play solo survivor and when I come into a game and they start farming, it just ruins it. I’ve come into play and now I’m forced to farm or wait for the killer to kill me. Which never happens if they are farming. They will just put me in dying state, heal me and repeat. Even that it’s clear I don’t want to participate. I find nothing fun about it. What do you find fun with it? Smacking a survivor and then just watching them heal? Boring.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Can they actually block you and “never have to worry about playing against you again”??

Didn’t know that was a thing

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207

I like to farm and mess around with killers if it doesn't happen too often (it doesn't). However, it's easier to trust them when they could have killed me already, when I'm on my way to death hook but dragged to a generator instead or something like that. If it's still early game, I suspect easier that the killer is baiting and wants easy kills.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

I don't farm, I rather just play a straight game. I've seen it happen and I always think that the players know each other and would sacrifice me if I joined in. So I just go off and do gens then leave.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

I farm when I have a BS challenge as a killer.

If a killer wants to do it whatever. But I do agree that sometimes we all need a break form the rough games on both sides.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I want to add something to my comment: I am willing to farm sometimes (and even help the killer to farm if i suspect he tries it) challenges during the first days after a new rift-thing happens. Some of these challenges are quite hard, and i try to be kind to my fellow gamers. I even let myself kill if it was clear he was going for some of those harder achivements.

• cindlemain
    cindlemain Member Posts: 92

There is nothing wrong with farming. People who claim it takes the game hostage or is just no fun well... they can finish the gens and go play waiting simulator again.

This game has a horrible grind and some of the tasks in the rift can just be to much sometimes expecally if your not toxic or don't play the rifts chosen killer that often if at all. (Blight, Spirit or Hag)

Now I'm not saying I want to farm all the time. I don't, but it is nice sometimes to be able to farm after several hard matches in a row or when your struggling to finish a rift challenge

Heck if not for a really nice Legion and Ghost face killers who Understood my friend needed to complete the newest flashlight rift challenge I think she would have been stuck on that for several more days because she doesn't want to chase killers down being toxic with a flashlight.

So, thank you to all the farming killers who help survivors get their rifts done and thank you to the survivors who help the killers too.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    edited December 2020

I can understand preferring to play a normal game to farming, but I don't understand why some people get so inflamed about farming.

While playing a good normal game is also the most ideal to me, I'd much rather have a chill farming game than face a slugging, camping, tunneling killer - even if they're allowed to play this way/it's "strategy", it's lame and a bigger waste of time imo.

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Member Posts: 34

If I am playing killer and there is a disconnect/suicide early on then I go into training mode with survivors in which I try to two hook everyone and still down them afterwards to give them and myself practice in chases. If I down the remaining survivors, I'll pick one up and let them wiggle free to go and get the other two back up. I get my BBQ stacks, they get to escape and everyone still gets to have fun playing the game, sharpening their skills and earning BP. I know the frustration of being a survivor in a lobby for 5+ minutes waiting for a game only to have it turn south in the first 30 seconds and I'm not a killer who is in it just to win in an obviously favorable situation that I didn't even earn.

If there are two disconnects/suicides early on, I will blatantly let the remaining two know that I intend to let them escape but try to train a little with them.

As survivor, I dont mind a killer not farming so long as they're being cool about it. If another survivor dc's early on and I get hooked next, I'm cool with it so long as I'm not getting tunneled or camped. If the killer does tunnel or camp, I'll suicide because by then the pace of the game has been decided and the killer just wants to move on.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

I just run We're Gonna Live Forever and play normally.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

people with thousands of hours of gametime will usually hate it.

The normal folk with less than 500 hours of time played usually love farming game as the grind in this game is really ######### too much.

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651

i may farm some times but it dont mean im always going to throw the game just because the survivors wants to farm

• Pulsar

Don't worry about it my guy. They were just upset, it doesn't make their actions okay, but I get where they were coming from.

Glad to see that your cool about it tho :)

• Pulsar

Can they block me? Yes.

Does it stop me from being matched with them? Nope.

• If you want to farm you can, so long as people behave on both ends I see no issue with it. I rarely do a farm match, but once in a while usually when it's my last game. I think there are some rules people should follow if they do farm though.

• Do not hook or sacrifice anyone who isn't pointing at a hook or making it that obvious they are fine with it.
    • If someone chooses not to participate that is 100% fine; leave them be to do what they want to do. If they want to do the gens and leave, let them, if they want to die on hook and try tell you to hook them and then try and kill themselves; let them. Do not hold the game hostage in any way shape or form.
    • Don't run any dumb end game perks like noed or bloodwarden; honestly that is just toxic as hell at that point, some do this they pretend to farm and then do this at the last moment- this might actually be even reportable I can't remember. Don't "activate" once the last gen is done or anything like that.
    • Do not slug people unless a team mate is there with them to heal them and it's clear they are fine with it.
    • Be polite post game, even if people are being rude or trashing on you for playing a farm game or w/e, just say gg or something nice and move on. Some folks are gonna be upset, but it's really not a big deal, and you can play how you want. Still, be respectful either way.
  • SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

I will take as many farm games as I can possibly get. I'd say out of 1400 hours of gameplay, maybe 15 ish rounds (give or take) were farming rounds. Pleaseeeee farm because it's way more fun