Which survivor should I main?

I'm very indecisive when it comes to this and have changed my mind many times. To solve this, whatever the most popular survivor is replying to this I will choose.

In your opinion, who has the best cosmetics? I'm not worried about perks because I have all of the ones that I want as teachables?

Also, which outfits are best?

Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Member Posts: 34

Anyone but Steve...

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

If you're focusing on quantity of cosmetics, don't go for licensed ones.

The survivors with most number of cosmetics belong to the initial roster.

If you really want to be unique, P3 Quentin.

• Mistercookie
    Mistercookie Member Posts: 147

Nobody but Steve...

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608

Jake.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,372

Depends on your play style.

Are you good at looping? Anyone you like.

Are you bad at looping? Claudette.

Are you great at looping? Claudette in bright clothes.

Do you hate your ear drums? Elodie

Want a good looking male character? Felix.

Want to scare the killer? Quentin.

As far as cosmetics go, Dwight has some interesting ones, he also gets special attention during holidays (He has a christmas present cosmetic as well as an elf one).

I went through all of the survivor cosmetics and I have to say I was disappointed. Too many recolors and not much originality. I mean they are designed well, they just don't "wow" me for the most part. I wish they'd hire me, I'd give them some nice designs.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

jane because she’s the best looking female survivor

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,950

You can't go wrong with the Dweet.

• Metalhead

In all seriousness, Huge is right. Although survivors are mechanically identical (hit box size, movement speeds etc.) There are some survivors who have certain advantages and disadvantages cosmetically and soundbite.

Personally, I would second Jane. Her and my boy Jeff are the president and vice president of the Big and Loud club and it will come with the advantage of being unique in 99% of the lobbies you join since not many main either. I main Jeff and over the last 6 months or so I can count on one hand the number of times I've been in a lobby with another Jeff .

As for outfits, Jane's Muse outfit is good and the Dia de los Muertos outfit is hands down one of the best out of all survivor outfits imo.

So if you want unique, great cosmetics and don't care too much for stealth go for Jane.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Go for a female survivor, I recommend Claudette. You have a good range of cosmetics to choose from and can immerse when you want.

I say go with a female survivor because you have a much better view of your surroundings, can hide more effectively and give the slight illusion of being slightly further away from a killer in a chase than male survivors despite having the same hitbox - all because the female survivors are all smaller (except perhaps Jane!).

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,818

Ohhhh any of em will do, they're all just so tasty.........

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

Whichever you want, they're all essentially skins so whoever appeals to you, main them. I main Steve and Cheryl.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

From a perk stand point. I suggest David because of Were gonna live forever. It really cuts down on the grind for BP. If BP or perks are not an issue than I suggest anyone small or dark. It's just flat out harder to see those survivors.

• Phasmamain

Pink hair from rift, sweater, and tattered jeans is the best Jane set imo

• Huge_Bush

Jane needs a sequin dress. I'll buy her in a heart beat if they giver her one and it's actually reflective/sparkly.

• Metalhead

I dont think I've ever seen that combo. Got any screenshots?

• Phasmamain

hopefully Could be part of the gold and silk collection!

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

The correct answer is Kate, Tapp or Ace. They have a natural advantage because their sounds are quieter than others

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

If you want either of the survivors who have an actual inherent advantage over the others, it's Claudette (small stature with lots of earth-tone clothes) or Ace (quieter breathing sounds).

With cosmetics, the original launch survivors have way more options than anyone else (last I checked, Meg has the most cosmetics of any character in DbD). As for actual outfit quality/variety though, I'd say Dwight or Jake take that cake.

• Metalhead

That head cosmetic is pretty tight. It goes well with the sweater.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,323

Ace has the right combination of utility (quiet) and cosmetics. He can look either sharp or completely meme-tier depending on the outfit choices. I personally go with the short shorts, prestige body, and mustache head.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited January 2021

Ace has the best cosmetics by far! And on top of it, he is the most quiet survivor.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    edited January 2021

MEG!! One of us one of us one of us oNE OF US

Oh I also forgot that I play as her in the pink tennis outfit because it's cute as heck lol <3!

• Yall be the ones with your heads sticking out of the bush with the anniversary halo on; saying the killer must be hacking because they saw you.

⁽ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶦˢ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ᵐᵉᵍ ʲᵒᵏᵉ ᵇᵗʷ, ᴵ'ᵐ ⁿᵒᵗ ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ⁾

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,045

Are you bad at looping? Claudette.

I may not loop well, but good luck catching me if i just ######### disappear around a corner

• Huge_Bush

I am, and forever will be, bad at looping, but take your eyes off of me for 3 seconds and I will disappear. I lost count how many times I have abused the killers POV and was able to sneak away. Except for Spirits, I hate them. I did learn how to not get spotted by them and make them waste time looking for me when they come to my gen.

• Wongrath
    Wongrath Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2021

At the end of the day it boils down to which one(s) you like the most.

I used to main Steve, but have recently played Yui a lot. When it comes to cosmetics I have a soft spot for Nea though.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

I feel like Nea has some great outfits to work with. So based on cosmetics I would suggest her.

My heart goes back to Adam as of late. The Bearded Diety-head from the greek collection was a great addition to him. Also not gonna lie I switch mains all the time too, so I feel the struggle there.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

In my opinion Feng Min, Jane, and Jeff have the best cosmetics in the game. Their clothes appeal to their character very nicely.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

If you're toxic, then be Feng, everyone else is ok. I like Elodie a lot currently

• FilledPizza
    FilledPizza Member Posts: 392

Anyone that isn't Feng or Claudette

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Ace mains are always cool. Meg is picked by a lot of new players and it gives her the Meghead reputation but she's got the most outfits in the game.

That's coming from a Dwight main though.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 572

Nea or Feng if you want the best selection of cosmetics imo.

I personally play Cheryl almost all the time as I like her voice, outfit, and Silent Hill. I would play Jane more but she's so loud when injured that it's a massive disadvantage.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

David, shirtless.

The ladies and gays will throw themselves at your hooked feet at a chance to save their King.

Felix is also a solid option, classy and hot.